The MTA heading your way with good news!

Shortline Bus

Threxxbus--

I agree about the 57....What I think they should do is shorten the B61 (Ikea to Downtown BK) as it was a couple years ago. Reroute it so that it terminates at Boreum Place/Joralemon st (people can cross to get the 2,3,4,5 at Borough Hall and just walk a couple short blocks to get the A,C,F,R at Jay st-Metrotech). The DOT should create an area on Boerum Place/Adams st where the bus can make a U turn and get back into service quickly.

They should bring back the B77.....extend it so that it replaces the old B75 route in Park Slope or simply have them turn around at Bartel Pritchard Sq with the B68.

The B77 was a LIFELINE--a very efficient and reliable route and served its purpose well. Especially with the Smith and 9th st station closing, that bus would have been the life support people need to get to the 4th av station. Why the MTA cut that route is mind-boggling.

I am definitely writing this to the MTA.

Also, a B51 on the Brooklyn Bridge going to West St (as was mentioned) would be excellent.

Brooklyn under NYC DOT laws no buses or commerical vechiles are allowed on the Brooklyn Bridge. if it did the Brooklyn Bridge would not be around almost 130 years later after it opened in 1883.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe you're complaining. The BxM7 runs like water during most parts of the day and you've got several local buses in Co-op City. Talk about ungrateful. They're not complaining because there is nothing to complain about!

Oh really. First off shut the f*ck up. Second, why you bringing up the BxM7? The cuts in Co-op City had NOTHING to do with that f*cking line & if you read the cuts from that time, you would see that so before you talk you better know what you talking about. The cuts here involved the Bx26, Bx28, Bx30 and they created the Bx38 over that shit. I've said it so many goddamn times here, they made it harder to get around because of the cuts and plenty of people here have and still do complain about it because we have to wait much longer for a bus or transfer for a bus we didn't have to transfer for 3 years ago because of that shit! Ungrateful?! Really?! Kiss my ass. I shake my head at some of you in here. (Rolling my eyes in disgust)

Oh really. First off shut the f*ck up. Second, why you bringing up the BxM7? The cuts in Co-op City had NOTHING to do with that f*cking line & if you read the cuts from that time, you would see that so before you talk you better know what you talking about. The cuts here involved the Bx26, Bx28, Bx30 and they created the Bx38 over that shit. I've said it so many goddamn times here, they made it harder to get around because of the cuts and plenty of people here have and still do complain about it because we have to wait much longer for a bus or transfer for a bus we didn't have to transfer for 3 years ago because of that shit! Ungrateful?! Really?! Kiss my ass. I shake my head at some of you in here. (Rolling my eyes in disgust)

First off I'll pass on your later suggestion... Second, I read them and if they were so severe then there would've been more outcry. You yourself said there wasn't enough and the neighborhoods who made the most stink are the ones that got some sort of restoration for the most part. You're pissed at me? You should be pissed at your community. Many of the restorations that occurred in Southern Brooklyn for example I personally have been fighting for for over a year. Wonder if you can say the same thing since you're so upset? It is easy to complain on here, but did you contact your local representative or do anything of the sort? I won't bother with the looks of disgust because I already know the answer.

I'm talking about the BxM7 because you guys get more than your fair share of service when you add everything up and yet you still complain... And they call us folks here in Riverdale spoiled brats... You can't have it both ways... You guys want your BxM7 to run like water AND ALL of your local buses too... Meanwhile communities like Sheepshead had NO local bus and limited BM3 express bus service.

Ok, first of all, you need to calm the hell down, he wasn't rude to you at all.

Second of all, none of this is completely set in stone, the routes for the new routes aren't even set yet, so stop flipping out over nothing. The simple thing to do here is tor restore the Bx25 and have the Bx26 serve the northern 4 sections.

Threxxbus--

I agree about the 57....What I think they should do is shorten the B61 (Ikea to Downtown BK) as it was a couple years ago. Reroute it so that it terminates at Boreum Place/Joralemon st (people can cross to get the 2,3,4,5 at Borough Hall and just walk a couple short blocks to get the A,C,F,R at Jay st-Metrotech). The DOT should create an area on Boerum Place/Adams st where the bus can make a U turn and get back into service quickly.

They should bring back the B77.....extend it so that it replaces the old B75 route in Park Slope or simply have them turn around at Bartel Pritchard Sq with the B68.

The B77 was a LIFELINE--a very efficient and reliable route and served its purpose well. Especially with the Smith and 9th st station closing, that bus would have been the life support people need to get to the 4th av station. Why the MTA cut that route is mind-boggling.

I am definitely writing this to the MTA.

Also, a B51 on the Brooklyn Bridge going to West St (as was mentioned) would be excellent.

I have a friend who reads this forum and works for MTA planning ops

Ok, first of all, you need to calm the hell down, he wasn't rude to you at all.

Second of all, none of this is completely set in stone, the routes for the new routes aren't even set yet, so stop flipping out over nothing. The simple thing to do here is tor restore the Bx25 and have the Bx26 serve the northern 4 sections.

I actually thought it was funny. I like it when people get really pissed off... The truth hurts I guess. I've been the first one to say that we have enough express bus service here in Riverdale and even the local bus service isn't terrible if they put artics on them (i.e. Bx7) and improved the bunching. As for the Bx20, I would be open to having some M100s extended during the rush to cover that route so long as they could be on time. This guy however, he doesn't want any concessions... His BxM7 runs as much as every 4-5 minutes in some cases... So yes, ungrateful is the correct word when you look at the big picture.

I actually thought it was funny. I like it when people get really pissed off... The truth hurts I guess. I've been the first one to say that we have enough express bus service here in Riverdale and even the local bus service isn't terrible if they put artics on them (i.e. Bx7) and improved the bunching. As for the Bx20, I would be open to having some M100s extended during the rush to cover that route so long as they could be on time. This guy however, he doesn't want any concessions... His BxM7 runs as much as every 4-5 minutes in some cases... So yes, ungrateful is the correct word when you look at the big picture.

If every 1 out of 3 M100's were extended at rush, that could cover the Bx20 and save money in the long run...

Why is it so essential that Section 5 riders not have direct service to Gun Hill Road or Allerton Avenue? How do they benefit from a forced 10-minute through the rest of Co-op City?

The Bx26 (which is really the Bx25 relabeled and extended time-wise) doesn't serve the other parts of Co-Op City, and the Bx28 doesn't even serve the northern half of the Asch Loop until the late-night hours. The northern sections need the service, too. With the Bx26 no longer serving other parts of the neighborhood (and combined with the fact that the Bx26 ends service relatively early), it gives residents an even greater amount of difficulty getting around, especially with the Bx30 and Bx23 each ending service just after midnight and the Bx28 only serving the other sections during late nights, because transfers are required. "Saving ten minutes for the Section 5" residents is a daft, half-assed excuse when the other sections need bus service, too.

I can't believe you're complaining. The BxM7 runs like water during most parts of the day and you've got several local buses in Co-op City. Talk about ungrateful. They're not complaining because there is nothing to complain about!

Read my comment to Gotham above.

And I'm sure Co-Op City residents are complaining, but there may not be as loud a voice. Althought the BxM7 is still a very great and important route for the community, local service there is still problematic for aforementioned reasons above.

The Bx26 (which is really the Bx25 relabeled and extended time-wise) doesn't serve the other parts of Co-Op City, and the Bx28 doesn't even serve the northern half of the Asch Loop until the late-night hours. The northern sections need the service, too. With the Bx26 no longer serving other parts of the neighborhood (and combined with the fact that the Bx26 ends service relatively early), it gives residents an even greater amount of difficulty getting around, especially with the Bx30 and Bx23 each ending service just after midnight and the Bx28 only serving the other sections during late nights, because transfers are required. "Saving ten minutes for the Section 5" residents is a daft, half-assed excuse when the other sections need bus service, too.

Read my comment to Gotham above.

And I'm sure Co-Op City residents are complaining, but there may not be as loud a voice. Althought he BxM7 is still a very great and important route for the community, local service there is still problematic for aforementioned reasons above.

Well listen, local bus service in Riverdale ends rather early too, with only the Bx10 running up here all of the time and the express buses stop running for the most part after 12:30 during the week and Sundays and 01:15 on Saturdays, and we manage. After MetroNorth at 01:50, that is it or you use the Bx10 from the (1) train from the city. I'm sure if we were crying, we would be told to use car service like the folks in Gerritsen Beach for overnight hours. I mean my point is they can't have EVERYTHING, which is what he wants. His BxM7 runs every 5 minutes in some cases and maybe if a few BxM7s were given up he could have more local bus service. It comes down to what the community wants more and if they're really complaining, apparently it isn't getting through to the right people because I have yet to hear about any complaints, but I hear about the complaints from the folks in Harlem loud and clear with the M1. My question is do they want more express bus service or more local bus service?

Cameron calm down man. It's one thing to strongly disagree with VG8 but another to get that out of control.

COOP City local bus service does suck at times. And that from me, occasionaly going to Bay Plaza for shopping. Still no need for saying "F-CK" in that case though.

On idea of extending the "M100" as i said before it should be only be extended to 231st, to serve the 225th St/Marble Hill (I should not be called Harlem River Plaza)Target plaza. If the BX20 had to be replace merge it and become a BX7a branch as some have suggsted such as B35.

The BxM7 does nothing for co-op city residents trying to get around within the bronx... or even within co-op city itself.....

Princelex has a legitimate gripe....

He doesn't have to complain about (or even bring up) the express bus to have a problem with the local buses in the area......

Well listen, local bus service in Riverdale ends rather early too, with only the Bx10 running up here all of the time and the express buses stop running for the most part after 12:30 during the week and Sundays and 01:15 on Saturdays, and we manage. After MetroNorth at 01:50, that is it or you use the Bx10 from the (1) train from the city. I'm sure if we were crying, we would be told to use car service like the folks in Gerritsen Beach for overnight hours. I mean my point is they can't have EVERYTHING, which is what he wants. His BxM7 runs every 5 minutes in some cases and maybe if a few BxM7s were given up he could have more local bus service. It comes down to what the community wants more and if they're really complaining, apparently it isn't getting through to the right people because I have yet to hear about any complaints, but I hear about the complaints from the folks in Harlem loud and clear with the M1. My question is do they want more express bus service or more local bus service?

The problem is the BxM7, Bx23, and Q50 LTD are part of MTA Bus, while the remaining Co-op City local bus routes are NYCT - hence, two different budgets. Furthermore, have you seen some of the headways on the local Co-op City buses (notably the ones serving the loops)? Not exactly paragons of frequent bus service (if anything, it's the opposite)...

...also, the BxM7 is frequent enough. Methinks the vast majority of complaints involve the local buses...

The problem is the BxM7, Bx23, and Q50 LTD are part of MTA Bus, while the remaining Co-op City local bus routes are NYCT - hence, two different budgets. Furthermore, have you seen some of the headways on the local Co-op City buses (notably the ones serving the loops)? Not exactly paragons of frequent bus service (if anything, it's the opposite)...

...also, the BxM7 is frequent enough. Methinks the vast majority of complaints involve the local buses...

Well it's the same set up in Riverdale. (MTA) Bus has our express buses and NYCT has our local buses... Like I said, they can't have it both ways... I'm looking at service OVERALL for the area and as far as I'm concerned the BxM7 is related to the overall transportation provided to Co-op City. So they have crappy service within Co-op City but GREAT service from the city to Co-op City. The point is perhaps they give up some of that service to the city to get better service within Co-op City.

That was one of my ideas along with the Bx1 or Bx2 being rerouted. Cotb16 wanted the Bx18 extended to the mall. If only the MTA would have the Bx13 going to 149 St GC to also have a connection with the (2) and (5).

http://www.nyctransi...st-mnr-station/

Bx13 to 3 Av could still be done as an alternate terminal, or extra Bx6 service could be added.

I initially proposed for the Bx18 to head to Gateway, but I ended up changing it to the Bx13, only with a further extension to the Hub to replace the Bx2 on 149th St (thus allowing the Bx2 to run down Concourse with the Bx1, resulting in a few more cuts to Bx1/2 service).

As for 3rd Av/163rd St, I said it before in having the Barretto Point Park bus run from the park to Yankee Stadium to help the Bx6.

It would be called the Bx6A: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=207379669121273556438.0004c545e12b845646503&msa=0

Headways for both Bx6 and Bx6A

AM Rush: 3.5 mins (7 mins for each bus)

Middays: 6 mins (12 mins for each bus)

PM Rush: 4.5 mins (9 mins for each bus)

Evenings and Saturdays: 7.5 mins (15 mins for each bus)

Sundays: 8 mins (16 mins for each bus)

Brooklyn under NYC DOT laws no buses or commerical vechiles are allowed on the Brooklyn Bridge. if it did the Brooklyn Bridge would not be around almost 130 years later after it opened in 1883.

Apparently, the Authority can have that waived, because it was seriously proposed as a "Manhattan Bridge Alternative". (though I have to check and see if that was just in an emergency situation that the MB lost train service. But a lot of those alternatives were still proposed as additional service to help out, even if the train service was running). It used to have trolleys. Just allowing buses would not be the same as allowing all commercial vehicles.

Apparently, the Authority can have that waived, because it was seriously proposed as a "Manhattan Bridge Alternative". (though I have to check and see if that was just in an emergency situation that the MB lost train service. But a lot of those alternatives were still proposed as additional service to help out, even if the train service was running). It used to have trolleys. Just allowing buses would not be the same as allowing all commercial vehicles.

The Brooklyn Bridge can no longer handle steady train traffic. It's too old, period. The City won't waive it for any commercial traffic.

Why not have the Bx6A also go to Manhattan? The Bx6 could use help there too...

Because most of the Bx6's crowds are between Yankee Stadium and Southern Blvd. It gets some usage in Manhattan, but not as much as the aforementioned portion. Because of the bridge traffic, the Bx6 tends to bunch. With my proposed Bx6A, it would discourage the bunching and crowding along 161st Street.

I see the bunching first-hand as the Bx6 is my home route.

Archived