The MTA heading your way with good news!

Shortline Bus

Another interesting thing... They're adding X1 service from Eltingville to Manhattan but nothing going back to Eltingville later?? I specifically mentioned the need for late night express bus service back to Staten Island when I spoke at a hearing last year. I mean yeah it's good that they're doing that but Staten Island still needs later express bus service. Taking pressure off of the X10 on Sundays is GREAT, but the line could use later service as well.

EDIT: I think the X1 WILL BE getting later service back to Staten Island based on what they wrote about the X17. Has to be... Well I guess they heard what I said in that meeting because I brought up the fact that the X1 and X17 had some of the highest ridership numbers in the system...

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here the exact list ladies and gents. Courstey of NY1.com

Improved City Bus Service

Bronx:

Weekend service restored: Bx34.

Service to new areas: Bx13 extension, New route from South Bronx to western Hunts Point.

Brooklyn:

Weekend service restored: B2, B24, B69, X17/X27.

Restored/extended routes: B4, B39, B48, B57, B64.

Service to new areas: Three new routes.

Manhattan:

Weekend service restored: M1, M21.

Restored/extended routes: M9.

Service to new areas: New route along Far West Side from West Village to Clinton.

Queens:

Weekend service restored: Q76.

Restored/extended routes: Q24, Q27, Q36, Q42.

Service to new areas: Q30 service to Queensborough Community College.

Staten Island

Weekend service restored: S76, X17.

Late night service added: X1.

Restored/extended routes: S93 service through campus of College of Staten Island, X1 late night service, X17 off-peak weekdays and evening service

http://www.ny1.com/c...train-extension

Ok, so now that speculation is no longer necessary.... I'll comment on these....

Looking at this list, I'm also prepared for a fare hike......

figured the bx34 weekends would be brought back; woodlawn riders aint want the Bx31 & the (2)....

wonder what new routing they drew up b/w those two aforementioned points......

B2 I agree with - B9 (whose span was reduced itself) shouldn't have to pick up that slack on the weekends....

B69 I can agree with (still think the 67 is being shortchanged though).... B24 I don't quite get, but w/e....

x27 I agree with; 4th av line service as of late on the weekends hasn't been the greatest......

B4, B48, B64, all agree with.... B39 I can agree with... B57, depends what they're going to do with it...

Three new routes in brooklyn, this I have to see.....

M1 & M21 I can agree with... M9, partially agree with (I'm iffy about it being necessary to sending this over to BPC)

New route b/w west village & clinton; don't know about this.... they're going to have to make it more conducive to ppl. in the area(s) to taking, more than they currently do w/ the 20....

Q76 I can agree with.... Q24 I disagree with.... Don't get what they would do w/ the Q27 or the Q36.... Q42 guess I can agree with

Q30 to QCC I believe a couple of you on here actually proposed.... they're actually gonna implement that..... that is a smart idea for a short-turn; reduces the # of pax. walking around in that area (b/w HHE & QCC).... this might be the best change listed so far....

S76, don't know enough about to comment on (if it's justified or not, I mean)..... x17 runs on saturday, unless they're talking about adding sunday service? or adding service on saturday?.... X1 agree with... S93 within CSI I have mixed views about...

Edit:

Damn, wish I would've saw Q64's post before... ah well.... don't feel like editing this post to reflect the concerns I had, that was answered in that descriptive list of all the changes.....

Ok, so now that speculation is no longer necessary.... I'll comment on these....

Looking at this list, I'm also prepared for a fare hike......

figured the bx34 weekends would be brought back; woodlawn riders aint want the Bx31 & the (2)....

wonder what new routing they drew up b/w those two aforementioned points......

B2 I agree with - B9 (whose span was reduced itself) shouldn't have to pick up that slack on the weekends....

B69 I can agree with (still think the 67 is being shortchanged though).... B24 I don't quite get, but w/e....

x27/28 I agree with; 4th av line service as of late on the weekends hasn't been the greatest......

B4, B48, B64, all agree with.... B39 I can agree with... B57, depends what they're going to do with it...

Three new routes in brooklyn, this I have to see.....

M1 & M21 I can agree with... M9, partially agree with (I'm iffy about it being necessary to sending this over to BPC)

New route b/w west village & clinton; don't know about this.... they're going to have to make it more conducive to ppl. in the area(s) to taking, more than they currently do w/ the 20....

Q76 I can agree with.... Q24 I disagree with.... Don't get what they would do w/ the Q27 or the Q36.... Q42 guess I can agree with

Q30 to QCC I believe a couple of you on here actually proposed.... they're actually gonna implement that..... that is a smart idea for a short-turn; reduces the # of pax. walking around in that area (b/w HHE & QCC).... this might be the best change listed so far....

S76, don't know enough about to comment on (if it's justified or not, I mean)..... x17 runs on saturday, unless they're talking about adding sunday service? or adding service on saturday?.... X1 agree with... S93 within CSI I have mixed views about...

The X17 will now run on Sundays as well...

The big kicker in all of this is that supposedly the X1 will now run 24/7... Long overdue.

http://www.silive.co...ervice_res.html

Cait Sith, you know more than i do about the M14A/D and the F. The only thing i hated about working saturdays and sundays is the lack of crosstowns.

No more dealing with the 14's nor the constant GO's that effect the F (Yay for LES)

Im personally gonna get door to door service everyday ! (yay for me)

and i guess that "X17/X27" wasnt a typo. Theyre gonna add a Bay Ridge stop on the X17.

Cait Sith, you know more than i do about the M14A/D and the F. The only thing i hated about working saturdays and sundays is the lack of crosstowns.

No more dealing with the 14's nor the constant GO's that effect the F (Yay for LES)

Im personally gonna get door to door service everyday ! (yay for me)

and i guess that "X17/X27" wasnt a typo. Theyre gonna add a Bay Ridge stop on the X17.

It's a typo... They meant to say X27/X28...

I can second this 100%. Often times going in and out of Staten Island, I'm on the express bus and the Gowanus can be the most painful thing to endure during the commutes. Coming back from Staten Island one time, I was stuck in traffic for close to an hour and 30 minutes!

.....at least I can say I had one hell of a good nap during that LOL....

I'm telling you, some of these "route planners" have got to experience some of these brutal things for themselves and stop looking at maps and other stuff. Just because you are looking at a map doesn't make it perfect....

what route should the X buses take instead?

With the way it's worded on that chart, I don't think it is a typo...... It's saying "Bay Ridge, Brooklyn".....

They may actually have the x17 stop off in brooklyn.....

(much like the x19/x22 deviation off the west shore to serve victory)....

I don't see the point of that at all quite frankly and in addition to that the service change would happen in October of this year...

Below that it also says:

-Serves Bay Ridge, Fort Hamilton, Dyker Heights

Also if that were the case SILive would've mentioned it. Maybe I'm wrong but I think it's a typo.

Its not a typo... MTA states X17 will stop in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn.

X28 weekend serivce is still not yet restored.

The X28 is restored, albeit in the "finalization stage"...

http://www.subchat.c...d.asp?Id=263970

Directly from the horse's mouth...

http://www.nysenate....ce-restorations

I don't see the point of that at all quite frankly and in addition to that the service change would happen in October of this year...

Below that it also says:

-Serves Bay Ridge, Fort Hamilton, Dyker Heights

Also if that were the case SILive would've mentioned it. Maybe I'm wrong but I think it's a typo.

If you read the chart correctly:

Route:

X27 / X17 New Stop

Proposed Investment:

# Restore X27 weekend service from Bay Ridge to Midtown Manhattan

# Add new Bay Ridge, Brooklyn stop on X17

# Serves Bay Ridge, Fort Hamilton, Dyker Heights

http://www.mta.info/mta/2012_13_investment.html

the most intresting thing are thr new routes in brooklyn especially along the north brooklyn water front . 24/7 x1 service, i been told by by a well placed source it well cost 1miilion a year. x17 via x22 weeekday off peak .

oddly enouph most changes take place nex year after the the son to be probposed fear increace.

Route:

X27 / X17 New Stop

Proposed Investment:

http://www.mta.info/...investment.html

I read what it says, but the X17 also serves Staten Island, which is not listed anywhere... There are other errors on that chart BTW... For example, it says that the B2 serves Gravesend, which it doesn't... The announcement was also made on Senator Golden's website who represents that area. I'm going to write to him and he'll confirm this because he has NOTHING on his website about the X17 in the link below...

http://www.nysenate....ce-restorations

Route:

X27 / X17 New Stop

Proposed Investment:

http://www.mta.info/...investment.html

Here is what is says further down about the X17...

X17

• Provide Sunday service from Huguenot Ave to Midtown Manhattan

• Serves Huguenot, Annadale, Arden Hts, Bulls Head, New Springville

Weekend service addition

Oct 2012

• Extend route off-peak weekdays and evenings from Huguenot Ave to Tottenville via Rossville Ave, Bloomingdale Rd, Amboy Road/Hylan Blvd

• Serves Rossville, Woodrow, Tottenville

Service to new markets

Jan 2013

Notice the areas that it serves and it says nothing about Bay Ridge. I've saw blunders like this before and they do repeat errors...

Here is what is says further down about the X17...

X17

• Provide Sunday service from Huguenot Ave to Midtown Manhattan

• Serves Huguenot, Annadale, Arden Hts, Bulls Head, New Springville

Weekend service addition

Oct 2012

• Extend route off-peak weekdays and evenings from Huguenot Ave to Tottenville via Rossville Ave, Bloomingdale Rd, Amboy Road/Hylan Blvd

• Serves Rossville, Woodrow, Tottenville

Service to new markets

Jan 2013

Notice the areas that it serves and it says nothing about Bay Ridge. I've saw blunders like this before and they do repeat errors...

I think they might've been doing it borough by borough by adding the x17 to the Brooklyn side for that added stop. The best thing we can do...and I'm getting tired of saying this...is to wait and see!!

I think they might've been doing it borough by borough by adding the x17 to the Brooklyn side for that added stop. The best thing we can do...and I'm getting tired of saying this...is to wait and see!!

Well I'm going to find out for sure from Senator Golden's office. Joan will let me know the deal.

the most intresting thing are thr new routes in brooklyn especially along the north brooklyn water front . 24/7 x1 service, i been told by by a well placed source it well cost 1miilion a year. x17 via x22 weeekday off peak .

oddly enouph most changes take place nex year after the the son to be probposed fear increace.

From the looks of things, these are little dinky routes.... I was expecting something more; ah well....

Anyway, Yep, although I didn't think they would go ahead with wanting to create a waterfront route b/w wms'burg & greenpoint so soon, I guess they're testing out the market early, rather than waiting for all those new bldg's to be propped up.... Gotta give Cotb16 props on that one.....

ENY-spring creek route is a headscratcher to me.... How are they gonna pull this off w/o creating a redundant route?

A downtown, DUMBO, navy yard route sounds like one big fail to me, on the surface.....

Okay, here's the deal with the X17 stopping in Bay Ridge... Instead of having the X28 restored on weekends, there are talks about having the X17 run instead and stop there. I have been told from my source that this has not been finalized yet, so I should know for sure by early next week, but I have responded to my source letting them know that we hope the X28 can be fully restored or as a compromise have the X28 run with reduced frequencies.

Archived