The MTA heading your way with good news!

Shortline Bus

Yeah because you refuse to answer a simple question, which I'll ask yet again... What is the legitimate gripe that Princelex has according to you?? You would think I was asking something that was impossible to answer. I mean seriously it's a legitimate question. If you're going to agree with someone, have the decency to explain why.

...and there's a reason why I'm not answering that "simple question".... For starters, it's not one you initially asked me.... The gall you have to tell me about decency - when right in from the jump, you came at me with an agenda laced bias with nothing to substantiate it whatsoever.... I must be showing favoritism since I agreed w/ someone with a complaint about co-op city local bus service......

So damn that.... You are not gonna accuse me of acting on a double standard first, & then expect me to answer any "simple questions" you have afterwards...

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...and there's a reason why I'm not answering that "simple question".... For starters, it's not one you initially asked me.... The gall you have to tell me about decency - when right in from the jump, you came at me with an agenda laced bias with nothing to substantiate it whatsoever.... I must be showing favoritism since I agreed w/ someone with a complaint about co-op city local bus service......

So damn that.... You are not gonna accuse me of acting on a double standard first, & then expect me to answer any questions you have afterwards...

Yeah I accused you because you still haven't answered "the question" or any of them for that matter. If it weren't true, you wouldn't be so defensive about it... :D

The B44 isn't local bus service? News to me.

If you read my quote, I stated that parts of Sheepshead Bay has no local bus service. The B44 doesn't cover all of those parts that the B4 served, which resulted in folks literally being stranded.

Yes we can and yes we will.

For my Bx6/6A proposal, I changed it up a bit. The Bx6A would run between Barretto Point Park and Riverside Drive evenings and weekends only. Rush hours and middays, it would be cut back to Yankee Stadium since headways for each route suffice (7 mins during the rush and 10 mins during middays).

M9 Route Changes:

• Extend route from 23rd Street to 29th St via 1st/2nd Aves
  • Serves Kips Bay
  • Extend route from Park Row to Battery Park City via Warren/Murray Sts and West St
  • Serves East Village, Lower East Side, Chinatown, Battery Park City

So I guess the new M9 will look a little something like this? It doesn't make any mention on what the southern terminal will be, so that part may be wrong.

M9 Route Changes:

• Serves Kips Bay

• Extend route from Park Row to Battery Park City via Warren/Murray Sts and West St

So I guess the new M9 will look a little something like this? It doesn't make any mention on what the southern terminal will be, so that part may be wrong.

That looks good...

M9 Route Changes:

• Serves Kips Bay

I agree with Threxx, I like this!

If it's going to go where you have it go, it might as well extend to South Ferry.

M9 Route Changes:

• Serves Kips Bay

It's basically going back to its pre-9/11 routing using Warren & Murray streets to get to Battery Park City. The terminus on that side SHOULD be along South End Avenue between Albany & Liberty Streets which is where it used to terminate.

I'm sooooooooo glad this thread is back open. One of the people here said that the people here in Co-op City were not angry with the cuts here. I can tell you that there was a Town Hall type of rally or meeting Wednesday night about trying to get the Bx26 & Bx28 back to all the sections of Co-op City and Assemblyman Michael Benedetto was one of the major people who was supposed to attend. I had prior commitments that I had already scheduled that prevented me from attending but knowing that this area is FINALLY trying to do something to get our pre-2010 service back made me feel good. I hope and pray that the efforts will pay off in time.

What's wrong with just bringing back the Bx25, have it serve 4-5, and have the Bx26 and 38 serve 1-2-3-4 and terminate at Bay Plaza? The current set up is fine. Being that section 5 is the largest, why should they have to go through the rest to Co-Op City. Because the other sections are so small, I can't accept the same argument for those. That's my two cents on the matter.

What's wrong with just bringing back the Bx25, have it serve 4-5, and have the Bx26 and 38 serve 1-2-3-4 and terminate at Bay Plaza? The current set up is fine. Being that section 5 is the largest, why should they have to go through the rest to Co-Op City. Because the other sections are so small, I can't accept the same argument for those. That's my two cents on the matter.

Do you live here to know if this works or not? As a resident of Co-op City, the current set up is not fine at all. As I had said about the Bx38 several pages back, the Bx38 wouldn't be bad if you didn't have to wait 15-20 minutes for one to come. That's not acceptable whether a bus cut happened or not. The Bx25 was ok for the areas that it served and it if came back then great, as long as the Bx26 went everywhere else. And I don't care how large one section of the area is, there shouldn't be any kind of segregation where bus service is concerned, especially when it wasn't like that before. No one seemed to argue about it when the Bx26 and Bx28 went everywhere and people still got to where they were going. As said before, Section 5 already gets bus service that the other sections don't have, how much more do you want this section to get while screwing over the others? Look, this is not supposed to be a Section 5 vs Section 1-4 thing, it's about having proper bus service for EVERYONE. Period.

Do you live here to know if this works or not? As a resident of Co-op City, the current set up is not fine at all. As I had said about the Bx38 several pages back, the Bx38 wouldn't be bad if you didn't have to wait 15-20 minutes for one to come. That's not acceptable whether a bus cut happened or not. The Bx25 was ok for the areas that it served and it if came back then great, as long as the Bx26 went everywhere else. And I don't care how large one section of the area is, there shouldn't be any kind of segregation where bus service is concerned, especially when it wasn't like that before. No one seemed to argue about it when the Bx26 and Bx28 went everywhere and people still got to where they were going. As said before, Section 5 already gets bus service that the other sections don't have, how much more do you want this section to get while screwing over the others? Look, this is not supposed to be a Section 5 vs Section 1-4 thing, it's about having proper bus service for EVERYONE. Period.

Well what's wrong with increasing service on the Bx38? I see nothing wrong with my proposal. It can still provide proper service for everyone, if service on the rerouted Bx26 and Bx38 was high enough Why must you ride through all 5 sections to get where you are going?? That's not fair to them, and you know that some people couldn't have been happy with that.

Well what's wrong with increasing service on the Bx38? I see nothing wrong with my proposal. It can still provide proper service for everyone, if service on the rerouted Bx26 and Bx38 was high enough Why must you ride through all 5 sections to get where you are going?? That's not fair to them, and you know that some people couldn't have been happy with that.

Bit of advice Threxx (not a dis something useful)! While it's ok to have proposals a proper mass transit executive besides the (MTA) lol, would seriously listen carefully to what their customers/passngers want? Then compromise to their needs/requests and your ideas to create the bus service for a neighborhood or route. Too bad the NY (MTA) does not do that tool that often.

Thus try to be more openminded Threxx to Princelex. He is a subway conductor and lives in the COOP City area.

I quicker listen to him as resident than anyone else.

Because that was how it was set up before June 2010. If someone in Section 5 didn't like it, then that's on them and they could freely move out as they freely moved in or they could buy a car. What more do you want me to say and why do you care about that section so much?

As for the Bx38, I have nothing against your proposal, but what we had worked much better than what we have now. If the (MTA) can make it worthwhile to keep the Bx38 (better headways), I won't complain anymore but I hate that when it's 11:00pm, I have to try and figure out if the Bx28 is going to my section or not. It's ridiculous and that is another reason why I loathe the Bx38.

This is a clear-cut case of not knowing the service and the areas being spoken about. Do not argue with someone who lives directly in the area...

Because that was how it was set up before June 2010. If someone in Section 5 didn't like it, then that's on them and they could freely move out as they freely moved in. What more do you want me to say and why do you care about that section so much?

As for the Bx38, I have nothing against your proposal, but what we had worked much better than what we have now. If the (MTA) can make it worthwhile to keep the Bx38 (better headways), I won't complain anymore but I hate that when it's 11:00pm, I have to try and figure out if the Bx28 is going to my section or not. It's ridiculous and that is another reason why I loathe the Bx38.

I agree that the way things are is bad, but I don't think anyone should have to take that indirect of a trip...

Archived