S79 SBS bus discussion thread

Amtrak7

I got a brochure. It says the service increases on the S59/78 will mostly be in the early morning and evening hours.

The stops seem to be updated for the S79 (they took the S79 sign off the local stops).

Also, it's stupid the way they have the stops in Eltingville. They have the S89 stopping at Hylan, Koch, SIR station, Katan, and ETC, and the S79 stopping at Hylan, SIR station, Genesee, and ETC. They should be having them make the same exact stops in that area. At the very least, they should move the Genesee stop over to Katan Avenue. You have one limited stopping at one stop, and the other limited stopping at the next stop. If somebody wanted to give themselves the maximum number of options, they'd have to wait in the middle and run back and forth between stops.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, it's stupid the way they have the stops in Eltingville. They have the S89 stopping at Hylan, Koch, SIR station, Katan, and ETC, and the S79 stopping at Hylan, SIR station, Genesee, and ETC. They should be having them make the same exact stops in that area. At the very least, they should move the Genesee stop over to Katan Avenue. You have one limited stopping at one stop, and the other limited stopping at the next stop. If somebody wanted to give themselves the maximum number of options, they'd have to wait in the middle and run back and forth between stops.

At least, at the SIR Eltingivlle and ETC you have them making the same stops, but you're right, the S79 SBS and S89 should be making the same stops.

im seeing alot of s79 buses with the blue lights flashing in front!! looks hot!! and the sbs stops have the sbs box on the bus stop pole...are they gonna run those 3 buses in the sbs wrap? or wait till sept 1?

Just like the way the M15 SBS started, they'll wrap buses before SBS and use them in service for the time being.

Well in other news It looks like the MJQ NGs may head to Staten Island for the SBS,

as here you can see 3803 turning across turning across Richmond ave onto Yukon

IMG_0135.jpg

see i knew it pple talking about thats not gonna happen...cause quill is getting there lfsas for the m34sbs so why not give yukon some...plus they are ngs and came from s.i

the bus stop signs now have the new pretty blue s79 si mall in sbs colors in broooklyn and the stops in s.i..4245 was seen today wrapped with the blue lights flashing...theres announcements about s79sbs in buses...the fare machines at 86st are being built...and theres a wholleee lot of Orion Vs on the S79...

the bus stop signs now have the new pretty blue s79 si mall in sbs colors in broooklyn and the stops in s.i..4245 was seen today wrapped with the blue lights flashing...theres announcements about s79sbs in buses...the fare machines at 86st are being built...and theres a wholleee lot of Orion Vs on the S79...

its around the corner and take good looks those orions wont be on the S79 anymore come sunday unless they have no choice but to run one.

BTW, the new S59 & S78 schedules are out. For the S78, it looks like they added a few short-turns (St. George-Richmond Avenue) later in the evening on weekends. For the S59, there were basically no changes except for some short-turns (SI Mall-Hylan Blvd) in the early-morning hours. Hmmm, for $300,000, you'd think they'd add more service.

The new S78 and S59 are now posted on the mta website! http://mta.info/nyct...ten/s059cur.pdf http://mta.info/nyct...ten/s078cur.pdf Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should read before you post because Checkmatechamp13 posted it before you did.

BTW, the new S59 & S78 schedules are out. For the S78, it looks like they added a few short-turns (St. George-Richmond Avenue) later in the evening on weekends. For the S59, there were basically no changes except for some short-turns (SI Mall-Hylan Blvd) in the early-morning hours. Hmmm, for $300,000, you'd think they'd add more service.

The S79 will continue to have on-board fare collection, sure those are fare collection machines you saw?

Yeey! SBS is here! Ill be using yhe bus lanes on the S78 enjoying the high frequency and watching emPty 79s passing me. S78 used to be faster,,,, hmmmm.....

BTW- S48 is the only SI route slower than M15 select. Bx12 is slower than every SI bus rt. Even being SBS

A Post

Archived