Do you hate when....

alekr

The back door of the bus closes everytime a passenger lets go the door slamming in front of your face. I hate when that happens and I think everybody should be patient just hold for a second so the other person can go out and hold the door.

I saw a old lady trying to use the back door but this rude passenger in front of her didn't hold the door slamming it and I felt bad for her.

I've seen the reverse of that situation (the elderly letting doors slam in a younger person's face)

Is it that hard to even just lean on the door, or just not let it close in their face? That is just rude....

How about this? On a packed bus when people lean against the rear door and push it open which makes the bus come to a screeching halt and everyone standing almost trips.

That usually happens on the low-floor buses, but I have my rear-door mirror setup so I can see who's close to those back doors, and I'll get on the PA and ask them to move away. The RTS' too -- if you're in that stairwell, I'll ask you to step up, and if they refuse, I shut the bus off... I'm not gonna risk some idiot that'll accidentally knock the back doors more than 4 inches open, and engages the interlock, thus causing an potential onboard. Nah man...

I think the rudeness only happens on select local buses. Now and days I just use the local buses in Manhattan (usually the Madison/5th Avenue lines from Midtown to the East Village/Chelsea area) and the folks are usually much more civilized and have manners...

I'm just gonna remind you it's my home line M2 that still has the distinct honor of being the only bus I've seen a woman take a dump on and then leave. Manhattan buses tend to be pretty clean since so much money gets poured into the borough, but you can't categorize the riders. Queens is still the only borough that people make a line for the bus, and I'm sure you wouldn't step foot on many Queens routes.

I never hold the back door for people, women think you're trying to get with them if you do that and guys think you're trying to create small talk.

The hell with holding the door for people.

Lol, you never held it a little bit? I don't mean stopping and standing but you can at least hold it a bit for the person behind you. I was on the Q32 and these people didn't hold the door on an older O5, ended up slamming in the face of an old man with a cane. Luckily everybody got up to help him up and hold the door, but you never know who's behind you getting off.

More like don't you hate it when someone is standing next to the back door and all you hear is PLEASE STEP AWAY FROM THE DOOR for as long as they are on the bus.....I yelled yesterday.....HOW MANY TIMES DO WE NEED TO HEAR THAT??????

I'm just gonna remind you it's my home line M2 that still has the distinct honor of being the only bus I've seen a woman take a dump on and then leave. Manhattan buses tend to be pretty clean since so much money gets poured into the borough, but you can't categorize the riders. Queens is still the only borough that people make a line for the bus, and I'm sure you wouldn't step foot on many Queens routes.

lol... That was an isolated incident. I mean really, you've got all kinds of nut jobs in the city so that is to be expected...

People line for the bus in Manhattan, mainly for routes like the M14.

People line for the bus in Manhattan, mainly for routes like the M14.

Are we riding the same M14? I've been riding the M14A, C, and D my whole life from East Side to West and never once have I seen a line for that bus. Maybe a clump of people, but nobody has ever formed a line. You look at say the Q60, it's a single-file line of riders waiting for the bus.

Yes, I do, but I also hate it when people take their time sweet time boarding off after me (4-5 seconds-unless it's an elderly person). I'm not going hold the damn door for your sluggish ass that long & be partially responsible for holding up the bus. This has happened to me twice & those that it happened to had the gall to b**** about it while it's their fault for the door slamming in their face. SMFH.

More like don't you hate it when someone is standing next to the back door and all you hear is PLEASE STEP AWAY FROM THE DOOR for as long as they are on the bus.....I yelled yesterday.....HOW MANY TIMES DO WE NEED TO HEAR THAT??????

LOL. I remember my friend saying that the door must be possessed or something. :ph34r:

Lmfao. Sometimes I wish I could do that, but then people would stare and create a awkward situation :lol:

Are we riding the same M14? I've been riding the M14A, C, and D my whole life from East Side to West and never once have I seen a line for that bus. Maybe a clump of people, but nobody has ever formed a line. You look at say the Q60, it's a single-file line of riders waiting for the bus.

Oh yeah, there are clumps. Sorry. Manhattan is treated too good!

Reminds me of this time, I waited an hour for the M2, (I barely missed the last bus before night frequencies kicked in, not to mention it was absolutely freezing) but anyways there was this homeless guy on the bus, and he just smelled god awful. It smelled like someone put feces in a hand dyrer, then made the hand dryer run continuisly. (Yes, I know what that smells like. Someone did it at school.) It was so bad, the B/O had to kick him off the bus.

There's no line except in Flushing when boarding NYCT/MTA/NICE buses.

Archived