Which subway routes you feel are neglected?

RollOver

They really need to fix up those Express tracks in Sea Beach. And the ones out in Rockaway too.

Only one's getting rehabed (About 95% done right now judging by all signals and tracks being in place). They had talks about rehabing track E3, but they said it's not worth it as there are no plans for an express setup like the one on Brighton. It's going to look more like the west end or culver line but in an opencut setting, with track E3 just sitting and rotting there. I'm not certain if they are going to remove or cover track E3 with ballast in the long run, but I think they will just let it rot.

Only one's getting rehabed (About 95% done right now judging by all signals and tracks being in place). They had talks about rehabing track E3, but they said it's not worth it as there are no plans for an express setup like the one on Brighton. It's going to look more like the west end or culver line but in an opencut setting, with track E3 just sitting and rotting there. I'm not certain if they are going to remove or cover track E3 with ballast in the long run, but I think they will just let it rot.

Sounds like a plan. You never know, we might see some peak service down there soon.

I think they should fix up the Rockaway bypass tracks (A) for race-days. If JFK was an Express stop this would work out so well. But those tracks are in horrible condition.

E4 is gonna be basically for trains to/from the yard and in case of emergencies. Its being resignaled to be bidirectional.

There's no hope for E3...at least north of Kings Hwy anyway

But again they could sell the scrap rail for money (if scrappers buy the materials)

The (G) and the (5). Second rate service outside of weekdays.

If the MTA had their way they would only run weekdays. The (5) has seemingly replaced the (C) in that department.

You have to remember that the (5) runs on the Lex line with the (4), so I think they want as few (5) trains running as possible. Their attitude is to serve Manhattan and not the Bronx or Brooklyn (outerboroughs), hence all of the short turned trains, etc.

lol... Let's see... Fewer cars on that line than others and oh... How do you wait 25 minutes for (G) train on a Saturday afternoon in Greenpoint??

Ain't no way in hell the headway is 25 minutes on a Saturday afternoon. Something probably happened up/down the road to make them delayed

lol... Let's see... Fewer cars on that line than others and oh... How do you wait 25 minutes for (G) train on a Saturday afternoon in Greenpoint??

The (G) wait is every 10 minutes, and ridership isn't high enough for full trains as yet.

Archived