MTA New York City Bus & MTA Bus Company Pending Bus Contracts

Chargerdodge9

A lot has changed, and the updates will be posed this morning in the fleet and depots thread. The order is not supposed to be placed until after 4899 has been delivered. As I stated a couple weeks a go, much had changed all across the board, and the updates had yet to be posted. Options have been exercised on 2 different contracts to increase the order of CNG buses, artic plans have shifted, and the future 40 foot bus order is evolving as well.

The order will be reduced to 600 buses, with 90 bus going to "Company X" for an agreement that has been reached between this undisclosed manufacturer and the MTA. Oh Boy! It's a little warm for December! What on Earth is going on now? B-)

Company X... so I suppose the 90 buses are NBQP and this will be a new manufacturer?

Let it be MTS... if it's Designcrap or CRAPI I am gonna flip. Guys it's not gonna be Gillig, we've been over this, a Gillig bus will not make it on the streets of NY.

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Company X... so I suppose the 90 buses are NBQP and this will be a new manufacturer?

Let it be MTS... if it's Designcrap or CRAPI I am gonna flip. Guys it's not gonna be Gillig, we've been over this, a Gillig bus will not make it on the streets of NY.

Thats not the problem with GILLIG, its just they will not make a bus to MTA specs. When Gillig makes a bus they make it to their general specs.

Thats not the problem with GILLIG, its just they will not make a bus to MTA specs. When Gillig makes a bus they make it to their general specs.

Actually I heard they are not interested in the MTA at all. They have other TAs else where that really eliminates the chances of Gillig going to MTA. Same with NABI. They generally go for smaller and medium sized TAs like BCT, Tri-Met, and UTA to name a few. They are also most likely to win low bidders too.

Recently Gillig buses have been seen in cities that have never had Gilligs before like D-Dot and Miami for example. As for whether MTA will get Gilligs or NABIs or both only time will tell, but pay close attention to this everyone on the bottom. Since Gillig is now owned by the Henry Crown Company out in Chicago anything can happen.

124vash.jpg

Based on that agenda, the MTA may at some point by buses from elsewhere. Could that mean that they might buy foreign bus models? Who knows, but if they do, it won't be the first time (Designline). I mean, with TMC, Flexible, and Neoplan all out of the market, and now Orion going, there are only so many bus builders that the MTA can choose from:

- New Flyer

- Novabus

-MCI

-Prevost

-MTS

-Designline (I have a feelling they will return eventually)?

-NABI (Assuming they don't go out of business down the road)?

Gillig?

Van Hool?

Who else is there?

Based on that agenda, the MTA may at some point by buses from elsewhere. Could that mean that they might buy foreign bus models? Who knows, but if they do, it won't be the first time (Designline). I mean, with TMC, Flexible, and Neoplan all out of the market, and now Orion going, there are only so many bus builders that the MTA can choose from:

- New Flyer

- Novabus

-MCI

-Prevost

-MTS

-Designline (I have a feelling they will return eventually)?

-NABI (Assuming they don't go out of business down the road)?

Gillig?

Van Hool?

Who else is there?

El Dorado National

Thomas Built Buses

BlueBird

That's all I can name off the top of my head.

That would be wrong since MTA Bus is not getting a piece of this order.

Good riddance...for now.

Now if only MTS would get their act straight....

True, they are suppose to get 34 (or was it 44?) buses off a different contract.

34 buses off a different contract.

Archived