MTA New York City Bus & MTA Bus Company Pending Bus Contracts

Chargerdodge9

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kinda want more XD40s. Their more comfortable and roomy on the interior. And the exterior design attracts riders. Also its a very fast bus and the sunroof is a plus! :P And i really like the design above the STOP REQUESTED sign. The slanted curve towards the ceiling. Only problem with the Xcelsiors so far are the electrical problems but those can be fixed within the coming months/years for New Flyer.

I kinda want more XD40s. Their more comfortable and roomy on the interior. And the exterior design attracts riders. Also its a very fast bus and the sunroof is a plus! :P And i really like the design above the STOP REQUESTED sign. The slanted curve towards the ceiling. Only problem with the Xcelsiors so far are the electrical problems but those can be fixed within the coming months/years for New Flyer.

Good enough, any other takers!

I thought it was this month.

A lot has changed, and the updates will be posed this morning in the fleet and depots thread. The order is not supposed to be placed until after 4899 has been delivered. As I stated a couple weeks a go, much had changed all across the board, and the updates had yet to be posted. Options have been exercised on 2 different contracts to increase the order of CNG buses, artic plans have shifted, and the future 40 foot bus order is evolving as well.

The order will be reduced to 600 buses, with 90 bus going to "Company X" for an agreement that has been reached between this undisclosed manufacturer and the MTA. Oh Boy! It's a little warm for December! What on Earth is going on now? B-)

Ok Question: Who's on TEAM NEUTRAL?

All I deal with by my house is CNG buses so throw my name in team neutral

The order will be reduced to 600 buses, with 90 bus going to "Company X" for an agreement that has been reached between this undisclosed manufacturer and the MTA. Oh Boy! It's a little warm for December! What on Earth is going on now? B-)

*cough* Gillig lmao *cough cough*

A lot has changed, and the updates will be posed this morning in the fleet and depots thread. The order is not supposed to be placed until after 4899 has been delivered. As I stated a couple weeks a go, much had changed all across the board, and the updates had yet to be posted. Options have been exercised on 2 different contracts to increase the order of CNG buses, artic plans have shifted, and the future 40 foot bus order is evolving as well.

Company X? You mean MTA bus?

I don't want to go over the deep end to early... but if I see one Gillig in NYC... <_<

I miss Orion. I wish this was an order for the Orion 8. It seems choices for buses are so limited these days. :(

I don't want to go over the deep end to early... but if I see one Gillig in NYC... <_<

Even if the MTA did go to Gillig you will not be able to do anything about it. Same story if they go to NABI. Also looking at who owns Gillig it's only a matter of when rather then if Gillig decides to go to the MTA. First though they would have to get qualified.

Even if the MTA did go to Gillig you will not be able to do anything about it. Same story if they go to NABI. Also looking at who owns Gillig it's only a matter of when rather then if Gillig decides to go to the MTA. First though they would have to get qualified.

I have a feeling that by 2020, we could have NABIs in our fleet. The MTA is bound to get tired of the LFS's and XD40s eventually.

In terms of buses going, I see it in this order :

-1997-1998 Novabus RTS's #9350-9699

-1996 Novabus RTS's (remaining units)

-1998-1999 Orion V diesels #6000-6349 (worst 150 units would be retired).

Everyone else would stay (for now).

Actually, it could be more because BP will be getting artics along with M34 +SBS+.

Archived