The Schoolcar Experience

mediccjh

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Comrade96 said:

I mean I got the pdf version of it, Im assuming I need that on me at all times?

No they should have given u the physical blue book. That pdf version is good to have but it isn't a replacement for the book, especially in school car u still gotta carry it.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want to say this here but i will..

Listen Folks some of the new people aren't taking this job serious and they are finding themselves on the unemployment Line..

LOTS of operational incidents and some of them think "Oh im new they let me slide"...

NO they WONT...

If there something wrong with the train you don't feel right call it in let them figure it out we aren't RCIs here..

Please don't think "I'm a TO now i can adjust" next thing you know there's a incident and you'll say "There was something not right" They'll  just say "You should have called it in"..

Make sure as a TO you are aware of the proper stop car marker for the Line you are operating on especially with trains that have enablers(There's been incidents of TO overrunning or stopping short Doors being opened) there's a good chance some of ya'll are going to be working with fresh out of Schoolcar CRs so look out for each other, You are a team...

Edited by RTOMan

To add what RTO man said.

do not guess. If you are not 110% sure, ask. There is no such thing as a stupid question. Even if it seems obvious, be sure about what you’re doing.

as I mentioned, in another thread on this site, I was partnered with another XX, who was out less than I had been. He made a critical mistake and now his job is on the line.

because he wasn’t sure and he did not take all the steps.

Personal example, when I am given a skip order on the radio, I repeat it back to the person on the other end to ensure I have it exactly right.

My partner did radio in for an answer to his question, but he didn’t double check and his route knowledge was poor, another thing everyone should really have down pat, which caused him to run a red signal.

seriously, know where you are going.

also, try to help each other out as best you can.

I was in the middle of my door operations the other day, tower calls our train and my partner did not answer them. They are calling multiple times and he does nothing, waiting for me to talk to them even though I’m in the middle of closing down. 

work with each other. There is a reason we call each other “partner”. It’s because we are. We’re a team, CR and TO. We need to be on the same page. 

On 10/9/2022 at 3:24 AM, Kamen Rider said:

To add what RTO man said.

do not guess. If you are not 110% sure, ask. There is no such thing as a stupid question. Even if it seems obvious, be sure about what you’re doing.

as I mentioned, in another thread on this site, I was partnered with another XX, who was out less than I had been. He made a critical mistake and now his job is on the line.

because he wasn’t sure and he did not take all the steps.

Personal example, when I am given a skip order on the radio, I repeat it back to the person on the other end to ensure I have it exactly right.

My partner did radio in for an answer to his question, but he didn’t double check and his route knowledge was poor, another thing everyone should really have down pat, which caused him to run a red signal.

seriously, know where you are going.

also, try to help each other out as best you can.

I was in the middle of my door operations the other day, tower calls our train and my partner did not answer them. They are calling multiple times and he does nothing, waiting for me to talk to them even though I’m in the middle of closing down. 

work with each other. There is a reason we call each other “partner”. It’s because we are. We’re a team, CR and TO. We need to be on the same page. 

That’s why I had the same C/R for 14 years and the previous one for 6 years. We were a team, a crew. Carry on. 

This is for those who might get jobs in the Queens Korridor..

CBTC dose not make the train move faster its a buff fantasy, it makes the train get as close as possible to the train in front...

If your train is in BYPASS yes check it don't worry about the Dispt Rushing you if the train comes in late its already Logged into ITRAC at the terminal (and no RCI tag is on it)  Please Put it in CBTC... The nonreporting trains eff up the railroad.

During Most Hours when the Echoes are going express from Kew Gardens Please Punch where you have to Punch, CTL Northbound or 75th ave Southbound for the Proper Line Up..

CTL is a definite punch location because in ATPM Mode if you do not the train will need a RM from RCC in order to get to the Homesignal to Punch which again ties up the railroad.

This is important because some new folks are punching incorrectly..

You are a Fox on D1 track at 75th ave Punch EXPRESS nothing Else unless the tower tells otherwise.

You are a Echo at CTL  on D4 track punch EXPRESS during the Hours it goes Express To Jamaica Van Wyck unless the tower tells you otherwise..

You are a Fox on D4  at CTL you Punch LOCAL ALL TIMES unless the tower tells you other wise.

Oh and BTW... Your hand held radio or your train radio (if it works) are ok to use by themselves but  please not at the same time..

Your fellow coworker's ears thank you...

Remember there  is never a stupid  question....

• 2 weeks later...

Sigh..

If your train goes BIE call It in Please....

Us as TOs shouldn't NOT put our Partners in a bad position to get on the radio and bang in something Us as TOs should be aware of...

DO not listen to these crew room lawyers on Facebook in these groups to or in the crew room to "Keep it moving" or "Work things out with your partner"..

No no no no....

Do i need to repeat myself?

On 11/1/2022 at 7:33 AM, RTOMan said:

Sigh..

If your train goes BIE call It in Please....

Us as TOs shouldn't NOT put our Partners in a bad position to get on the radio and bang in something Us as TOs should be aware of...

DO not listen to these crew room lawyers on Facebook in these groups to or in the crew room to "Keep it moving" or "Work things out with your partner"..

No no no no....

Do i need to repeat myself?

Obviously you need to.

Also, being a student does NOT excuse you from not doing the right thing. 

20 hours ago, mediccjh said:

Obviously you need to.

Also, being a student does NOT excuse you from not doing the right thing. 

Some of these folks are out here listening to these Crew Room Lawyers and it will just get them in more trouble...

While the Crew Room Lawyers will keep it moving...

• 2 weeks later...

A little over 10 years ago, I started this thread when I started Schoolcar. Look at where I am now, as well as my classmates. 

To those waiting, have patience. It will come. 

Don't be afraid to ask the questions. It may save your job one day. 

Happy Anniversary TA-18, TA-19, TB-28 and my class, TB-29.

Good job. 

18 hours ago, mediccjh said:

A little over 10 years ago, I started this thread when I started Schoolcar. Look at where I am now, as well as my classmates. 

To those waiting, have patience. It will come. 

Don't be afraid to ask the questions. It may save your job one day. 

Happy Anniversary TA-18, TA-19, TB-28 and my class, TB-29.

Good job. 

I remember talking to you meeting you at work then we met on this forum actually..

Congrats again on your new spot ill be paying you a visit once you settled in maybe ill bring a Dish of something i cooked...