New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess who got to ride 7278 today?

This guy. Pics coming soon.

Now it's review time.

I was very impressed with this bus. The seats felt better than the DesignLines and the ride was really smooth. I'm really feelin the overhead lights. They're a nice change from the older ones.

Edited by Transitkid4608

I saw that. I'm with the commuter.

Love how with the Portal Bridge and Meadowlands fires along with every other tunnel-related delay he still stands by his decision to scrap ARC. It's like I said in the AC thread, he doesn't care about his taxpayers.

Love how with the Portal Bridge and Meadowlands fires along with every other tunnel-related delay he still stands by his decision to scrap ARC. It's like I said in the AC thread, he doesn't care about his taxpayers.

Not connecting with Penn was a bad idea. Gateway sounds much better IMO.

I am not defending him. But 95 percent of NJ people don't go to NYC everyday to work. So he probably went with most of the voters who don't want to spend all that money on something they may never or rarely use.

I am not defending him. But 95 percent of NJ people don't go to NYC everyday to work. So he probably went with most of the voters who don't want to spend all that money on something they may never or rarely use.

People who want a stress free, short and less expensive commute to work should move back to the city. There's some nice areas to raise your family as well as good schools across the 5 boroughs, but sadly a good portion of the people who left for NJ did it because they are racist and afraid of their kids growing up with a diverse group of people (they'll even move to a different town/school district if theirs becomes too diverse). You leave for bumf*ck NJ thinking your kids will end up so much better, you pay the price with the high taxes, long commutes and high fares, and all that, don't complain about any of that stuff because it was your choice to move to there.

I'm not saying an effort shouldn't be made by these agencies (NJT, PA, etc) to give these people a decent commute by doing things like the Gateway tunnel and improving the PABT, but people really need to stop complaining. Even with the Gateway tunnel or a new PABT your commute will still be over an hour, there's still gonna be delays at the tunnel/station because of congestion and it's still likely gonna cost you over $300 a month.

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

First off you can't say that people move to NJ to keep their kids from growing up around "ethnic" people. People move out of NYC for Upstate NY,NJ and PA because you can get more bang for your buck housing wise. I don't know about you but I want my kids to have a yard and other things that I had when I grew up.

That being said....the majority of the folks realize what there commute is gonna be. The bitching is because they are constantly pushed onto mass transit and the system can't cope with the ridership. Somebody's bus hiccups its a 45 min delay in the bus lane. Its even worse on the trains.....and don't get me started we the buses get diverted to Secaucus Jct or Newark Penn! The folks have a legitimate beef. The PA is spending 90 million dollars on painting and making the Port tolerable while people wait. Why don't they spend that money fixing why the folks have to wait.

That is true. It doesn't matter whether you trade out Washington Heights or Bensonhurst for Freehold or Ridgewood, your kids are still gonna grow up around some sort of diversity.

I don't think they're pushed per se on to Mass Transit, I think they do it because they know that parking in the city is way more expensive than taking the bus or train, and they don't have the patience to put up with traffic in Manhattan.

Have a question regarding the DesignLines and incoming CNGs.

When all of the CTs come in you guys think Howell's gonna keep the DesignLines out on the weekends only? Or take them out on weekend and weekdays?

Nope, Designlines are only rush hour/tripper buses.

Oh, I guess they don't want them out on the weekends for some reason.

7278 is currently in service on the 139. Hopefully it'll be on the same trip on Friday, because that's when I'm planning on riding the 139 to NYC again.

Lol give it a snowballs chance that it will be on the same scheduled run.

It probably will. That's the trip it was on all last week. Only exception was last Friday which is why I'm hoping they'll take it out on that trip this coming Friday so I can find out what that thing is workin with on the Turnpike.

It's actually been on different runs since it started service. It's been on earlier and later trips on the 139.

It's actually been on different runs since it started service. It's been on earlier and later trips on the 139.

Yesterday they didn't even put it on the 139. They put it on the 64H.

EDIT: Yeah I see what you mean. I just saw it on MyBusNow heading into Port Authority.

How's this numbering sequence supposed to go? I thought it would be 7278-7400, but then I realized that leaves the other 36 buses out of the equation.

Edited by Transitkid4608

Yesterday they didn't even put it on the 139. They put it on the 64H.

EDIT: Yeah I see what you mean. I just saw it on MyBusNow heading into Port Authority.

How's this numbering sequence supposed to go? I thought it would be 7278-7400, but then I realized that leaves the other 36 buses out of the equation.

The buses replacing the DesignLine order will probably go along with that number sequence...7215-7277

• 2 weeks later...