New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

on the rail  I was in red bank and i was on the eastbound(north) and i notice a thick yellow stripe on the rail and track panel.  it located on the front end. I never saw this yellow stripe anywhere else.Does anyone know what they are for? if your not sure i will bring the pic on here. 

9047? Isn't that one of Meadowlands' buses?

I guess they needed someone to cover the 111 and he was the only one with nothing to do.

Speaking of Ironbound, is their garage okay for 45ft buses? Seeing as how we're getting all D4500CTs to replace the D4000s and Oradell has an issue with space for their buses, I'm wondering if Ironbound will be okay since they're an all D4000 garage.

Edited by Transitkid4608

Meadowlands and Howell help out on the 111 during the AM Rush. PMs sees the addition of Greenville helping. Sometimes other garages help too. A friend of mine at Fairview has gone to JG in the morning after his run....and Wayne has helped too.

Interestly enough Wayne helped on the 126 tonight with 7886. I'm sure the 126 will see all kinds of help until the PATH gets restored.

Meadowlands and Howell help out on the 111 during the AM Rush. PMs sees the addition of Greenville helping. Sometimes other garages help too. A friend of mine at Fairview has gone to JG in the morning after his run....and Wayne has helped too.

Interestly enough Wayne helped on the 126 tonight with 7886. I'm sure the 126 will see all kinds of help until the PATH gets restored.

Fairview has a different union, there allowed to help?

When a 409 breaks down in trenton or needs help newton has to send a diff driver. Hamilton is not allowed to help on the 409. Due to there union difference.

Market St. Oradell Hilton & surprisingly even Orange also helped last night on the 126. I rode on 1349 & 1338 was also on 126. I was able to get some pics.

Edited by jayden 973

Fairview has a different union, there allowed to help?

When a 409 breaks down in trenton or needs help newton has to send a diff driver. Hamilton is not allowed to help on the 409. Due to there union difference.

I thought Fairview was the only TWU depot in the state, the rest are ATU and either way they're allowed ro help out on each other's routes. Look at the 128, Fairview has Howell and Meadowlands helping out every day.

It's MTA Bus where things aren't so nice between ATU and TWU.

was in philly the other day and i noticed two things. Market Street East rail station got changed to Jefferson. Also i never expect anyone with stupidity idea of putting an ad on the bus ceiling(inside) by the wheelchair access.

one question for the drivers-- does 551 ever get an overload? every time i take this bus (every 6 months) i rarely see this bus get filled up to the max. 

Word is meadowlands is gona become a CNG MCI garage.

They'd have to build a CNG station there, and they'd have to be getting a lot of fed money for that cause if it wasn't for them there wouldn't even be new CNGs coming. The original plan was to retire the CNGs with more diesels until the feds gave funding to keep going with CNG.