New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roadeos aren't open to the public. At least not NYCT's.

While they were not officially public, regular folks have gone to them. I've been to the 2009 roadeo over here, the last one before they decided to nix them because of budget issues. They had a shuttle bus run between Kings Plaza and Floyd Bennett Field. Regular people also got on it.

Quite a few roadeos are unofficially open to the public as there were quite a lot of regular folk(outside of the families of the operators) out there for the BBQ and such for NYCT's roadeo. SEPTA and WMATA/Baltimore are also included in that small list of unofficial public roadeos. Most people outside of busfans don't know what the hell it is.

Edited by Cait Sith

Englewood residents in need of some more bus service to NYC apparently.

http://www.nj.com/bergen/index.ssf/2014/09/in_working-class_englewood_neighborhood_bus_riders_left_feeling_stranded.html#comments

Wonder if NJT plans on helping them out?

On a somewhat related note, I wonder if NJT will add some more "T" express trips on 166 during mid-day... 

NJ Transit's latest procurement updates, replacing all of the D4000s with 45 foot coach buses and to replace all of the single-level cars with multi-level cars. Also, MyTix to expand to buses.

http://www.app.com/story/news/traffic/2014/09/08/nj-transit-set-hire-second-command/15316249/

NJ Transit's latest procurement updates, replacing all of the D4000s with 45 foot coach buses and to replace all of the single-level cars with multi-level cars. Also, MyTix to expand to buses.

http://www.app.com/story/news/traffic/2014/09/08/nj-transit-set-hire-second-command/15316249/

I don't see anything related to what you said in the article....

I wonder if MCI could put Jakes on the new coaches? It sounds awesome on the D4000/D4500s when they rumble as they stop.

So it looks like NJT wants to go 100% Multilevel. Good.

I can't wait until MyTix works for the buses up North. I was getting sick of paying cash when I traveled South on the 139.

Considering that our option will be Cummins, it's likely that they'll get Cummins Jake Brakes, but we'll have to wait and see.

They finally put bus stop signs at GSP Exit 120 Park & Ride.

@553: Let's hope they start putting them in Port Authority. Then people will stop bitching about how NJT doesn't keep them informed.

I know this is kinda random but does anyone know why you barely hear the Ecomat in a Suburban NABI, but you can hear it clear as day in a 55-56XX Transit?

Edited by Transitkid4608

They finally put bus stop signs at GSP Exit 120 Park & Ride.

@553: Let's hope they start putting them in Port Authority. Then people will stop bitching about how NJT doesn't keep them informed.

I know this is kinda random but does anyone know why you barely hear the Ecomat in a Suburban NABI, but you can hear it clear as day in a 55-56XX Transit?

The larger more powerful CAT engine probably makes for a quieter tranny, but I can remember still hearing it nicely over the CAT.