New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys are never gonna believe this, though some of you already may know about it.

After looking at the PRR tunnel diagrams, I found out there's a shaft that goes down into the North River Rail Tunnels at the Weehawken Lot. That building is a more than a crew room, that's an emergency exit for the NRT. That's how they flooded. The storm surge came into Weehawken, poured water down the shaft, and flooded the center of the tunnels.

I never would've guessed that. I knew water got into those tunnels somehow, but I always thought it was from the West Side Yards' flood.

Anybody got any idea how the 165R routing works? The schedule says it runs Rt. 4 to Margaret St but how does it get to the Turnpike? Teaneck Rd? I don't think that is much faster than just getting on I-80 on Hudson St and running in that way.

Yes, it uses Teaneck Road between Rt. 4 and the Turnpike. It gets on by exit 70 near Glenpointe.

But no stops along Teaneck Road.

Thanks, always wanted to know how that worked, I could never figure that one worked. Must be aggrivating in the morning, quite sure the people who don't want to wait for the 7 try and flag down the 5.

today i saw a few single deck coaches hookup with two or three double deck coaches running on the amtrak express near metuchen to metro park. this was about 1145 am. the train was in direction to NYP

Also on Sunday the Del Air bridge was stuck for quiet awhile causing delays and cancelation.. I heard one passenger saying thank to Chris Christie meanwhile i read here that it would been CSX fault. I didn't say anything to that jack off

today i saw a few single deck coaches hookup with two or three double deck coaches running on the amtrak express near metuchen to metro park. this was about 1145 am. the train was in direction to NYP

Also on Sunday the Del Air bridge was stuck for quiet awhile causing delays and cancelation.. I heard one passenger saying thank to Chris Christie meanwhile i read here that it would been CSX fault. I didn't say anything to that jack off

Whenever somebody says that delays are NJ Transit's fault, I don't keep my mouth shut. I tell them blame the governor because the delays are his fault, he's the one who puts no money toward mass transit at all so there's no use blaming NJT.

Those cars were an equipment move. They were probably headed up to Sunnyside because they need them for a train that was short cars.

I think we also got 7781 & 7782 from you guys.

Those came from fairview.

We have 7783-84. On another note 7182 is freshly rebuilt and sitting at meadowlands waiting its return to egg harbor.

7401-7418 are some old suckers, came in 2001 first started at meadowlands. Egg harbor didnt get new mcis until the 7600s and 7700s; 7800-7801; 7531-41; 7781-7787; 7771-7777; 8280-8285. Dont remember exactly which set of the 7600s came first. Then there was a big bus shift when most of the mcis arrived.

Edited by 553 Bridgeton

I was talking about Egg Harbor first new mcis with those numbers mentioned. 7531-41 went to fairview after 7177-87 arrived then 7531-41 went to howell.

As for getting 7531-41 back, not happening. They dont want any 40fters at egg harbor, and that option for 10 electric hybrids will likely be taken with the lavs. Im not sure if anyone knows but the order for the hybrids may total up to 105 buses. 3500-3537 will be the first 37, then 3538-3548 with lavs.

Washington Twp will be getting a bunch of Howells 7400 and 8200 D4500s.

Lol we have to keep our buses up. Running 24hrs puts a toll on them, they are put through heavy maintenance daily.

7181 blew a turbo and within 2 days it was back in service, 7181 again bellows blew in the rear and the kneeler blew(happened all at once; what are the odds) and was back in service in 3 days. No problems since.

Edited by 553 Bridgeton

I was talking about Egg Harbor first new mcis with those numbers mentioned. 7531-41 went to fairview after 7177-87 arrived then 7531-41 went to howell.

As for getting 7531-41 back, not happening. They dont want any 40fters at egg harbor, and that option for 10 electric hybrids will likely be taken with the lavs. Im not sure if anyone knows but the order for the hybrids may total up to 105 buses. 3500-3537 will be the first 37, then 3538-3548 with lavs.

Lol we have to keep our buses up. Running 24hrs puts a toll on them, they are put through heavy maintenance daily.

7181 blew a turbo and within 2 days it was back in service, 7181 again bellows blew in the rear and the kneeler blew(happened all at once; what are the odds) and was back in service in 3 days. No problems since.

NJT had been starting orders with 01 like Nabi 5201 and 5501.

They run the dogshit outta that bus. I see that bus everyday on the 319.....I would love to know how many miles it has on it. EHG 7100s must have the highest miles of that fleet.

Damn I'm gonna miss those 7400s and 8200s. Those buses are the s**t. Well at least I'll still get to ride the D4000s before its time for them to go.

I always thought 7531-41 came from you guys because when DesignLine messed up, we got a majority of the D4000s from you guys & Washington Twp.