MTA Bus Operations: Repainted/Wrapped Buses

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

7649 is unwrapped from SBS service, with only a teal triangle for SBS all door entry. I have proof:

7649 in Unwrapped SBS scheme

Taken from inside King’s Plaza Level 3 of the Primark/JCPenny/Burlington complex part of the Mall.

Oh gosh !!!! I'm dying, my eyes about to pop, and my legs are shaking😨

29 minutes ago, WestFarms36 said:

You're lucky @B35 via Church did not reply to your reaction. 🤣

Well... Yet!!

----

If they end up repainting buses during overhauls, then I would expect 7001, 7005, 7040, 7051, 7081, and 7088 to have fresh coats since my understanding is that they're getting overhauled... [Someone correct me if i'm wrong]

52 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

Anyway, 7649 is still assigned to the B46 SBS even though its wearing the local scheme.

That is exactly the route I caught it on. That window in the mall where I took the picture overlooks the B46 SBS terminal area. I was there with my dad four hours ago and saw this bus pulling into Kings Plaza from that third floor window on the way up to Burlington from Primark (if you’ve been to Kings Plaza in recent months, the Primark/JCPenny/Burlington complex has windows near the escalators overlooking the terminal. That complex opened last summer). It took me by surprise. I also noticed a small teal triangle at the front of the bus near the wheel area, so yes, it is still assigned to SBS service.

7649 in Unwrapped SBS scheme

On 7/20/2019 at 12:38 AM, Calvin said:

On 7649, the unit was on a local route today, the B49. It may rotate from any FB routes and the B46-SBS

Could we see a trend with the Triangles moving forward ? Would give the garage a lot more flexible if those buses can go on all routes. For a garage like WF that could help a lot of the Artic issues not having the lower 10xx just for the SBS.

Edited by Nova Fly Guy