MTA Bus Operations: Repainted/Wrapped Buses

The TransitMan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

Soo ummm there is a OG that has got its #rechanged to #9790 its currently  on the B25 and it left  downtown bk I'm not sure what was the original # tho but it might be a 2007 or 06 unit pretty interesting 

Someone put the number upside down (6760).

Yep.

Only had one job to do...

1 hour ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

Soo ummm there is a OG that has got its #rechanged to #9790 its currently  on the B25 and it left  downtown bk I'm not sure what was the original # tho but it might be a 2007 or 06 unit pretty interesting 

It could have been 6790 and a prankster flipped over the 6. Especially since 6790 is doing a run on the B25 right this second.

Edited by Snorunts

It is 6790, but I think it was just an employee screw-up since those numbers are pretty inaccessible (top of rear bulkhead). Sort of like 5160 or 5166 out of JA (I forget which!) that got the wrong numbers somehow. Happens all the time of roofs of buses, actually. 

On 7/15/2019 at 9:31 PM, Orion6025 said:

Well... Yet!!

----

If they end up repainting buses during overhauls, then I would expect 7001, 7005, 7040, 7051, 7081, and 7088 to have fresh coats since my understanding is that they're getting overhauled... [Someone correct me if i'm wrong]

All of the overhauls are fresh paint for the white and the doors. The stripe is still vinyl. 

So I noticed that C40LF 202 was recently repainted, and it now sports “New York City Bus” labels. 
For some reason I feel like I also saw 194 repainted with the same label too but I’m not 100% sure. Does anyone know if 194 was recently repainted? 

I also noticed from CP other C40LF’s that got repainted like 216, 217, & 535 also have “New York City Bus” labels so is this a mistake or will MTA Buses all get that label in the future?

22 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

All of the overhauls are fresh paint for the white and the doors. The stripe is still vinyl. 

Which is still crazy to me, since it comes right off when the ads get removed. Some of the NGs have vinyl stripes by the looks of it, but some are getting real paint.

9 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

So I noticed that C40LF 202 was recently repainted, and it now sports “New York City Bus” labels. 
For some reason I feel like I also saw 194 repainted with the same label too but I’m not 100% sure. Does anyone know if 194 was recently repainted? 

I also noticed from CP other C40LF’s that got repainted like 216, 217, & 535 also have “New York City Bus” labels so is this a mistake or will MTA Buses all get that label in the future?

Normally that would be a mistake. Maybe it has to do with the whole CP and ENY combining?

7 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

For those of you keeping score, 1263 is still fully SBS wrapped. Might be the last one.

6 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

I just passed 1248 and 1273 also fully wrapped so that’s at least three.

There’s still a few 1200’s at MCH that are still wrapped in SBS