MTA BusTime Discussion

User

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm...an MTA van came around Union Turnpike today and put brand new Q46 schedules in those little plastic boxes on the polls, but the schedules do not have any bustime stop numbers or anything bustime related at all in them. I've seen that bustime routes genreally have schedules with the bustime info printed on them. 

Then again, I would not put it past the MTA to wate money reprinting new schedules in a month. Still, this seems like a bad sign,

Are the same guys who put in the schedules responsible for putting in new bus stops too? I saw a new bus stop on Tibbett and West 230th this morning I was on the express bus.  It's especially interesting because only (MTA) Bus express buses stop there so that could be a sign that any bus stops with just (MTA) Bus buses stopping there may get not only new schedules with the (MTA) Bus Time info, but new bus stops completely.  Long overdue, that's for sure.  For the NYCT bus stops, it's usually the DOT guys that put in the new bus stops.  Not sure about (MTA) Bus bus stops though...

I thought it was the DOT who put up all bus stops because they're on public streets. I've seen those DOT trucks that look like pickups before, throwing the poles and signs in the back. At least around here, the schedules are put up by guys in those MTA New York City Transit SUVs that look like Ford Escapes. I figure MTA Bus does the same.

Yeah I've seen those pickup trucks as well as the (MTA) SUV's.  You see here in Riverdale, most of the express bus stops (our express buses are run by (MTA) Bus) serve the local buses too which are run by NYCT, so since most of them are shared, the DOT will handle the stops and the NYCT will handle all of the schedules.  However, where only the BxM1, BxM2 and BxM18 stop, you will either see no bus stop sign or a very old one.  The new one that I saw this morning was only served by (MTA) Bus buses (BxM1, BxM2, and BxM18).   I imagine they'll eventually put up a timetable and destinations as well as it's just an empty bus pole at the moment.

Yeah the maps the Q17 still has the QBX1 on it and the Q56 still has some with the Q9A and are in horrible condition.

Makes our old signs look great... There's only two that I can think of... One at 230th and Broadway, which is a drop-off stop for the BxM1, BxM2 and BxM18 and a pick up at 246th and Henry Hudson Parkway West for the BxM1, BxM2 and BxM18.

Let's hope because bustime has been anticipated for a long time in both Brooklyn and Queens.

Now I can finally see where all those buses are at especially during rush hour because it's annoying waiting 20+ minutes for a route that is suppose to run every 4-5 minutes.

I thought the MTA said that BusTime was going to be city wide by the end of 2013?

That's what I'm saying there is no ad on the website.i go at least once a day on the BusTime website and type a Brooklyn route but it's never there,

I remember when bustime was live in manhattan advertisement went up only the same day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohh its #Facts.

Quote me on that...

Also, they made an announcement on the news saying "MTA Expands Bustime to Brooklyn and Queens" scrolling at the bottom. Don't know what thats about, but its very close.

Let's wait till they actually post something on the site or somewhere. The last time something was "factual" about Brooklyn/Queens BusTime going live, it didn't happen.

Again, let's wait and see....

Archived