NICE Summer Beach Service: N88 and Return of the N87

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are NICE buses governed if so I'm curious what speed they get up to on the parkways on the way to JB.

I remember the first time I rode NICE out of Nassau and the n16 I was on reached Charles Lindbergh Boulevard, the bus operator got to 45 MPH before having to slow down for the curve.  I know the Orion Vs can reach 45 too if they have enough room... but I think the (MTA) governors are still there.

Maybe it's just a limitation of the camera, because fast movement isn't really that well tracked by non-high framerate cameras.  Probably doing 30-35 on the streets, then 40 on the highway.  I know that the tires are only rated for 55 MPH anyway, so if NICE were to start something new with express buses or remove the governors...

Well Here's the original n87/n88 schedule (original copy) dated May 23,2009

8942516244_d99628202c_b.jpg

8942515750_a6b5cfa23e_b.jpg

8942514266_c8346b3a0c_b.jpg

8941896807_ae9524bbcb_b.jpg

8942515272_45781f0128_b.jpg

NICE confirms the n87 is all local stops (So Yuki, what that dispatcher told you or what you said is incorrect):

THE JONES BEACH WEEKEND REPORT!
The rain will clear tomorrow morning and we should experience a partly cloudy Saturday with highs in the upper 70's. Sunday will be even better with mostly sunny skies and highs again in the upper 70's.

So come on out to Jones Beach this weekend....remember the n87 makes LOCAL stops to/from Hicksville to Jones Beach along Newbridge Road, N. Jerusalem, and Wantagh Avenue. And "Fab Five" SQM Randy R. will be stationed in Freeport and Jones Beach on Saturday to make sure your ride on the n88 is a NICE one!

The weekends at Jones Beach are NICE!

NICE confirms the n87 is all local stops (So Yuki, what that dispatcher told you or what you said is incorrect):

THE JONES BEACH WEEKEND REPORT!

The rain will clear tomorrow morning and we should experience a partly cloudy Saturday with highs in the upper 70's. Sunday will be even better with mostly sunny skies and highs again in the upper 70's.

So come on out to Jones Beach this weekend....remember the n87 makes LOCAL stops to/from Hicksville to Jones Beach along Newbridge Road, N. Jerusalem, and Wantagh Avenue. And "Fab Five" SQM Randy R. will be stationed in Freeport and Jones Beach on Saturday to make sure your ride on the n88 is a NICE one!

The weekends at Jones Beach are NICE!

No it was B/O who did the first 9:20 n87 on Sunday.

When I took 11:20 n87 Hicksville bus #1865, around Newbridge Rd, Chinese lady boarded thinking it was n49.

When he got to Hicksville Station last stop, "LAST STOP."

Bus driver had to expalin her this was N87 and she didn't believe him. She just missed n49 because she thought n87 was n49.

There was elderly female lady at Wantagh Station and she thought it was n73, but she didn't mind the detour to another bus.

Honest to god I don't understand how or why a person would get on a bus without looking at the destination sign.

Meh, it's understandable if you're used to taking a certain bus at a certain time. Or if you`re running for a bus and don't have time to look at the sign.

Meh, it's understandable if you're used to taking a certain bus at a certain time. Or if you`re running for a bus and don't have time to look at the sign.

Sorry dude, don't agree.

Where's personal responsibility?

Archived