B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 1 wasn't too shabby. we drove around local streets in east new york. My supt seems like a really cool guy and knows his stuff. Had to over correct on a right turn today and was able to find my pivot point to avoid mounting a curb. I did get  a trolli for not looking over my shoulder when making a left turn though, but i learned my lesson. Everyone in my class had a decent day 1 too. looking forward to tomorrow  

In the 2 days i have driving i havent been trolly braked or mount a curve (did get extreamly close to this 1 car on day 1 lol). I feel real comfertable with the bus. I already done highway driving acute angle, S turns and servicing bus stops. I feel comfertable with the bus but i am a natural when it comes to driving. Im having morr of a hard time with pre trip to be honest

Day 2 was good, supt let most of the classes explore the bus by themselves  and study pre trip and alsaps  cause  they had a 2 hour zerega meeting lol.  Feeling prety comfortable with the bus, got trollied for getting to close to con ed truck but that was about it... my turns are ok.. not great but  no curbs so thats a plus.. and i have to rem to use push and pull through turns i tend to let old steering habits come into play when im concentrating following through turns 

Im having morr of a hard time with pre trip to be honest

Have you looked at the last two images of the handouts? That's the pre-trip checkoff list...

...cause  they had a 2 hour zerega meeting lol....

I wonder what that was about...

Edited by +Young+

hey everyone it seems that the list is moving pretty quick that's good we just need to be prepared.. QUICK QUESTION HAS ANYONE WITH A LIST NUMBER OVER 1000 RECEIVED PRE EMPLOYMENT LETTERS YET OR THEY STILL HAVENT STARTED SENDING LETTER  TO THOSE NUMBER YET? I SEE THAT GUYS IN THE 800'S ARE ALREADY GOING TO BEGIN THE TRAINING SO THATS WHY I ASK ANYONE HAS ANY INFO THEY CAN SHARE PLZ.. DID THEY SENT LETTERS TO THE LOW 1000'S ALREADY?

Edited by bonilla1987

hey everyone it seems that the list is moving pretty quick that's good we just need to be prepared.. QUICK QUESTION HAS ANYONE WITH A LIST NUMBER OVER 1000 RECEIVED PRE EMPLOYMENT LETTERS YET OR THEY STILL HAVENT STARTED SENDING LETTER  TO THOSE NUMBER YET? I SEE THAT GUYS IN THE 800'S ARE ALREADY GOING TO BEGIN THE TRAINING SO THATS WHY I ASK ANYONE HAS ANY INFO THEY CAN SHARE PLZ.. DID THEY SENT LETTERS TO THE LOW 1000'S ALREADY?

Hopefully soon. I restored my name more than a month ago (list number below 200) - Still haven't heard anything. If the TA queries the list from DCAS - maybe the next "block" of names will be called in 100/200/250/500 increment ( that is 25, 80, 111, 242, 393, 850, 851 etc.) for pre-employment.  What is your list number - use 10XX format to give you some form of anonymity. 

Please do not use Caps Lock...it's annoying and it appears as if you're screaming...thank you...

Simply send a letter. Instructions are provided on +1 212 699-1357 Option 2. The fax option did not appear to work for me.

i was on medical hold i went in to Livingston to clear it. then i call back the next business day. i got connected to a nice lady who does the hiring for 4600 that's when she told me that i need to go down to 1 center st to put my self back on the list. r u sure ur back on the list 161newyork? i would double check by calling Livingston a month seems long after u got reinstated since they still hiring.

i was on medical hold i went in to Livingston to clear it. then i call back the next business day. i got connected to a nice lady who does the hiring for 4600 that's when she told me that i need to go down to 1 center st to put my self back on the list. r u sure ur back on the list 161newyork? i would double check by calling Livingston a month seems long after u got reinstated since they still hiring.

Yes, I called DCAS - they explicitly said that I was "removed from the list" for the period. Then when I got a letter from DCAS, I called back and everything sounded ok. Keep in mind I was called back in the first round of letters for this list. Maybe TA worked with you if you cleared your medical hold quickly. If I see people getting letters and I do not get one, then I will be concerned and will follow-up.

Edited by 161NewYork

hey everyone it seems that the list is moving pretty quick that's good we just need to be prepared.. QUICK QUESTION HAS ANYONE WITH A LIST NUMBER OVER 1000 RECEIVED PRE EMPLOYMENT LETTERS YET OR THEY STILL HAVENT STARTED SENDING LETTER TO THOSE NUMBER YET? I SEE THAT GUYS IN THE 800'S ARE ALREADY GOING TO BEGIN THE TRAINING SO THATS WHY I ASK ANYONE HAS ANY INFO THEY CAN SHARE PLZ.. DID THEY SENT LETTERS TO THE LOW 1000'S ALREADY?

My list number is in the mid 1200's and haven't received anything yet. If there's anyone on this forum above list number 900, please post if or when you receive the pre employment letter. I'll be sure to do the same for people above my number.