General Camera/Photography Discussion

Who makes the camera that you shoot transit with?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who makes the camera that you shoot transit with?

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A suggestion if I may add, is perhaps to try and go to camera stores, like J&R on Park Row, 17th Street Photo, Adorama, B&H, etc etc to name a few.

Perhaps see what each store has to offer and maybe compare prices. And stores like those are glad to help you find what you're looking for. I usually do my camera and accessory shopping from J&R and most of the folks there are great, some know their stuff, and I usually find what I'm looking for.

Cant go wrong with J&R P. I buy my stuff from there but I also do buy somethings from B&H. J&R have some great ppl there.

I'm looking to buy a new SD/SDHC card for my T1i. I've tried shooting in 1080p and I can only record for about 18 seconds.

The card I currently have is:

Gigware

8 GB

Class 2

From my research, it looks like I need a Class 6 or 10. I think that I'm going to use this card for only video.

Thanks in advance!

I'm looking to buy a new SD/SDHC card for my T1i. I've tried shooting in 1080p and I can only record for about 18 seconds.

The card I currently have is:

Gigware

8 GB

Class 2

From my research, it looks like I need a Class 6 or 10. I think that I'm going to use this card for only video.

Thanks in advance!

SanDisk

8/16 GB

Class 4/6

Thanks. Any reason you didn't recommend a Class 10?

Class 10 is just a gimmick. I have a Class 2 SD card that operates at class 10 speeds. And besides, I don't think any camera can properly utilize the 10 in Class 10 anyway.

better off just buying a new one, they are really cheap and plug straight into your usb port

http://www.amazon.com/ELAGO-Speed-Memory-Reader-Writer/dp/B0028Y9BX8/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1295129652&sr=8-4

Thanks, but I still don't get what I need this for. I can just transfer images/videos from my camera to my computer via the cord the came with the camera.

Thanks, but I still don't get what I need this for. I can just transfer images/videos from my camera to my computer via the cord the came with the camera.

yeah you can still do that. THis is for if you have multiple cards. Its also a little faster and more convienent

• 2 weeks later...

I have been thru hell and back trying to get a good camera over the past years I have had some good and some bad due to my recent financial problems I actually ended up selling my camera for about 250 Bucks (big Mistake) but I kinda don't miss it due to the fact that it was a FujiFilm....I'm trying to eye a Different brand camera but I'm not too sure what to get I want something thats very detailed...get me good night pics of coarse HD Video and in my price range (150-300) I dont do small point and shoots either I gotta have something with class but I'm not too sure right now.....HELP!!! lol

For that price range expect to look at the "advanced" point-and-shoot cameras. They're usually in between point-and-shoots and DSLRs with manual settings, a smaller sensor and a lens you won't be able to change. For night/low light shots all you need is a slow shutter speed. I don't know if advanced point-and-shoots let you play around with aperture settings.

• 3 weeks later...

I just have 2 questions , I have a samsung tl220 hd camera touch screen , I use " Close Up Photography mode . What other modes should I use to make my pictures better ? " beauty shot mode , frame guide mode , night , portrait , children , landscape , text , sunset , dawn , backlight , fireworks , or beach & snow or auto smart mode , I'm trying to male my pictures come out better , what modes do you guys use ?