General Camera/Photography Discussion

Who makes the camera that you shoot transit with?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who makes the camera that you shoot transit with?

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good choice. The Nikon D3100 is aimed at beginners, too. The ISO performance is not as good as the D5100, but it's still pretty good nonetheless. Video quality is disappointing (as with most Nikon cameras) if you ask me, but your opinion on that could be different.

I have the D40, which is essentially an older version of the D3100. You will not be disappointed with the 3100.

My dad has the D70. Thanks!

Great, I will be waiting to see new photos from you.

They will be coming soon.

Good choice. The Nikon D3100 is aimed at beginners, too. The ISO performance is not as good as the D5100, but it's still pretty good nonetheless. Video quality is disappointing (as with most Nikon cameras) if you ask me, but your opinion on that could be different.

Really, the ISO is high enough for me. I know about video. I'm ok with not recording video right now.

What do lenses do exactly?

Zooming, taking pictures. All of that.

Manual, here I come!

EDIT: Why do they put these disks in here. All I need is the reference manual. I use the classic pop the SD card into the computer method. No cables necessary. It's faster too! Direct read and write. They gave me a free SD card, 8gb SanDisk Ultra.

Edited by jimmy7train

• 2 weeks later...

I highly recommend Canon for budget models [or typically Sub-$235] Point & Shoots since there is no frills and compromises in photo and video shooting, and you'll like the results. For advanced [super-zoom & such] Point & Shoots, it's debatable between Canon and Nikon, although I personally like the results of Canon better than Nikon. As for Pro Point & Shoots, DSLR and Semi-Pro Rage, it's also debatable, however I like Canon's quick access menu overall for fast and fluid shooting and getting the results I want rather than having to fiddle around and perhaps miss my shot with Nikon's often pointlessly complex menu system [although I am getting used to it].

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I currently use a Nikon L120, and I love it, however, I would recommend Canon based on experiences with an awesome camera I used off and on from 2009-2011. I want an SX40 but my budget won't allow that.

My second choice would be Nikon. Fujifilms can be lemons. Try to avoid Fujifilms if possible.

Edited by buswizard

• 2 months later...

I use a Nikon P500,bridge camera. I find it gives me the best of both worlds. it is 12.1 megapixels, and has a optical X36 zoom and full HD capability. The beauty of this camera is there is no need to carry extra lenses, etc. great for when you need to take pics in a hurry. I paid GBP£250.00 for it about 9 months ago. I think it may have been superseded by a newer model. It is worth a look.

When I am allowed to, I will post some pics on here.

• 1 year later...