Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Harry

More trains for All-Star game! MTA to boost LIRR, No. 7 train service for baseball spectacular

post-5097-0-15186200-1373460990_thumb.jpg
The MTA is getting into the All-Star spirit next week with extra train service to Citi Field, the Daily News has learned. Starting Sunday, trains on the Long Island Rail Road’s Port Washington branch will stop as often as every 30 minutes at the Mets-Willets Point Station. Additional trains will also be added as needed for All-Star events like the All-Star Futures Game, the All-Star Legends & Celebrity Softball Game on Sunday and the Home Run Derby on Monday, officials said. The extra service will continue through Tuesday, July 16. “

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-15186200-1373460990_thumb.jpg

Good thing first pitch for the All-Star game isn't until around 8:30-8:45 or so.  Even with that starting well past the end of the rush hour, those trains will be PACKED!

Good thing first pitch for the All-Star game isn't until around 8:30-8:45 or so.  Even with that starting well past the end of the rush hour, those trains will be PACKED!

Better to build a (J) extension to Citi Field before then, right? :D

• Upvote 4

I can only imagine how many out-of-towners will come up the steps at the LIRR Mets-Willets Point station and hand the conductor a MetroCard instead of a LIRR ticket.

Better to build a (J) extension to Citi Field before then, right? :D

Don't give him any ideas...

It says the TOMC is only running for the Softball game and the Futures game on sunday. I'm complaining. They run the Low-Vs during the rush for the yankees...

Edited by Kamen Rider
  • Upvote 2

the TOMC is doing 3 round trips on the 7 on Sunday, it will depart between 13:00-13:15 hours from times sq

Edited by R32 3838

I'm surprised it will be 11 cars given how it seemed getting the rest of the 'redbird' cars up and running seemed doubtful.

Edited by Grand Concourse

I'm surprised it will be 11 cars given how it seemed getting the rest of the 'redbird' cars up and running seemed doubtful.

We know how the (MTA) is when they want something done badly they will do it.  

Edited by R62AR33

If it's a full 11 car train, then there could be two options:

1. 3 R33 pairs, four museum SMEE cars (5760, 6239, 6609, 9306) plus a single unit WF R33 loaned from Corona

2. All four R33 pairs (8), plus three of the following:  5760, 6239, 6609 and/or 9306.

Given that the Corona R33/R36 fleet is not currently roadworthy for passenger service, the latter seems more likely.

Will they run it Tuesday before the All Star Game itself?

No since its running sunday

Edited by R62AR33

Will they run it Tuesday before the All Star Game itself?

If they are running it on sunday,then no,they aren't running it before the All Star Game.

If it's a full 11 car train, then there could be two options:

1. 3 R33 pairs, four museum SMEE cars (5760, 6239, 6609, 9306) plus a single unit WF R33 loaned from Corona

2. All four R33 pairs (8), plus three of the following:  5760, 6239, 6609 and/or 9306.

Given that the Corona R33/R36 fleet is not currently roadworthy for passenger service, the latter seems more likely.

If this is the case, then I am wondering myself which cars will be in the NY Transit Museum filling in for 5760, 6239 & 9306...

Had no idea the TOMC was running, definitely gonna head for that if I can. That'll be my first Redbird ride in at least 10-12 years.

Apparently a few railfans were attacked at Main Street today for filming, a woman thought they were filming her and apparently attacked. I don't know anything else, maybe one of you guys that was there can touch on it since I couldn't go...

Apparently a few railfans were attacked at Main Street today for filming, a woman thought they were filming her and apparently attacked. I don't know anything else, maybe one of you guys that was there can touch on it since I couldn't go...

I was there and she attacked one of them with her bag all because she thought they were taking pictures of her, damn shame