More trains for All-Star game! MTA to boost LIRR, No. 7 train service for baseball spectacular

Harry

post-5097-0-15186200-1373460990_thumb.jpg
The MTA is getting into the All-Star spirit next week with extra train service to Citi Field, the Daily News has learned. Starting Sunday, trains on the Long Island Rail Road’s Port Washington branch will stop as often as every 30 minutes at the Mets-Willets Point Station. Additional trains will also be added as needed for All-Star events like the All-Star Futures Game, the All-Star Legends & Celebrity Softball Game on Sunday and the Home Run Derby on Monday, officials said. The extra service will continue through Tuesday, July 16. “

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-15186200-1373460990_thumb.jpg

Good thing first pitch for the All-Star game isn't until around 8:30-8:45 or so.  Even with that starting well past the end of the rush hour, those trains will be PACKED!

Better to build a (J) extension to Citi Field before then, right? :D

I'm surprised it will be 11 cars given how it seemed getting the rest of the 'redbird' cars up and running seemed doubtful.

We know how the (MTA) is when they want something done badly they will do it.  

If it's a full 11 car train, then there could be two options:

1. 3 R33 pairs, four museum SMEE cars (5760, 6239, 6609, 9306) plus a single unit WF R33 loaned from Corona

2. All four R33 pairs (8), plus three of the following:  5760, 6239, 6609 and/or 9306.

Given that the Corona R33/R36 fleet is not currently roadworthy for passenger service, the latter seems more likely.

If it's a full 11 car train, then there could be two options:

1. 3 R33 pairs, four museum SMEE cars (5760, 6239, 6609, 9306) plus a single unit WF R33 loaned from Corona

2. All four R33 pairs (8), plus three of the following:  5760, 6239, 6609 and/or 9306.

Given that the Corona R33/R36 fleet is not currently roadworthy for passenger service, the latter seems more likely.

If this is the case, then I am wondering myself which cars will be in the NY Transit Museum filling in for 5760, 6239 & 9306...

Apparently a few railfans were attacked at Main Street today for filming, a woman thought they were filming her and apparently attacked. I don't know anything else, maybe one of you guys that was there can touch on it since I couldn't go...

I was there and she attacked one of them with her bag all because she thought they were taking pictures of her, damn shame

Archived