Bronx Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

cotb16

Err you do realize that city residents actually use MNRR to reverse commute? more than those coming to the city thus rendering your argument null and void. They pay state taxes to fund it especially CT residents and unlike some MTA bus lines they use their services extensively and frequently. In addition they pay way more taxes than we do to the MTA and in general.

Listen we pay some of the highest taxes in the country so please. The difference is the tax monies that should go to the (MTA) go to everyone but the (MTA).

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listen we pay some of the highest taxes in the country so please. The difference is the tax monies that should go to the (MTA) go to everyone but the (MTA).

I haven't kept tabs, but the non-MTA counties in NY State probably owe the MTA a cool half a billion dollars by now with all the money Pataki, Paterson and Cuomo stole from MTA-county-specific taxes to give out to the rest of the state. That's a lot of service restorations.

I haven't kept tabs, but the non-MTA counties in NY State probably owe the MTA a cool half a billion dollars by now with all the money Pataki, Paterson and Cuomo stole from MTA-county-specific taxes to give out to the rest of the state. That's a lot of service restorations.

Yep and then there's the taxes (surcharges) we pay to the (MTA) supposedly when we take yellow taxis, pay our cell phone bills, and so on and so forth. We pay more than enough taxes to the (MTA).  The problem is most of that tax revenue is taken away from the (MTA)

to be honest If the  W4 went crosstown on nereid ave then it can
continue to pelham via sandford and E 3rd to 5th ave it would link to
the (2) which folks hate for manhattan trips but it would allow the bee-line to
axe the W54 and W53. Sadly I think too many people use it to the (D) for that to work. Bx34 extension could eat up the 53 instead as it would be more unique.

The W4 is best left alone. Anyone from the (2)
who needs to go to Yonkers can use the 25. Besides, sending the 4 to
Nereid and points east means there's no direction link from Bedford Park
to South Broadway, which is very important for those who don't want to
use the (1) to the 1/2 combo.

Edited by Q101 E Midtown

Yep and then there's the taxes (surcharges) we pay to the (MTA) supposedly when we take yellow taxis, pay our cell phone bills, and so on and so forth. We pay more than enough taxes to the (MTA).  The problem is most of that tax revenue is taken away from the (MTA)

"WE NEED MOAR ROADS AND PARKING!!! BACK TO THE 1950s WOOH!!!"

- Every NY state and city politician

Who said that? This isn't Nassau County. Bee Line actually funds their system pretty well.

You do realize the BL-60/61/62 all run into The Bronx and have open-door service, right? That allows the MTA to run less service on the Bx30.

That is a relic of the discontinuance of the Bx7 Boston Road service when the Bronx bus map was redrawn in 1984. (That route ran hourly on weekdays and Saturdays only.)

As for the Bx12 - given that all of the stops on the local are near SBS stops except for the last stp---should it be considered as to whether or not the Bx12 local should be truncated to the Grand Concourse on its western end when SBS is running? (As for SBS, BTW, to save money, I personally believe that the 1200s should be de-wrapped.) The savings could then be put into extending the Bx15 to the same spot. To prevent increased deadhead costs, except for some early AM service beginning directly from Fordham Plaza, Bx15 buses would begin or end their day at Tremont and Third. (This takes advantage of the discontinuance of the Bx55 that comes this fall.)

Amtrak7 posted the numbers for the route, and after the fare hike & service reductions, the route actually turned a slight profit (when you factored out the overhead costs and everything).

BTW, I thought it was the BxMC4. ;)

I take it some of BL's Orion Suburbans got toasty engines back in the day?

Sounds like that conversation ended itself..... ^_^

I am simply killing off the dead horse about a certain line. Bx53 can be a LTD plan A has it as a baychester ave route to serve wakefield and the (5) at baychester then to pelham bay park (6) then express to randall then tremont to E177 back to clearview then stops at northern blvd links to N20/21 Q12 ect. Then to hillside ave then to queens village by belmont park.  Plan B has it's Bronx routing as a reverse of the Q50 north of pelham park subway (6). Also has a union tpk stop but then goes to rosedale LIRR via cross island and hook creek select trips. Core service has 13 min frequencies. 

Amtrak7 posted the numbers for the route, and after the fare hike & service reductions, the route actually turned a slight profit (when you factored out the overhead costs and everything).

BTW, I thought it was the BxMC4. ;)

Ya boy there asked, how can they cut (service on) the BxMC4 if it supposedly performs well....

What I was getting at with that part of the retort was, it wasn't doing all that well under the old service levels as it is now w/ the current service levels.....

In other words, yes, the route turned that slight profit afterwards - because they cut runs (incl. gettin rid of the lwr. manhattan trips outright), jacked up the fare, and had to rely on those same/similar levels of pax. remaining faithful to the route for that to happen (which luckily/gratefully for bee line, most seem to have did)....

...and yeh, it's still the C4! (I) still don't see the route lasting too long.....

Ok lets try another Bx40/42 get a service boost with the Bx40 becoming full time LTD.

- I would address the erratic service on the 40/42 first before I'd increase service; E. tremont av isn't exactly underserved.....

- Secondly, if your 40 Ltd's would serve the Throgs Neck houses, I could agree w/ your suggestion there.....

Ya boy there asked, how can they cut (service on) the BxMC4 if it supposedly performs well....

What I was getting at with that part of the retort was, it wasn't doing all that well under the old service levels as it is now w/ the current service levels.....

In other words, yes, the route turned that slight profit afterwards - because they cut runs (incl. gettin rid of the lwr. manhattan trips outright), jacked up the fare, and had to rely on those same/similar levels of pax. remaining faithful to the route for that to happen (which luckily/gratefully for bee line, most seem to have did)....

...and yeh, it's still the C4! (I) still don't see the route lasting too long.....

- I would address the erratic service on the 40/42 first before I'd increase service; E. tremont av isn't exactly underserved.....

- Secondly, if your 40 Ltd's would serve the Throgs Neck houses, I could agree w/ your suggestion there.....

they would actually.

If the Bx40/Bx42 get another rush hour service increase (after the planned April increase), there would be enough service to make the Bx42 a rush hour LTD (since it serves the Throgs Neck Houses). Bus lanes would be recommended on Tremont Av (177 St) between Webster Av & Boston Rd between 7-10am and 4-7pm.

BxMC4? LOL... What's up with the C4 part?

As for the Bx40/Bx42, Yes, I agree service needs to be more frequent before and service increase... I remember my HS days on having to wait long to get one of those buses... From what I've seen, it's still like that...

I do agree about converting the Bx40 into a limited similar to the way the Bx1/Bx2 is setup...

It's BxM4C, and this is the way I understand why it's BxM4C:

Liberty Lines Transit still runs the Bee-Line, and ran for the NYCDOT as Liberty Lines Express. It not only ran the BxM1, BxM2, BxM3, BxM11, and BxM18, but it also ran the BxM4A and the BxM4B. In all, LL ran the three BxM4 buses. 

In summary, LLT ran the BxM4C for Westchester, and LLE ran the BxM4A and BxM4C for NYCDOT.

Edited by GojiMet86

It's BxM4C, and this is the way I understand why it's BxM4C:

Liberty Lines Transit still runs the Bee-Line, and ran for the NYCDOT as Liberty Lines Express. It ran for  not only ran the BxM1, BxM2, BxM3, BxM11, and BxM18, but it also ran the BxM4A and the BxM4B. In all, LL ran the three BxM4 buses. 

In summary, LLT ran the BxM4C for Westchester, and LLE ran the BxM4A and BxM4C for NYCDOT.

So who said anything about BxMC4?? I still not getting the "joke"...  <_<

I guess I forgot to laugh (ha... ha...??), but if they do "blow up" the line, as long as Westchester pays for it then let them go right on ahead.

Exactly. As long as Westchester pays for it and it turns a profit, no reason to  cut it. Why would they cut a route that actually makes money?