R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently the R188's have a shuttle program between 34 St and 42 St. Back in November when the (7) Shuttle was running, there was one C/R that would always set the train up as a Times Sq 42 St (S) coming from 34 St, and would change to NOT IN SERVICE when going back to 34 St.

Apparently the R188's have a shuttle program between 34 St and 42 St. Back in November when the (7) Shuttle was running, there was one C/R that would always set the train up as a Times Sq 42 St (S) coming from 34 St, and would change to NOT IN SERVICE when going back to 34 St.

So wait, let me get this straight...

He would set it up as an 42 Street (S) to Times Sq-42 St and then "not in service" to 34 Street...

That's not a new program for the Hudson Yards shuttle.He's just tricking the system into thinking its on the 42 Street shuttle...

Saw it this morning too... Is Westchester still short?

I don't know how they could be short when they just got another R62A set.

Yeah it is, but there is one Jerome set (7746-50) that's paired to a Westchester set and is currently running on the (6)

it has the (6) strip maps already? Because if not it's just as strange as pairing a (2) R142 with a (5) R142

I don't know how they could be short when they just got another R62A set.

it has the (6) strip maps already? Because if not it's just as strange as pairing a (2) R142 with a (5) R142

I don't know... I was on the street when I saw it.

So basically R142A Moshulu set 7746-50 is on the (6) now?

Yep, paired with 7621-7625

Is there any proof? I rode the shuttle both weekends and the first weekend (the set was 7331-35, 7316-7909-7320) it was signed up as a <7> LAST STOP and the second weekend I rode it (the set was 7301-05, 7226-7900-7230) the signs were just blank. I could've missed this but the first weekend I was on the shuttle for awhile (both days I went, the first day for longer so it could have been the second day when I went for less time) but I doubt the crew would sign the train to "NOT IN SERVICE", especially since that program displays "NO PASSENGERS" on the interior signs.

Is there any proof? I rode the shuttle both weekends and the first weekend (the set was 7331-35, 7316-7909-7320) it was signed up as a <7> LAST STOP and the second weekend I rode it (the set was 7301-05, 7226-7900-7230) the signs were just blank. I could've missed this but the first weekend I was on the shuttle for awhile (both days I went, the first day for longer so it could have been the second day when I went for less time) but I doubt the crew would sign the train to "NOT IN SERVICE", especially since that program displays "NO PASSENGERS" on the interior signs.

I don't know, but hopefully that same C/R will return back in February so we can see. Your right, sometimes a crew wouldn't do it, but this particular C/R kept making announcements saying that it was an (7) shuttle to 34 St.

In other news, is 7923 in service?