R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

That leaves only the (4). The (4) wouldn't need the cars, so that leaves only one place for them to go...

Why wouldn't the 4 need the cars?

Why are people quick to assume that the (6) is getting the r62A's. What if the MTA thinks that the workers can manage switching the rollsigns and still be on time if they were placed on the (2) or (5)?

There are 42 signs that need to be changed if a 2 becomes a 5 or a 5 becomes a 2. That cannot be accomplished within a matter of minutes by a train crew of two. (It could be accomplished an extra ten or so people assigned to the platform to roll signs, but that's an unnecessary expense.)

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are people quick to assume that the (6) is getting the r62A's.

Perhaps because I've heard from RTO management that this is going to happen??? Why are people so quick to assume that they WON'T be going to the (6)? Other than because they want to foam over the ideas of all the different rollsigns they'll get to photograph?

Perhaps because I've heard from RTO management that this is going to happen??? Why are people so quick to assume that they WON'T be going to the (6)? Other than because they want to foam over the ideas of all the different rollsigns they'll get to photograph?

Seriously, I'll be the one to say that this is no lie. ^_^

Edited by NovaCSW8030

There aren't enough R62As to cover the entire (2) & (5) fleet......

And what do you mean by that? Both lines run 32 trains respectively at rush hour but if you meant all of the available trains (not the trains used for rush hour service) at both 239th and East 180th (which you haven't said so...) then fine....

EDIT: Plus I never said there would be enough for both lines, only one of them. I know there aren't enough for both respectively....... <_<

Edited by RollOverMyHead

And since Westchester runs 400/450 R142As at rush hour, there aren't enough R62As for it either unless they reduce the amount of rush hour trains for the (1) or mixed fleets with Jerome's equipment since there will be 50 R142As left at Westchester..............................

Edited by RollOverMyHead

Why wouldn't the 4 need the cars?

...because it has a full fleet of R142's and R142A's.

They can still take out those strip maps on its R142s and R142As if needed...

...but it's not.

EDIT: Plus I never said there would be enough for both lines, only one of them. I know there aren't enough for both respectively....... <_<

Dude, that's a T/O, I think he knows what he's talking about...

Plus, what about the rollsigns?

...because it has a full fleet of R142's and R142A's.

That's like saying that the R68s can't go to the (G) because it already has a full fleet of R46s.....

...but it's not.

Is there something you want to admit.....?

Dude, that's a T/O, I think he knows what he's talking about...

I am only saying that the (7) has 352 R62As for rush hour service. There are enough of those for rush hour (2) or (5) service but not for the entire 239th or East 180th yards...

Plus, what about the rollsigns?

Well as far as I know IMO, signage issues will occur because........

1. The (5) shares trackage with the (2) in both of its ends (White Plains Road and Nostrand Avenue lines), plus with flexibility at Flatbush Avenue where it runs through most of the rush hour and midday periods, also to Nereid Avenue in the reverse direction at rush hour, very limit runs to and from Utica or New Lots Avenues. Very limit (2)'s also go to and from New Lots.

2. The regular (6) from Pelham Bay Park becomes a Parkchester train at the PM rush hour which requires changing the signs when turning at Brooklyn Bridge and going through the City Hall loop. *Only referring to the Parkchester service not the express to Pelham Bay Park* When the PM rush hour is over, signs are needed to say Pelham Bay Park but from what I notice many times before, most of the (6)'s still go to either Parkchester or Pelham Bay Park for other reasons others know that I don't even know...

Edited by RollOverMyHead

That's like saying that the R68s can't go to the (G) because it already has a full fleet of R46s.....

Is there something you want to admit.....?

I am only saying that the (7) has 352 R62As for rush hour service. There are enough of those for rush hour (2) or (5) service but not for the entire 239th or East 180th yards...

Well as far as I know IMO, signage issues will occur because........

1. The (5) shares trackage with the (2) in both of its ends (White Plains Road and Nostrand Avenue lines), plus with flexibility at Flatbush Avenue where it runs through most of the rush hour and midday periods, also to Nereid Avenue in the reverse direction at rush hour, very limit runs to and from Utica or New Lots Avenues. Very limit (2)'s also go to and from New Lots.

2. The regular (6) from Pelham Bay Park becomes a Parkchester train at the PM rush hour which requires changing the signs when turning at Brooklyn Bridge and going through the City Hall loop. *Only referring to the Parkchester service not the express to Pelham Bay Park* When the PM rush hour is over, signs are needed to say Pelham Bay Park but from what I notice many times before, most of the (6)'s still go to either Parkchester or Pelham Bay Park for other reasons others know that I don't even know...

The (6) issue isn't that bad, the (2) and (5) will not get them. I don't know where you're getting your figures from, but there'd be barely enough cars, if there are enough for the (2) and (5). That's a perfectly good argument. Why make an unnecessary fleet change that won't benefit anyone??? Where would those cars even go after that? Think....

Admitting what? I was saying that all of these crazy predictions are unnecessary in the current time. And they won't ever be necessary.

Thinking is imperative...

ugh, the (6) will still have R142A's regardless if they get the R62A's, it will be just like the old days, just the R142A's will be in place of the R29's and R36's (basicly the same amount like when the redbirds were on the (6))

Edited by R32 3838

The (6) issue isn't that bad, the (2) and (5) will not get them. I don't know where you're getting your figures from, but there'd be barely enough cars, if there are enough for the (2) and (5). That's a perfectly good argument. Why make an unnecessary fleet change that won't benefit anyone??? Where would those cars even go after that? Think....

Admitting what? I was saying that all of these crazy predictions are unnecessary in the current time. And they won't ever be necessary.

Thinking is imperative...

You're acting very typical again aren't ya? I never said that the (2) and (5) will get them. And go look at the assignment sheet from JoeKorner. And I was answer your damn question little kid, why to ask? I answered your post. Any directed posts are the ones that I'll quote on regardless if you say otherwise afterwards that also goes to every other member. So your little behind should calm the hell down. I had just quoted. I can see how typical and hypocritical you starting to be like before...Keep it up....

Edited by RollOverMyHead

People just don't f**king read sometimes. I said the damn cars are enough for rush hour service on those lines, yes I know there aren't enough for that but I also never said they were going to go there. So don't be stupid Threxx, you know I was clear enough on the answer I gave ya. I did said that they aren't enough of them for the entire 239th/East 180th yards right? Okay then, so YOU should think before YOU post.

You're acting very typical again aren't ya? I never said that the (2) and (5) will get them. And go look at the assignment sheet from JoeKorner.

Ignoring the unnecessary rage... it's a subway car for Christ's sake... not a kidney.

Lets see...

At morning rush, the (2) and (5) each use 330. the (7) Has 352 cars. Not enough, especially with the sharing. The rollsign changing will delay trains. It's unrealistic.

People just don't f**king read sometimes. I said the damn cars are enough for rush hour service on those lines, yes I know there aren't enough for that but I also never said they were going to go there. So don't be stupid Threxx, you know I was clear enough on the answer I gave ya. I did said that they aren't enough of them for the entire 239th/East 180th yards right? Okay then, so YOU should think before YOU post.

Solve the rollsign issue.

The rage, the brining up of past issues, all unnecessary. It's not a kidney, or a heart transplant. It's a subway car.

Let's bring back the wise advice of 6 Lexington Avenue:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!! Let's just wait and see and focus on the delivery process now. It's been discussed beyond death!!

Edited by Threxx

Who cares! It's not that serious.

And where the hell did you came from? Mind your damn business, Threxx started it.....

@Threxx

I know its a damn subway car you typical smartass, I was answering to your damn post. You ranged at me you idiot. And I ain't gonna waste my time with you...Moving to another thread...

Some of you damn users really are typical....

Edited by RollOverMyHead

And where the hell did you came from? Mind your damn business, Threxx started it.....

@Threxx

I know its a damn subway car you typical smartass, I was answering to your damn post. You ranged at me you idiot. And I ain't gonna waste my time with you...Moving to another thread...

When? I simply said "Thinking is imperative." It wasn't directed at you or anyone...

I'd beg to differ on that point, but I'm done...

Threxx and ttcsubwayfan, make sure to not bullshit at anyone who are against having the R62As back at the IRT mainline.

Just re-read of what I was trying to say. I never said that they need to change rollsigns, yes I know they will cause delays......

By restricting the (2) and (5) fleets to their respective lines, that will increase delays on both lines. It's going to happen, one way or another, so those critics need to get over it. Simple as that.

:huh: Hmmmm...... Boy, I wonder how long this will it take before someone else (out of nowhere) makes a peace speech? I'm just saying, it's a thinker..... :huh:

Yes... peace... it's becoming obvious that the discussion about the R188 should be halted until further news is found out about the cars...