R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

Why is everyone assuming that the r62A's are going on the Lexington Avenue line and/or/maybe the 7th avenue line. What if the MTA decides to do something else with them. Who knows

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!! Let's just wait and see and focus on the delivery process now. It's been discussed beyond death!!

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They might decide to do something else, it is the (MTA). So far, all of the sources and information provided have suggested that the (6) will get R62A's. The reason being that the (6) is completely R142A, and those cars are being converted and sent to the (7).

Not to mention the circle/diamond displays.

Some of those don't seem right...

That's because they probably aren't. For the purely new 188s, the consist numbers should be consistent, but for the insert cars, they won't be consecutive. Just to make a point, the first insert car, which I believe is numbered 7921, will be somewhere within the 10-car converted set of 7811-20.

There are no single cars in this order. There ARE cars which will be inserted into 5 car sets to make them 6 car sets. I know most people know this, but I have seen some confusion regarding this so I wanted to clarify.

YES the cars will have to come from either 7th avenue or Lex, as those are the only other lines in the IRT system besides the 7. Yes, they will almost certainly come from the Lex, namely the 4/6 as that is where the cars to be converted currently run.

And here we go again...

Let me just quote a post by 6 Lexington Ave to make my job a lot easier, and give me a less chance of raging and being banned.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!! Let's just wait and see and focus on the delivery process now. It's been discussed beyond death!!

Edited by Brighton Express

I don't care...It's not like the Transit Authority nor the (MTA) themselves announce in their site where Corona's soon-former equipment will be going...All we know is that Westchester's equipment will be transferring to Corona and be redesigned...

EDIT: While the so-called "Westchester/Corona" swap is the original plan, nothing still isn't set in stone of it. Nor for any other IRT mainline depot......

Edited by RollOverMyHead

*Long, over the top sigh*

We've been over this. Mainly, The fact the R62As on the (7) have the circle/diamond displays makes it a prime candidate.

There's also other candidates in the IRT mainline save for the (1) and GC-TS (S) as well as the (2) and (5)....

Edited by RollOverMyHead

There's also other candidates in the IRT mainline save for the (1) and GC-TS (S) as well as the (2) and (5)....

That leaves only the (4). The (4) wouldn't need the cars, so that leaves only one place for them to go...

Edited by Threxx

So anyway, the differences between the (7) and (L) is that one has refurbished, redesigned, and second-hand cars while the other has a new fleet.

How they are alike is their isolation and countdown clocks.

The Flushing Line is like the Pelham Line with local and express with the same cars (Redbirds, R62As, and R142As). Damn, the (7)<7> and (6)<6> are twins and identical to each other.

I think the Westchester yard is going to lose their R142As to the Corona yard, the 4 train needs its R142As for yankee games since it has wider doors than the R62a.

Wow, that means nothing and doesn't make sense. That's like saying that the 75 footers need to stay on fully local lines 'cause they're too "heavy" to go fast on express runs.....

Edited by RollOverMyHead