Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

Does anyone know why the R32's can't run in the (M)?

they don't need to run em on the (M) plus it doesn't have the orange (M) sign and there's no need to run em on the (M) the (J)'s R160s can be pushed to the (M) to full to void of displaced R160s that are getting SMS

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they don't need to run em on the (M) plus it doesn't have the orange (M) sign and there's no need to run em on the (M) the (J)'s R160s can be pushed to the (M) to full to void of displaced R160s that are getting SMS

Even if the Orange (M) doesn't exist, couldn't you have your signs point from 71 (or Mrytle) to Metropolitan? As long as the destination signs are right, that shouldn't matter.

Even if the Orange (M) doesn't exist, couldn't you have your signs point from 71 (or Mrytle) to Metropolitan? As long as the destination signs are right, that shouldn't matter.

the R32s don't have metropolitan as a south terminal but very few cars like 4 cars have R38 southern rollsigns that have metropolitan, but as snowblock mentioned OPTO, if an R32 gets stuck at metro after normal service ends then that's a problem, it make perfect sense to leave em on the J/Z

That wouldn't be a problem, because they would swap it with 160's in the yard.

The signage would likely be the main deterrent.

yeah true, I'm just wondering when ENY is supposed to get these R32s, I saw one pair of the 4 R32s in ENY yard with 2 doors open last night

Yes, it would be a problem, because then the T/D's would have to make sure that no sets are sent to Metropolitan when it's time to start cutting trains. Why even make it an issue?

Boy, some of you will think ANYTHING just to find a reason to see the R-32 on the (M) . IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, COME BACK TO REALITY!!!!!

Yes, it would be a problem, because then the T/D's would have to make sure that no sets are sent to Metropolitan when it's time to start cutting trains. Why even make it an issue?

Boy, some of you will think ANYTHING just to find a reason to see the R-32 on the (M) . IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, COME BACK TO REALITY!!!!!

I already know they won't go to the (M), as long as I see on on the (J) its fine

Speaking of the R32s, yesterday's ride on the C, the ac was working perfectly. Even sorta packed, I can feel the cool air circulating. If enough cars were like the one i got on, I guess there really is no need for the swaps this year.

yup they were working fine, but between tomorrow and Monday is the real test to see if the a/c's can handle the heatwave we're getting

It's funny no matter how many times I tell you what's going on, everybody's still going to keep speculating......last year everyone kept making up excuses for why they wanted to see the (1) run to New Lots when the ferry flooded, and I was the only one telling them that this was NOT going to happen, and now it's the same thing with this swap thread. Normally those stupid lock icons annoy me, but I'm getting ready to request one for this thread. No swap, end of discussion.

It's funny no matter how many times I tell you what's going on, everybody's still going to keep speculating......last year everyone kept making up excuses for why they wanted to see the (1) run to New Lots when the ferry flooded, and I was the only one telling them that this was NOT going to happen, and now it's the same thing with this swap thread. Normally those stupid lock icons annoy me, but I'm getting ready to request one for this thread. No swap, end of discussion.

no one said they were gonna do the A/C swap, we all know they aren't gonig to the swap, we all know the R32's that are going to ENY aren't going on the (M), its just a discussion, we know the truth, its just some people like to speculate, and there's no need to close a thread like this, because any unknown swap can happen, as for the R32s going to the J to help out with the gap due to the base order R160A-1 order SMS-CBTC upgrade, people on here will speculate until they start to send a few sets of 32s downthere

yeah true, I'm just wondering when ENY is supposed to get these R32s, I saw one pair of the 4 R32s in ENY yard with 2 doors open last night

Who knows probably in July because that's when alot of the R160s will be off the (J) for Sms-cbtc upgrade.

Yo, I just gotta say that there're plenty of us who respect the info you post and know to filter out the nonsense. You just gotta ignore the foamers and speculation and not let it get to you, cause kids'll be kids and bullsh!t gets spread around. And believe me, letting it get to you could drive a man insane with some of theories and sh!t. Keep doing your thing, and thanks for keeping us all up to date.

This is a CBTC upgrade, for all L consists.

From what I have seen, the R160s going through SMS work are from Jamaica, not ENY.

All 143s came with CBTC and there were 64 160s for the (L) that got CBTC a couple years back. These next 160s may be for service enhancements.

When it comes to SMS, all cars of each type get it at some point so I don't think it's based by yard.

I've seen a few R160's SMSed by now, It looks like the trucks got a good cleaning. The plate on the side of the truck still says "Kawasaki 2007", so I don't think it was replaced.

Good call, and that's the thing they didn't. Which is good enough to me.

All 143s came with CBTC and there were 64 160s for the (L) that got CBTC a couple years back. These next 160s may be for service enhancements.

This is a modification to the CBTC system on cars currently equipped with CBTC, not an expansion of CBTC to cars that don't have CBTC. There's no need to install CBTC on more cars than are needed on the L.

Once CBTC comes to QBL, some more of ENY's R160's will need CBTC installed for use on the M, but that will be a different CBTC system entirely.

rumor right now is 12 R32s would head to ENY soon but I think more would be needed, but if 12 R32s do go to ENY that's 1 set with 4 car spares

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would you happen to know what happened with those R32s stored at Fresh Pond by any chance?

Edited by mtattrain

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would you happen to know what happened with those R32s stored at Fresh Pond by any chance?

all 8 of em were moved to ENY last year and then 4 of em went to CI as work horses while the other 4 are at ENY, these cars can run, but in order to be in service they would need some work