Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

Werent the R160s banned from the (A) ?

There were problems with the LIPA power supply in the Rockaways, wasn't providing enough power for the 160s to run properly. I've heard rumors about it being fixed though.

Plus these are probably Siemens units, so the power consumption might be different compared to the Alstom units that were tested in 2006.

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There were problems with the LIPA power supply in the Rockaways, wasn't providing enough power for the 160s to run properly. I've heard rumors about it being fixed though.

Plus these are probably Siemens units, so the power consumption might be different compared to the Alstom units that were tested in 2006.

Its been fixed, I asked a supervisor the other day at the rocks. When will we see one out there? Who knows.

the SMS finished in march

Great. With their new windows, brakes, wheels, components and propulsion upgraded as well as minor body/interior repaint, those remaining 222/600 R32s can last smoothly and quietly. And (C) riders would not have to whine and moan all the time.

The R42s them selves should get a small sms and have at least their motors replaced so that they can last until 2016.

I'm sure those remaining 50/400 R42s will be just fine. They aren't even in service as much since there's already a small amount of them left.

And (C) riders would not have to whine and moan all the time.

(C) riders are most definitely still complaining about the R32s after SMS. While it did help the A/C units a bit, the A/C reliability issue isn't completely gone.

Edited by Dj Hammers

the (C) i rode today had no A/C the next car after mine, 3410 had busted A/C, the (C) riders on the other hand should know they the TA always give the oldest stuff to the (C), as for the ENY ones theres only 12 R32's at the moment, the 4 cars that already been there needs to be worked on, plus they didn't get SMS'ed 

Great. With their new windows, brakes, wheels, components and propulsion upgraded as well as minor body/interior repaint, those remaining 222/600 R32s can last smoothly and quietly. And (C) riders would not have to whine and moan all the time.

They will bitch and whine until the R32s are finally gone. And they'll probably continue to bitch after that, even if they do get NTTs.

the (C) i rode today had no A/C the next car after mine, 3410 had busted A/C, the (C) riders on the other hand should know they the TA always give the oldest stuff to the (C), as for the ENY ones theres only 12 R32's at the moment, the 4 cars that already been there needs to be worked on, plus they didn't get SMS'ed 

Last week on Friday, I rode car 3877 where passengers only felt hot air but the rest of the consists were fine. This was one of the 3:00 something (C) trains N/B from Euclid. 

Last week on Friday, I rode car 3877 where passengers only felt hot air but the rest of the consists were fine. This was one of the 3:00 something (C) trains N/B from Euclid. 

Yeah since the temperature started rising I've been on a couple R32s with broken A/C. I'd say around 30% of the trains I've been on so far had no A/C.

I'm sure those remaining 50/400 R42s will be just fine. They aren't even in service as much since there's already a small amount of them left.

Yes they are. They run a set or 2 every day even at nights on occasion

Edited by Fresh Pond

those R42s have been running much more actually, they use about 4-5 sets during the am rush

Now the R42s will be running more then they normally would and aren't they trying to revive an R42 out of retirement to put it on the (J) as well ?

Edited by R62AR33

Now the R42s will be running more then they normally would and aren't they trying to revive an R42 out of retirement to put it on the (J) as well ?

I don't think any retired R42s are being reactivated... those 14 units at 207th are just not qualified for service. (or at least it doesn't look like it)