Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I heard from a friend who asked a TA, he said that there are 2 10 car sets of R32s at Jamaica Yard.

I can image if it really was true. To see an R32 on the (E) after 5 years. I rode the R42 (J) yesterday and after not sitting down on one of them since 2008 those seats felt very low.

I can image if it really was true. To see an R32 on the (E) after 5 years. I rode the R42 (J) yesterday and after not sitting down on one of them since 2008 those seats felt very low.

Those R42 (J) trains are roomy as far as if the train got crowded, there's a lot of room to stand. Nice and wide. They do need to clean the outside, though. As for an R32 (E), i'll wait for confirmation from someone.

Those R42 (J) trains are roomy as far as if the train got crowded, there's a lot of room to stand. Nice and wide. They do need to clean the outside, though. As for an R32 (E), i'll wait for confirmation from someone.

If Jamaica Yard had an R32,I highly doubt they would throw one on the (E) again. It would be nice, after all I did grow up with that train. But if one does get thrown on there, you're gonna hear complaints from the (E) riders again

You guys are hilarious. We have a bulletin for doing vibration testing on the R32 (R) for Apr 12-13, for which TWO sets will be used. All of a sudden, we have speculation about the R32's running during the week, on both the (E) and (R) , and the (C) using R46s. What else can we throw in the rumor mill?

You guys are hilarious. We have a bulletin for doing vibration testing on the R32 (R) for Apr 12-13, for which TWO sets will be used. All of a sudden, we have speculation about the R32's running during the week, on both the (E) and (R) , and the (C) using R46s. What else can we throw in the rumor mill?

Wasn't me who started those rumors.

Since your the TA employee here,What does the bulletin say?Will the test trains be in service?

Since that's the case, someone really fooled everyone here into believing R32s would actually run on the (E) and (R) . Didn't know about rumors being spread about R46s on the (C) .

Picture in question:

"Attn. all 'R' Line T/Os. On Sat. 04/12/14 the EPA will be conducting vibration test on the something between 77th St. and 95th St. Use of R-32 SMEE & R46 cars will be something road service. Therefore T/O's something. Their pocession their brake handle something key.

R32RBulletin_zps2f81fc69.png

Edited by GojiMet86