Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Saw an R46 from Jamaica get transferred to pitkin last night, its a loaner someone spotted it in service this morning, so this tells me that the R46 SMS has officially started and that means no R32 (A) to full that void of a lost set of R46's

Where was the R46 loaner spotted in service?

So another question: If we are to see R46's pulled out of Jamaica we will see more R160's on the (F) as a result, no? But then how will this affect the roster on the (R) ?

As of the most recent car assignments, isn't the (R) all R160s? I'd think they'd have a decent amount of R46 and R160 sets set aside as extra consists in case of breakdown, so would there even be any big changes at Jamaica?

The (R) uses 3 sets of R46's and the (F) uses the rest, all they'll do is add an R160 to the the (F) since Jamaica has enough cars

For now Pitkin only needs a set or two, I'm surprised that they didn't use an R32 set to full that void, that's what they'll normally do, but I guess management doesn't want em on the (A) at all

As of the most recent car assignments, isn't the (R) all R160s? I'd think they'd have a decent amount of R46 and R160 sets set aside as extra consists in case of breakdown, so would there even be any big changes at Jamaica?

Well as R32 3838 stated, there are some R46 cars that exist on the (R). That could change (maybe). As for the void that can occur on the (A) with the tentative SMS, my guess is as good as anyone else. I did hear some R32 sets being linked up so that's another indication that something is rally going on here.

However I do see one thing, the (F) may be mostly R160's once again as it once was pre Montaugue Street shutdown.

I'll admit I am stumped on the (A). Man Who knows as discussed the issue with the Rockaways is fixed as of 2010 as per Daniel the Cool and Orion. So perhaps we may actually see something nuts like R160's on the (A) ?

Let me wipe the foam of my face. Lol. Just speculation here folks...

Edited by realizm

• 3 weeks later...