Jump to content


Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
INDman

R32 Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, VIP said:

Haha. They sent 207th an R160 set instead. The “cuomo scheme” set to be exact.

That actually wasn't a fleet transfer. ENY's "Cuomo wrapped" R160 consist went down to Pitkin Yard for annual emergency brake testing in the Rockaways. They were out in the Rockaways today, actually. It will be returned to ENY soon. 

For background context, a train from each car type is tested every single year. Right around now is when that testing is done.

 

 

Edited by Dj Hammers
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A spot check during the PM rush on June 22, 2018 found at least a half dozen Phase I R-32's each on A (both branches) and C, along with seven sets of R-46s on C.

R-32's on J and Z, four trains of MK R-42's on J, too.

Nothing new here.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2018 at 1:45 AM, Dj Hammers said:

FYI - This transfer has been delayed. When I say "tentative" it's for good reason haha.

3682/3683, 3718/3719, 3730/3731, 3810/3811.

 

Were these 8 cars ever moved to 207?

What about 3360/3361?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, m2fwannabe said:

Were these 8 cars ever moved to 207?

What about 3360/3361?

They moved them already

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The latest R-32 fleet audit is done.  A 6-month update.

As of June 22, 2018 there were 136 at 207 Street ((A), (C)) and 86 at East New York ((J), (Z)).

For those trying to keep track, this eliminates the "paper duplication" so prevalent in the R-32 fleet control process.

(Opinion:  Continuously confusing [even within DCE] because the numbers are neither continuous nor consecutive.)

Car numbers available if interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2018 at 12:31 AM, Calvin said:

3574-3575, 3798-3799: ENY to 207 St

 

On 7/7/2018 at 2:17 AM, Calvin said:

3706-3707: ENY to 207 St

These changes yield 144 R-32's now at 207 Street and 78 left at East New York.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MHV184 said:

Are any of the R32s going to coney island yard for the B or D trains?

They might and the (B) is maintained at Coney Island and the (D) at Grand Concourse. They both don't share the same yard.

Edited by Jemorie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All these R32 transfers from ENY to 207th and still only 4-5 sets of R32’s on the (A) ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, VIP said:

All these R32 transfers from ENY to 207th and still only 4-5 sets of R32’s on the (A) ... 

I have seen 9 sets of R32s on the A last Monday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get your pictures of R32 (J) trains NOW. They will be leaving the line very soon because every time an R179 enters service on the (J), a set of R32s will get displaced to the (A)

In a few weeks, it is very highly likely that most of the (J)'s fleet will be NTT (R143, R160, R179), with only a small minority of R42s (though the latters will also get displaced too). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Coney Island Av said:

Get your pictures of R32 (J) trains NOW. They will be leaving the line very soon because every time an R179 enters service on the (J), a set of R32s will get displaced to the (A)

In a few weeks, it is very highly likely that most of the (J)'s fleet will be NTT (R143, R160, R179), with only a small minority of R42s (though the latters will also get displaced too). 

Where would the R42s go?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, MHV184 said:

Where would the R42s go?

Referencing the credible user @RR503, the R42s will be displaced to Coney Island Yard to service the (B). As the R179s are steadily making their way to East New York Yard for (J) service, R32 sets are being transferred to 207th Street Yard for (A) service. This coming fall, the R32 sets occupying a portion of the (A)'s fleet will be sent down south to CIY to service the (B) and (G). The source of this piece of information is reputable member @Dj Hammers. These plans have been finalized and are pending implementation, as he has stated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AlgorithmOfTruth said:

Referencing the credible user @RR503, the R42s will be displaced to Coney Island Yard to service the (B). As the R179s are steadily making their way to East New York Yard for (J) service, R32 sets are being transferred to 207th Street Yard for (A) service. This coming fall, the R32 sets occupying a portion of the (A)'s fleet will be sent down south to CIY to service the (B) and (G). The source of this piece of information is reputable member @Dj Hammers. These plans have been finalized and are pending implementation, as he has stated.

Thanks for the info. Do you knows things are going to be after the shutdown is over ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, R179 8258 said:

Thanks for the info. Do you knows things are going to be after the shutdown is over ? 

After the 14th Street (L) Tunnels are rehabilitated, the R42 sets that remain will most likely be retired. However, do note that this is a tentative prediction, and may be either correct or incorrect. I will be looking out for information posted by @Dj Hammers and @RR503 in confirming or disproving this. As for the R32s, I have a feeling they'll be sticking around longer, but even that may not ultimately be the case. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2018 at 2:50 PM, Coney Island Av said:

Get your pictures of R32 (J) trains NOW. They will be leaving the line very soon because every time an R179 enters service on the (J), a set of R32s will get displaced to the (A)

In a few weeks, it is very highly likely that most of the (J)'s fleet will be NTT (R143, R160, R179), with only a small minority of R42s (though the latters will also get displaced too). 

True, if R-179 progress continues to be positive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plans can change and in this case, they have slightly. 

Expect the R42s to go south, but the (A) may keep some R32s.

  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Dj Hammers said:

Plans can change and in this case, they have slightly. 

Expect the R42s to go south, but the (A) may keep some R32s.

I hope the (A) does keep some R32's. Its smart to keep atleast 4-6 sets while the rest go to the (B) and (G) lines. This way its a good balance of 60 footers on the (A)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those R42’s look like hell... well some cars do. I hope they get cleaned up and shaped up before CI accepts them. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, VIP said:

Those R42’s look like hell... well some cars do. I hope they get cleaned up and shaped up before CI accepts them. 

No need. Coney Island takes the best care of cars. They'll fix em up. Just look at their R160 end windows, as compared to Jamaica's.

  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, m7zanr160s said:

No need. Coney Island takes the best care of cars. They'll fix em up. Just look at their R160 end windows, as compared to Jamaica's.

The scratchitti and acid marker tags on the windows need to get replaced... At least 48 of those cars (R-42) got their roofs painted. I think Coney Island’s R160’s are cleaner because those cars spend less time in tunnels while Jamaica’s cars spend the most time underground. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's actually more r32s on the (J) than I thought. Rode one train today and saw at least three others in service (along with many more cars at ENY). R42s running as usual, and an extra pair resting at ENY, along with an R179 peculiarly signed up as a (G).  Also the usual R143s are still running on the (J) (I call them the impostor (L) trains lol.) Couldn't help but notice the multitude of R179s on the line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With more variety in the yard fleet, East New York now has the ability to rotate these cars about, allowing the 32s to rest occasionally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.