September 2014 Bus Route and Schedule Changes

BM5 via Woodhaven

Also, this is interesting:

The primary QM10 service operates via 34 St, 6 Ave, and 57 St every day.

So where's the saturday and sunday QM10? I could get used to that.

That is most likely a mistake, AFAIK there's no plan to add weekend service on the 10. They probably meant to write "every weekday"

So, I used the S93 for the first time today to go to work, and I have to say that aside from the long headways, the trip was literally half what a trip on the S53 would have been. Plus, the 93 is closer in walking distance than the 53 so there are plusses all over.

So, I used the S93 for the first time today to go to work, and I have to say that aside from the long headways, the trip was literally half what a trip on the S53 would have been. Plus, the 93 is closer in walking distance than the 53 so there are plusses all over.

Yeah the S93 is much faster than the S53... I'd go further and say that the S93 may help alleviate crowding on the S53...

Yeah the S93 is much faster than the S53... I'd go further and say that the S93 may help alleviate crowding on the S53...

Yeah, as I was waiting, every S93 I saw was packed. Naturally, not so much as on the way to Brooklyn at that time of day, but it was nice seeing peoples suprised expressions at seeing an S39 run outside of the rush.

The Bronx map is updated: http://web.mta.info/nyct/maps/busbx.pdf

Service guide not updated yet.

The Bx24 now has a light blue color on the map, I guess so that it doesn't get confused with the Bx21 near Westchester Square.

They still need to update the maps and schedule to show that the Bx12 local W/B terminal is at Fordham Hill Oval/Sedgwick. 

I still don't get why they don't intergrate the timetables to Regional bus instead of NYCT and MTAB

Because they're NYCT and MTA... Not the same thing...

I also think NYCT Bus and MTA Bus Radio should be merged since sometimes some ex-MTA Bus fleets and ex-NYCT Buses are swapped.

I think this will make bus dispatchers and command center easier. (Similar to FDNY and NYPD want radio merged).

I also think NYCT Bus and MTA Bus Radio should be merged since sometimes some ex-MTA Bus fleets and ex-NYCT Buses are swapped.

I think this will make bus dispatchers and command center easier. (Similar to FDNY and NYPD want radio merged).

i think that will happen soon, yeah it was mentioned in the first post of the mta bus operations and fleet thread  at the end in the depot sections with ENY

Right on Sedgwick, dropoff at Fordham Hill, Left on Bailey, right on Heath, left back onto Bailey then layover

Seems like a long way to go just to turn around. Didn't they once turn around a different way closer to Fordham Rd,if I remember correctly?

They used to end at Fordham/Sedgwick and make the U-turn there but that automatically block the box and both streets. B/os started going up Bailey for easier U-turns and would let passengers ride and get off at either of the Bxm3 stops. Then DOT repaved Fordham/Sedgwick and MTA changed the terminal without ever announcing or depicting it.

The bus terminal at Gateway North is similar to KP terminal. Two bus lanes separated from other traffic. Bus enters, drop off/pick up passenger and exit. There is a traffic light exiting the terminal. Im thinking that the B13/Q8 will share a lane and the B83 will have a lane to itself. It's right next to Gateway Drive "outside" the mall...

Just came back a while ago from gateway (decided to get off [the LIRR] @ Jamaica & ride the Q8 there).... I'm kind of miffed that the b/o kicked the 2 of us (myself & some other dude) off at the old terminal location.... So I ended up cutting (walking) through gateway I (all the big box stores there) & had a hard time finding the terminal.... In the distance, I managed to see two B83's heading towards the new terminal, so I followed them.... Finally got there & was disappointed (lol), although I did not know Gateway II took up that much space (and they're still in the midst of adding stores there too)..... Said to myself, this is it?!

As for the lane setup, yes, it's two lanes...

- The entire left lane is for the B83....

- The "front" of the right lane is for the Q8, and a couple yards behind it, is the B13 stop

(the distance b/w the Q8 & B13 is similar to the distance @ KP b/w the B46 stop & the B9 stop).....

Just came back a while ago from gateway (decided to get off [the LIRR] @ Jamaica & ride the Q8 there).... I'm kind of miffed that the b/o kicked the 2 of us (myself & some other dude) off at the old terminal location.... So I ended up cutting (walking) through gateway I (all the big box stores there) & had a hard time finding the terminal.... In the distance, I managed to see two B83's heading towards the new terminal, so I followed them.... Finally got there & was disappointed (lol), although I did not know Gateway II took up that much space (and they're still in the midst of adding stores there too)..... Said to myself, this is it?!

As for the lane setup, yes, it's two lanes...

- The entire left lane is for the B83....

- The "front" of the right lane is for the Q8, and a couple yards behind it, is the B13 stop

(the distance b/w the Q8 & B13 is similar to the distance @ KP b/w the B46 stop & the B9 stop).....

Thanks bro. I figured as much on the set up.........

^^ No prob's.

---------------------

I've been taking the Q8 to Gateway a couple days this past week (from Sutphin; LIRR Jamaica), and what I'm noticing from the B83 is that buses are bunching like f***ing crazy @ Gateway..... Take Thursday for instance - I got off the Q8 (this time, the b/o didn't boot pax off at erskine), and, no B83 in sight.... Okay, 5 mins pass... 10 mins... 15 mins.... In that time, a B13 (that was already on layover when I got there) left, a B13 arrived & left, and a Q8 arrived & left).....

......Out of nowhere, 2 B83's arrive back to back..... I get on the lead bus (well, the bus in front, I shouldn't say "lead").... Soon as the 20 something or so ppl. board, we pull out..... Before we make the turn onto the belt, another B83 is heading towards the terminal.... and when we got to seaview/penn, a B83 was at the stop across the street, heading towards Gateway II..... So that's 4 buses in about a 10 minute span.

I don't know if there's a stop or not (since it's dark by time I get to gateway after work), but if not, there should be someway for the B83 to serve gateway I (heading back towards B'way Junction).....

I wanted to ride out to gateway today, but I got fed up w/ the wait for the Q8 at 165th.... ended up doing the Q41 (full) > Q53 > Q35 combo back to Brooklyn.... There should not be two Q41's arriving & leaving 165th before one Q8 even arrives....... That's something you'd expect from the infamous Q6..... Lol...

* One more thing (unrelated).... These 3 days I've taken the B83 up from Gateway, I noticed that not one B82 was in sight along Penn. av, or on seaview [the terminal]... My original plan was to ride the full Q8 after work, then the B83, to the B82, to either {a dollar van or the B46 [whichever comes first]}.... but knowing the system, I just said f*ck it & took the B83 to cozine for the B6 to utica....

^^ No prob's.

---------------------

I've been taking the Q8 to Gateway a couple days this past week (from Sutphin; LIRR Jamaica), and what I'm noticing from the B83 is that buses are bunching like f***ing crazy @ Gateway..... Take Thursday for instance - I got off the Q8 (this time, the b/o didn't boot pax off at erskine), and, no B83 in sight.... Okay, 5 mins pass... 10 mins... 15 mins.... In that time, a B13 (that was already on layover when I got there) left, a B13 arrived & left, and a Q8 arrived & left).....

......Out of nowhere, 2 B83's arrive back to back..... I get on the lead bus (well, the bus in front, I shouldn't say "lead").... Soon as the 20 something or so ppl. board, we pull out..... Before we make the turn onto the belt, another B83 is heading towards the terminal.... and when we got to seaview/penn, a B83 was at the stop across the street, heading towards Gateway II..... So that's 4 buses in about a 10 minute span.

I don't know if there's a stop or not (since it's dark by time I get to gateway after work), but if not, there should be someway for the B83 to serve gateway I (heading back towards B'way Junction).....

I wanted to ride out to gateway today, but I got fed up w/ the wait for the Q8 at 165th.... ended up doing the Q41 (full) > Q53 > Q35 combo back to Brooklyn.... There should not be two Q41's arriving & leaving 165th before one Q8 even arrives....... That's something you'd expect from the infamous Q6..... Lol...

* One more thing (unrelated).... These 3 days I've taken the B83 up from Gateway, I noticed that not one B82 was in sight along Penn. av, or on seaview [the terminal]... My original plan was to ride the full Q8 after work, then the B83, to the B82, to either {a dollar van or the B46 [whichever comes first]}.... but knowing the system, I just said f*ck it & took the B83 to cozine for the B6 to utica....

You could just take the (J) and switch to the Fulton street line and B44SBS.

You could just take the (J) and switch to the Fulton street line and B44SBS.

#1 - From Gateway, getting to the (J) for that purpose would require a backtrack... I didn't wanna ride the B13 then anyway......

#2 - Even if I wanted to take the damn (J), I wouldn't ride it to Broadway Junction, to then switch to the fulton line for Nostrand av for the B44 - when getting off at Alabama & taking the B12 to albany/clarkson would put me closer to the crib than nostrand/church would...

#3 - ...and stop suggesting that I take the B44 SBS.... It is the second time you've done that shit.

#Idontneedyourhelp #hopoffB44SBSnuttz

Archived