Rider advocacy groups: We want new trains!

The (2) and the (3) is a completely different topic, but despite the (3) working to supplement the (2) the (2) is needed more than the (3) since it serves the Bronx.    They should extend some (3) 's where possible.

The  present day (3) exists to serve the Manhattan CBD primarily and the neighborhoods of Eastern Brooklyn. The present day (2) exists to serve the Manhattan CBD primarily, the area around the Hub in the Bronx, as well as the neighborhoods in the Northern Bronx. If the (2) needs help at either end there's the (5) to lean on. If the (2) really needs help why not just add a run or two to the line? Many years ago when I worked the (3) line as a C/R or M/M there were occasions where I was re-routed up into the Bronx because of delays on the (2) line. We either went up to East 180th St or made the  whole trip up to 241St. We always returned light (not in service) back to Lenox Avenue because we weren't needed for service on the (2) line and the re-route royally screwed over the Lenox (3) line. Most dispatchers don't want "foreign" trains and their crews in their terminals or on their lines. Carry on.

The  present day (3) exists to serve the Manhattan CBD primarily and the neighborhoods of Eastern Brooklyn. The present day (2) exists to serve the Manhattan CBD primarily, the area around the Hub in the Bronx, as well as the neighborhoods in the Northern Bronx. If the (2) needs help at either end there's the (5) to lean on. If the (2) really needs help why not just add a run or two to the line? Many years ago when I worked the (3) line as a C/R or M/M there were occasions where I was re-routed up into the Bronx because of delays on the (2) line. We either went up to East 180th St or made the  whole trip up to 241St. We always returned light (not in service) back to Lenox Avenue because we weren't needed for service on the (2) line and the re-route royally screwed over the Lenox (3) line. Most dispatchers don't want "foreign" trains and their crews in their terminals or on their lines. Carry on.

The (3) used to run in the Bronx on a daily (weekdays) basis from 2001-2003 with differing service patterns and terminals (241, 238, E 180).

The (3) was like the <5> north of E 180 St only with less runs, (3) trains were stored at E 180 St and 239 St yards.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/36843-3-train-retro-weekday-schedule-2002-includes-bronx-trips/

The (3) used to run in the Bronx on a daily (weekdays) basis from 2001-2003 with differing service patterns and terminals (241, 238, E 180).

The (3) was like the <5> north of E 180 St only with less runs, (3) trains were stored at E 180 St and 239 St yards.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/36843-3-train-retro-weekday-schedule-2002-includes-bronx-trips/

It was only from September 2001 til September 2002 those (3) trains ran to/from The Bronx and that was due to the (1) being sent to New Lots Avenue from the aftermath of 9/11. It was only a temporary reroute and you had (2) trains using R62As also which was different.

You are aware that by the time that was in effect I'd already had 20 years of IRT service , aren't you? I've only worked the so-called Lenox division (2), (3), and (5) lines for most of my career. Those (3) trains were used for s/b am rush service and n/b pm rush service only. In other words they were put-ins or lay-ups operating 1/2 trips at the beginning or end of the rush hours. Most Lenox (3) crews were mixed in with the (1) crews coming out of 242nd St making that long trip down to New Lots. I knew most of the (3) crews back then and felt sorry for them. The few crews who remained at Lenox Terminal were making trips between 14th Street and 148th St,Manhattan, for most of the day. Carry on.

Well all I know is the (MTA) needs to either add more (2) service or extend the (3) into the Bronx. The crowds on the (2) at times is ridiculous.   It's so packed that you can't even get on.  B35 already confirmed that in another post, so overcrowding is indeed a problem, and the sh*tty headways on the (2) need to be improved.

Riders Alliance members are subway and bus riders and they take subway daily. Brooklyn members take (C)(A)(G) and Queens members take (7)(E)(G)(F)(M)(R), etc.

So does Transportation Alternative, Straphangers Campaign, Long Island Bus Riders Union, Tri-State Campaign.

Riders Alliance and LIBRU works together for MetroCard issue between NYC Subway Buses.

NCC Prof Saplie LIBRU uses subway, LIRR, NYC/NICE Bus.

Tri-State Campaign covers NY, NJ, CT area.

It's because of Riders Alliance, got increase in Transit Benetfit.

Some members don't know history of subway cars and they're not transit fan likes us, but most (A)(C) riders they interviewed, they want new trains.

They all need to stfu,the (J) lost 85% of it's R160's to the (C), the (C) only runs 7-8 sets of R32's, they need to take a seat, the (A) on the otherhand has R46's, I'm gonna be honest, those R46's suck on the (A) but at the same time people will have to deal with them until the R211's come

Well all I know is the (MTA) needs to either add more (2) service or extend the (3) into the Bronx. The crowds on the (2) at times is ridiculous.   It's so packed that you can't even get on.  B35 already confirmed that in another post, so overcrowding is indeed a problem, and the sh*tty headways on the (2) need to be improved.

The MTA does not see a reason to add more 2 trains honestly when the (5) and (3) goes the same route ; i my opinon the (5) needs to go to flatbush on the weekends to help because its crushload from (4) to (2) and vice versa

The MTA does not see a reason to add more 2 trains honestly when the (5) and (3) goes the same route ; i my opinon the (5) needs to go to flatbush on the weekends to help because its crushload from (4) to (2) and vice versa

The (5) runs via the East Side, and the (3) doesn't serve the Bronx, so they don't go the same route.  If anything the (2) and (5) need service increases.  It's also astonishing that they have constant track work on the (5) every weekend.  I don't know how those people in Morris Park, Pelham Gardens, etc. and the like deal with that crap.  Probably explains why the BxM10 sees the ridership that it does on weekends.  I'm up there on the weekends, and I always use the BxM10.  Who in the world wants to deal with taking a shuttle bus to 180th street and then crawling to Manhattan?

The (5) runs via the East Side, and the (3) doesn't serve the Bronx, so they don't go the same route.  If anything the (2) and (5) need service increases.  It's also astonishing that they have constant track work on the (5) every weekend.  I don't know how those people in Morris Park, Pelham Gardens, etc. and the like deal with that crap.  Probably explains why the BxM10 sees the ridership that it does on weekends.  I'm up there on the weekends, and I always use the BxM10.  Who in the world wants to deal with taking a shuttle bus to 180th street and then crawling to Manhattan?

Sometimes theres extra (2) Train but the delays from flatbush all the way to franklin be a killer at those times (rush hours)

Smfh, I'm getting sick of all this whining, from b***hy commuters and yuppies alike.

During this time of the year, I couldn't give two shits whether an R32, R46, or R160 shows up. I just wanna GTFO that hot-ass subway station and onto a nice air-conditioned subway car. Same thing applies in the winter.

These people need to realize the MTA & NJ Transit (I'll save that rant for another day) are broke. They don't have the money to cater to your every whim. So you have to put up with the subpar service & old equipment until we can get some politicians who realize that mass transit is what keeps this country running and needs to be funded properly so it can do that.

Smfh, I'm getting sick of all this whining, from b***hy commuters and yuppies alike.

During this time of the year, I couldn't give two shits whether an R32, R46, or R160 shows up. I just wanna GTFO that hot-ass subway station and onto a nice air-conditioned subway car. Same thing applies in the winter.

These people need to realize the MTA & NJ Transit (I'll save that rant for another day) are broke. They don't have the money to cater to your every whim. So you have to put up with the subpar service & old equipment until we can get some politicians who realize that mass transit is what keeps this country running and needs to be funded properly so it can do that.

That's precisely what they're trying to do... Oh and with those older cars, you'll be GTFO of a hot-@ss subway station and onto a hot subway car.

The line is out a lot due to structure repair, track and signal replacement. It's going to be like that until next year.

Archived