Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

7 minutes ago, Faisal said:

There's more than one?

Usually. Depends how fast they move. The drug test you take is valid for 90 days. If they don't call you (usually a conditional offer of employment email) to hire you within 90 days you have to go back and do another drug test and another pre-employment. And yeah you're going to have to do all the paperwork over again because they'll assume maybe something changed in the last 3 months.

Most people on this forum recently (past year or two) have been through at least two or three pre-employments.

There's also the possibility of a medical hold which can delay things.

Edited by Milano

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Comrade96 said:

Nice, didnt think thered be an A division class for a while

When my class completed school car in October the superintendent told me the next incoming class was supposed to be A. I think they started 11/3.. He told me the date but I'm not sure. Dunno if it happened or not, but that's what he said.

4 hours ago, Comrade96 said:

Dont get caught on medical hold, if you have any health issues stay on top of them and perhaps schedule those appointments! Especially if youre on the heavier side weight wise youll need that cpap

Hey comrad thanks to you man. Your guidance bro.. down 30 pounds..  scheduled and past my sleep study with under 5 events a hour.. so when they measure my neck.. I'll just throw the letter from the doctor in there face like boom ... 💥.. very grateful for vets like comrad and others ! List# 71## 

Dec 6 hopefully getting division A I live in CT. ☺️ .. also to anyone living out of state do not forget your driving abstract from your current state for pre employment 

6 hours ago, Immortal11 said:

Hey comrad thanks to you man. Your guidance bro.. down 30 pounds..  scheduled and past my sleep study with under 5 events a hour.. so when they measure my neck.. I'll just throw the letter from the doctor in there face like boom ... 💥.. very grateful for vets like comrad and others ! List# 71## 

Dec 6 hopefully getting division A I live in CT. ☺️ .. also to anyone living out of state do not forget your driving abstract from your current state for pre employment 

congrats man I just went down a size in pants so im on my way there too

To all C/R that recently got out, don't forget to put in your Bids for the Vacancy Sheet by Dec 8th! I got out in July and yes I won something from the 2nd Vacancy from earlier this year so anything is possible. 

20 minutes ago, Apes said:

To all C/R that recently got out, don't forget to put in your Bids for the Vacancy Sheet by Dec 8th! I got out in July and yes I won something from the 2nd Vacancy from earlier this year so anything is possible. 

I would but I dont wanna go to the bottom of the XX List afterwards

that A 292 looks tempting tho

Just now, Comrade96 said:

You only get bumped down if the person comes back within a certain time. It doesn't happen often but yes there's still a chance for it to happen. Unfortunately my bid ends this Saturday but my XX # went from 348 to 153 while on this bid so hopefully better XX jobs to come. 

2 hours ago, workisforlames said:

Yeah same here. I'm only 2 weeks out tempted to bid on some am jobs this midnight shift is killing me. But I think I'd much rather keep my XX position.

Being only 2 weeks out of schoolcar you’re literally at the bottom of the list anyways  and have nothing to lose. My suggestion to anyone that’s XX unless you have a decent number and/or the crew office has you on your preferred tour/RDO’s you might as well bid on something. 

2 hours ago, workisforlames said:

Yeah same here. I'm only 2 weeks out tempted to bid on some am jobs this midnight shift is killing me. But I think I'd much rather keep my XX position.

If you want to stay XX so you can get the hang of the different lines, you can always choose XL AM jobs. Bid on as much AM temporary jobs as you can and if you get knocked back to XX, chances are you'll still keep the tour and RDOs.

3 hours ago, Comrade96 said:

Didn't you also just got out of schoolcar? You're pretty much at the bottom already. Don't sweat it.

Edited by Jericho

26 minutes ago, Jericho said:

If you want to stay XX so you can get the hang of the different lines, you can always choose XL AM jobs. Bid on as much AM temporary jobs as you can and if you get knocked back to XX, chances are you'll still keep the tour and RDOs.

Didn't you also just got out of schoolcar? You're pretty much at the bottom already. Don't sweat it.

I appreciate the advice. So I can bid on the job now? They didn't really explain that too well during school car. I just go to any terminal and put my paperwork in?

3 minutes ago, workisforlames said:

I appreciate the advice. So I can bid on the job now? They didn't really explain that too well during school car. I just go to any terminal and put my paperwork in?

Ok, realize you're not picking a job. That's finished for the year. You're going to be trying to win something on the vacancy bid which is now available on TENS. There's a form in the PDF that you can fill out and submit to the proper email address listed in the bid.

30 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Ok, realize you're not picking a job. That's finished for the year. You're going to be trying to win something on the vacancy bid which is now available on TENS. There's a form in the PDF that you can fill out and submit to the proper email address listed in the bid.

Right this is not permanent that's what I meant lol ok I'll check out tens now thanks again. 

On 11/30/2022 at 10:21 AM, BigMike85 said:

-Drug Test

-Medical

-Sworn in

The above 3 CAN take place in one day , but for some of us it took months.  I think they’re still pumping people out, because I swore I saw a new School Car class of Conductors on the platform this morning in Manhattan  

-Start of 12 Month Probation

-School Car

-Posting 

-Completion of School Car

-10 Months of Probation Left

Regarding your response to whoever asked, by any chance, do you or anyone have any idea or heard about anything regarding the likeliness of people that is going in for pre employment stage to get accepted and/or start? Do people that have an earlier assigned date to go in have a more likelihood or line in advance? Will anything affect the process besides the super obvious stuff like a failed drug test, medical problems, history in the system?

For me, I am cleared for everything else besides a original copy of my diploma that was stated in the email to bring. It seems to take a while to order one and the drug test also takes about a week to get results back according to doctor which is pushing the date for us to go in. 

Thank you and congrats and good luck to everyone!

34 minutes ago, alexx said:

Regarding your response to whoever asked, by any chance, do you or anyone have any idea or heard about anything regarding the likeliness of people that is going in for pre employment stage to get accepted and/or start? Do people that have an earlier assigned date to go in have a more likelihood or line in advance? Will anything affect the process besides the super obvious stuff like a failed drug test, medical problems, history in the system?

For me, I am cleared for everything else besides a original copy of my diploma that was stated in the email to bring. It seems to take a while to order one and the drug test also takes about a week to get results back according to doctor which is pushing the date for us to go in. 

Thank you and congrats and good luck to everyone!

If all your stuff is submitted and satisfactory you'll be in whatever class has room next. Supposedly.

In my case a friend I met at the pre-employment process called and told me they got an offer for the job.... And I hadn't. And their list number was below mine... So I called and balked and they put me in that same class. 

So no, it's not always perfect and will require you keeping on top of them sometimes.

Make friends.

Edited by Milano

8 hours ago, Apes said:

You only get bumped down if the person comes back within a certain time. It doesn't happen often but yes there's still a chance for it to happen. Unfortunately my bid ends this Saturday but my XX # went from 348 to 153 while on this bid so hopefully better XX jobs to come. 

5 hours ago, Jericho said:

thought about it...youre both right, im gonna put my bids in today or tomorrow 

Just make sure the jobs you bid on are ones you know you can handle. Don’t bid on something that’s going to be sending you to the Rockaways constantly if you live in, say, New Jersey.

though ironically, I keep getting my jobs as if I got XL. Two weeks I was constantly on 6th Avenue, now I’m going on my 6th working day in a row on the Broadway local… with a 7th tomorrow.

1 hour ago, tsanchez2828 said:

Hey y'all I got a question,for employment history will they really look into every job you had? (why you left or why you got fired) will it effect tour likelihood of getting hired? I got pre employment on the 8th so I'm just preparing myself

They want you to include every job you have had and write in the time periods you were unemployed as well. There's a section on the form where it asks if you were ever disciplined/fired, and if that applies to you, I would just answer yes for so and so job and leave it at that. They just don't want you to lie and omit things.

Edit: Keep in mind, most employers if they have competent HR departments and don't want to get sued, do not disclose why they fired/disciplined their employees. When called they usually confirmed that you had worked there between such and such dates.

Edited by Jericho
Added info.

1 hour ago, tsanchez2828 said:

Hey y'all I got a question,for employment history will they really look into every job you had? (why you left or why you got fired) will it effect tour likelihood of getting hired? I got pre employment on the 8th so I'm just preparing myself

Theoretically, they can pull your social security history... So if you had a job that you paid taxes on, they can see it and they'll wanna know about it.   I got fired from two jobs and I listed why. No big deal. No one even asked about it through the process.

Another thing: cash jobs under the table are illegal/tax evasion. I'm sure none of you are that type of criminal and wouldn't want to put it in writing if you were, right? 🤔

8 minutes ago, Jericho said:

They want you to include every job you have had and write in the time periods you were unemployed as well. There's a section on the form where it asks if you were ever disciplined/fired, and if that applies to you, I would just answer yes for so and so job and leave it at that. They just don't want you to lie and omit things.

Edit: Keep in mind, most employers if they have competent HR departments and don't want to get sued, do not disclose why they fired/disciplined their employees. When called they usually confirmed that you had worked there between such and such dates.

Ok thanks for detailed reply,I was gonna be as honest as I can just didn't know if it would disqualify me cause of terminations I got when I was younger.