Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jrwave said:

For everyone here to know!!!

If your neck is over 17" and your BMI is over 35 you will have a medical hold! A sleep study must be done to clear it.

To find your BMI got to goggle and search BMI calculator, there you will put your weight and height and get results. If it's over it, start dieting now!!! 

I wonder if I can have the test done in advance as my neck is 18" but i'm 6 1/2 feet tall so I always have a bit more of everything lol

Okay, so apparently I got a notice for OPA exam for June 7th @ 9:30 am. I did not receive a notice in the mail for this but today I received a text and email informing me of a time change for my OPA … I scored a 95 (with out added points). My question is, how do I know where to go? I didn't receive a form with a testing center. Every number I get is a dead end. I emailed 2 different email addresses and no response. I don't want to miss out!!!!!!!! Anyone know where I can call, email or go to find this information out? I must add that I live upstate so driving to NYC during the week isn't ideal, I work Mon-Fri 😫 HELP!

@Cathy, congrats on getting the notice.  I also scored 95 and I'm waiting for the OPA notice.

Transit should have my current address, I updated them and they acknowledged the change of address, so maybe I'll receive an OPA notice myself in the next few weeks or months.

Transit hiring is I believe all done at 160 Livingston Street in downtown Brooklyn, pretty much across the street from the downtown Brooklyn Macy's. I believe it's Transit HQ which is down the street at 180 Livingston Street.

51 minutes ago, MTAhopefullMatt said:

@Cathy, congrats on getting the notice.  I also scored 95 and I'm waiting for the OPA notice.

Transit should have my current address, I updated them and they acknowledged the change of address, so maybe I'll receive an OPA notice myself in the next few weeks or months.

Transit hiring is I believe all done at 160 Livingston Street in downtown Brooklyn, pretty much across the street from the downtown Brooklyn Macy's. I believe it's Transit HQ which is down the street at 180 Livingston Street.

Thank you so much, I googled their address and got a number. Hopefully it will be beneficial... I really want to make sure I am present for this exam!

Finally got back from medical. Will be starting Monday. So excited. Today was a super long day. IT didnt help that I didnt eat and that I started feeling constipated around noon. Excited about the next step. Quick question. Did anybody do finger prints? I just got home and looked in my bag and saw that money order the email asked for. Totally forgot about it 

5 minutes ago, Gdsimmons646 said:

Finally got back from medical. Will be starting Monday. So excited. Today was a super long day. IT didnt help that I didnt eat and that I started feeling constipated around noon. Excited about the next step. Quick question. Did anybody do finger prints? I just got home and looked in my bag and saw that money order the email asked for. Totally forgot about it 

If you came from another city or mayoral agency, you didn't have to do fingerprints. That's what they told me yesterday. 

21 hours ago, Jrwave said:

For everyone here to know!!!

If your neck is over 17" and your BMI is over 35 you will have a medical hold! A sleep study must be done to clear it.

To find your BMI got to goggle and search BMI calculator, there you will put your weight and height and get results. If it's over it, start dieting now!!! 

I was caught a little off-guard when the doctor started talking about this. Had not heard it mentioned here before. Luckily I was good.

15 hours ago, tommy5402 said:

I was caught a little off-guard when the doctor started talking about this. Had not heard it mentioned here before. Luckily I was good.

Is it different if you're a male/female? Usually females are allowed more leeway because of our... lovely lady lumps... lol. Just curious. I gotta look up my BMI now.

5 hours ago, impatientAF said:

Is it different if you're a male/female? Usually females are allowed more leeway because of our... lovely lady lumps... lol. Just curious. I gotta look up my BMI now.

He did not mention the standards for females.

On another note, was anyone else able to order their boots, thats going in for Jun 4th?

11 minutes ago, tommy5402 said:

He did not mention the standards for females.

On another note, was anyone else able to order their boots, thats going in for Jun 4th?

I just got my boots yesterday but my medical was on the 23rd so I had more time to recieve them than those who got appointed this past week. 

12 minutes ago, Gdsimmons646 said:

So what are we to wear Monday? Is it business casual again? Or do we have to immediately adhere to the clothing rule in that green packet? 

Whatever it says on the green paper is what you wear starting monday

27 minutes ago, kellgh said:

To anyone who is hired and has an upcoming class for picking shoes:

DO NOT ORDER THE TIMS. 

The Caterpillars are the most comfortable.

That is all. 

I try for a slightly bigger size so i can put 1 or 2 orthotics in them.  I go for the Dr. Scholls Work gel and Dr. Scholls heavy duty pain relief with the original insert simultaneously.  

Feels like walking on clouds.

1 hour ago, kellgh said:

To anyone who is hired and has an upcoming class for picking shoes:

DO NOT ORDER THE TIMS. 

The Caterpillars are the most comfortable.

That is all. 

Is the website working for you? I’ve tied a couple times and saying there’s no domain with that name. 

Happy to have this opportunity, but a bit turned off by how everything was handled in terms of notice. I was at my old job for a long time and I wa wonky able to have Friday to say goodbye and let them know it was my last day. Now they want us to have all these things. Again, glad I have the opportunity, but everything just feels so rushed. 

2 minutes ago, Kabr79 said:

Happy to have this opportunity, but a bit turned off by how everything was handled in terms of notice. I was at my old job for a long time and I wa wonky able to have Friday to say goodbye and let them know it was my last day. Now they want us to have all these things. Again, glad I have the opportunity, but everything just feels so rushed. 

Tons of typos, sorry, holding a pile of shirts as I typed lol