Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

9 minutes ago, JoelPZ said:

I’m  low 1300s and they mentioned today during PE that we’d be considered for either June 4 or July 10. 

You lifted a huge weight off my shoulders. Thanks brother. Hoping to be in the June 4th class!!

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Sally08 said:

I thought that was only for the train operators?

No for everyone, they said you can't work for the city and owe money to the city. You had even transit employees there for promotion. They tried to hide the tickets. They found out made them go pay them too before continuing. 

1 hour ago, Jay0989 said:

Hey guys. I screwed up and accidentally didn’t leave space between 2 jobs when I was unemployed. What can I do?

Just write it in any space. They don't care where it is written just make sure you account for the dates. And reasons. If you want they have a guy there go over every paper with you to make sure things are right

25 minutes ago, 123melvin said:

Just write it in any space. They don't care where it is written just make sure you account for the dates. And reasons. If you want they have a guy there go over every paper with you to make sure things are right

Yeah the guy at orientation said it didn’t have to be in chronological order so put it anywhere 

This is all kinda confusing . The June class is a little over a month away and from the sound of it doesnt sound too full. But then again we still have folks with log numbers in the 400s (500 for me) who have already taken drug test and are waiting for medical emails. 

27 minutes ago, Mohamed said:

Hey everyone just for my record what's the OPA latest list number being called in ??

And what's the list number for Pre employment going in ?? 

Around 3500 for OPA, around 1500 for preemployment. Moving pretty quick.

2 minutes ago, Sixgvd94 said:

Do you by any chance happen to know the latest list number being called in for medicals? 

No idea. I've been trying to figure it out myself as I'm still waiting for my medical. From what I can see in this forum, around 500, but that's just guessing.

Edited by Bmpo7

I’m really discouraged at the moment seeing how fast this is moving in relation to my situation.

I’m still stuck in Florida until November when I graduate HVAC school. I’m #16xx and never received an OPA invite and even if I did, I wouldn’t be able to fly back to NY yet. My plan was to move back to NY by the time they reached 16xx but it seems they already passed me.

12 minutes ago, RedViper90 said:

I’m really discouraged at the moment seeing how fast this is moving in relation to my situation.

I’m still stuck in Florida until November when I graduate HVAC school. I’m #16xx and never received an OPA invite and even if I did, I wouldn’t be able to fly back to NY yet. My plan was to move back to NY by the time they reached 16xx but it seems they already passed me.

Why don't you call them and see if they could resend your OPA invite (which I'm sure they sent, you just probably didn't receive), then fly over here for 1 day just for the exam? Then once they reach your list number, just defer your preemployment until next year? But dude, definitely try to take that OPA, because I've never heard of someone deferring an OPA. Even if it means flying out here for just 1 day for the exam, try to make the sacrifice. 

I've read people on here saying that there is no weekend differential, but on the notice of examination it does say that there is both night and weekend differential. Anybody in transit know if there is in fact weekend differential. If so, how much?

1 hour ago, Bmpo7 said:

No idea. I've been trying to figure it out myself as I'm still waiting for my medical. From what I can see in this forum, around 500, but that's just guessing.

Not in the 500s yet, I'm low 500s and haven't got called for medical yet. I'm thinking low to mid 400s range

57 minutes ago, Bmpo7 said:

I've read people on here saying that there is no weekend differential, but on the notice of examination it does say that there is both night and weekend differential. Anybody in transit know if there is in fact weekend differential. If so, how much?

Weekend differential is night differential. You get it all weekend from Friday 6:00 pm to Monday 5:59 am