Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

First day went well! I loved it. Was working the 4 line and doing the same today and tomorrow.

@EAS 10 of us went to A and the other 10 I believe is going to B Div maybe more or less depending on what they chose.

@BreeBree Posting is when you another conductor rides with you to see if your operations are tight. It happens after completing most of the course.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone tell me where you would start work at everyday?  I live in Long Island now and am wondering if it’s practical to commute in for this job. 

I just got a call and email today about starting on the 24th. This is moving so fast I wasn’t prepared for it. 

8 minutes ago, playtoannoy said:

Can anyone tell me where you would start work at everyday?  I live in Long Island now and am wondering if it’s practical to commute in for this job. 

I just got a call and email today about starting on the 24th. This is moving so fast I wasn’t prepared for it. 

As of yet...the orientation is a zoom call and training is in Brooklyn. I think we are there for at least a month. I doubt think you will find out where you start from for a while, and it will vary...until your pick. But I think it's at the start of the lines either uptown or downtown. No idea really just thing hypothetically 

@BreeBree thanks. I may see you in class. I went in for the drug test on Tuesday and got a call this morning telling me they want to put me in the 5/24 class and to report to Bk tomorrow morning for medical and paperwork. 

Based on what I read here tho, I feel like I’ll get flagged for BMI on my physical tomorrow which I’m ok with because as of a week ago, I didn’t even see this coming and this is unfolding a bit quicker than I’d like. But if I do pass, then I should see you there!

2,3XX list #

1 hour ago, playtoannoy said:

@BreeBree thanks. I may see you in class. I went in for the drug test on Tuesday and got a call this morning telling me they want to put me in the 5/24 class and to report to Bk tomorrow morning for medical and paperwork. 

Based on what I read here tho, I feel like I’ll get flagged for BMI on my physical tomorrow which I’m ok with because as of a week ago, I didn’t even see this coming and this is unfolding a bit quicker than I’d like. But if I do pass, then I should see you there!

2,3XX list #

@playtoannoyyeah I got put on medical hold in Feb. But I did the sleep apnea test as quickly as possible and got it released by mid-March and got called for this class. Drug test again and medical again. But if you pass medical you get sworn in same day. Keep us posted! Look forward to seeing you on Monday. (via zoom lol)

@BreeBree Do you know what they want from you if you have sleep apnea? I was diagnosed with it years ago and used to use a cpap machine, but lost a good amount of weight and I stopped using it because I stopped snoring and now sleep soundly.  

After taking my drug test, I scheduled an appt with my cpap doctor for next week in case they ask for a note or another study, but I’m unsure what will happen when I tell them I used to use a cpap machine for my sleep apnea. 

9 minutes ago, playtoannoy said:

@BreeBree Do you know what they want from you if you have sleep apnea? I was diagnosed with it years ago and used to use a cpap machine, but lost a good amount of weight and I stopped using it because I stopped snoring and now sleep soundly.  

After taking my drug test, I scheduled an appt with my cpap doctor for next week in case they ask for a note or another study, but I’m unsure what will happen when I tell them I used to use a cpap machine for my sleep apnea. 

Bring a copy of the report with you just incase. Especially your results after being on it. I know they wanted it to be mild apenea with a >15 something . Sorry I don't remember exactly.

17 hours ago, playtoannoy said:

I'm also from LI and based on what I've read on here, I would suggest taking the train. Especially while on probation bc you can at least be excused if you're late bc of a delayed train, etc. They'll have a record of it. It'll be harder to be excused of tardiness if you hit construction traffic or an accident. 

You will be all over so definitely take the train. You’re only at the school for a week or four days after the orientation. It’s not easy but super rewarding when you finish! Like @BreeBreementioned lateness is not tolerated but you will find out more next week! Best of luck to you all!

2 hours ago, VKravitz said:

My question to either @EAS or @Hoakes is did you get paid while you were in school car ? Or did they make you wait like a month until your first check 

Hey Kravtiz. You get paid during school car. Starting I believe is $23.09, or if you’re eligible for the small contractual increase that just went in, then it may be $23.67. You’ll have to pick up paper checks at a location you choose during school car until you set up your direct deposit. 

6 hours ago, EAS said:

Hey Kravtiz. You get paid during school car. Starting I believe is $23.09, or if you’re eligible for the small contractual increase that just went in, then it may be $23.67. You’ll have to pick up paper checks at a location you choose during school car until you set up your direct deposit. 

Ok that’s nice to know. Thanks @EAS, appreciate everything you’ve been answering for the rookies. But I also meant do your get your first check during school car .

14 hours ago, VKravitz said:

Ok that’s nice to know. Thanks @EAS, appreciate everything you’ve been answering for the rookies. But I also meant do your get your first check during school car .

This week is a pay week for us, so you won’t get your first check for another two weeks. So around June 10th. Set up direct deposit today. You might not have to pick up your first check if you set it up ASAP.

Hey everyone, I finally got the canvassing/pre employment email and began filling it out. For those that got the application via email, did you guys submit copies of your SS#, Birth certificate, Drivers License and Diploma along with the pre employment application? It states to include required documents but there's no list of anything. Also, how long was the wait between the initial canvass email and the next step? I have to send everything back to them via email by Thursday. I appreciate any info. thanks in advance!

Hey there is a check off list. I think the more you’re able to send in and check off the better. I also have to reply by Thursday. 

Does anyone know the link or where I can find the list numbers ? I cant find my letter with my list number. I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

4 hours ago, DCSerra said:

Does anyone know the link or where I can find the list numbers ? I cant find my letter with my list number. I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Click here and type your last name into the search box on the top right hand side of the screen.

Good luck!!