Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Schecter said:

I wonder when they'll be sending out the rest of the OPAs to the other people who did good on the exam

See now that is to me at least a very important question... And how are they doing this.

Like if 10,000 people pass the first exam are they going to have 10,000 people take the OPA before the list go public or are they going to make the list public first then move forward. Or are they gonna to be hiring people as well as doing this OPA thing over the next 4 years after the list goes public.

1 hour ago, DrewMania said:

See now that is to me at least a very important question... And how are they doing this.

Like if 10,000 people pass the first exam are they going to have 10,000 people take the OPA before the list go public or are they going to make the list public first then move forward. Or are they gonna to be hiring people as well as doing this OPA thing over the next 4 years after the list goes public.

Idk I haven't taken the opa and I got 97.65% on my test, I'm just as confused 

9 minutes ago, LIRRMEDFORD said:

You have to calculate the questions that the MTA might have thrown away from the protests. This can make scores vary greatly. Maybe even perhaps they are doing the OPA alphabetically? My last name starts with D

That sucks that they'd throw away questions ugh which means my score could be lower 😑

3 hours ago, LIRRMEDFORD said:

You have to calculate the questions that the MTA might have thrown away from the protests. This can make scores vary greatly. Maybe even perhaps they are doing the OPA alphabetically? My last name starts with D

I’m not to sure about that. My last name starts with a B and my first starts with a A so I would be at the front of the list regardless lmao. The perks! Gift and a curse! 

The OPA test is not by alphabetical order. That we can tell by the responses on this very thread.    The official list is based on your score.  The OPA is the second phase of the exam, which has nothing to do nor does it affect your score.  It’s a process of elimination with the OPA pass/fail.  If you fail that you’re eliminated regardless if you have 100% score.  I can see now why notices for the OPA would go out prior to the official list.   It’s safe to assume that those that got over 90% will either get a notice to report to the second phase (OPA) test first or will get their official results with list # first depending on the wait.   I have a feeling that the OPA will be the second phase of elimination, and then finally your medical/drug/background check will be the 3rd phase of elimination.   Once you pass all 3 phases the last phase is actually training and going to school car class which is around six weeks I believe.   If you fail from that, which essentially is the final phase, you’re out.   Hope that helps.  

ugh, I'm going to have to email these MTA guys again to verify my mailing address. already did earlier this year and when I went to email them again today to verify, they said they just updated it to the new address now. that said, they did say the following:

Your address was updated.  For your information, the list for Conductor has not yet been established.  You should receive your letter of results in the mail within the next 6 to eight months.

Edited by SevenEleven

59 minutes ago, leaveORbust said:

ugh, I'm going to have to email these MTA guys again to verify my mailing address. already did earlier this year and when I went to email them again today to verify, they said they just updated it to the new address now. that said, they did say the following:

Your address was updated.  For your information, the list for Conductor has not yet been established.  You should receive your letter of results in the mail within the next 6 to eight months.

I wouldn't worry about that. It seems like different workers give different answers it's very disorganized. Someone posted a couple pages back the exams unit replying that the list was supposed to be established by the end of this year, and judging by how the top scorers have been getting letters to come down for the OPA one can insinuate that they have the 'final' list ready.

I go in for my OPA tomorrow. I'm not worried so much about the actual speaking, but the oral memory part has me a little nervous. 

12 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Do you guys have any idea what type of drug test they five out, idk if it's the same as the nypd or different 

Urine.  Looking for the usual controlled substances, narcotics, barbituates, opiates, amphetamines, and thc.  Also looks at alcohol as well.  

Last time I was there, they mentioned failure of the drug test prohibits you from applying to an MTA job for 2 years.  Correct me if I am wrong.  Inability to produce an adequate amount of urine (for my experience it was 3oz - 4oz) or leaving before getting discharge papers results in a failure.

It is a safety sensitive position so it is understandable, I'm surprised more positions don't test for alcohol. A few drinks here and there is understandable, but if you can't drink at all that would be very restrictive and I can see some employees or testers failing. My great uncle who was a conductor for the subway for quite some time use to drink heavily actually passed from liver failure. Lol just a perspective :P

How about in terms of the OPA that some people are getting and that some people aren't getting?

14 minutes ago, SafeDrive8 said:

Anyone wondering how the list will be ordered: of course your score comes 1st. then the next variable to decide where you fall is last four of s.s. #

- God Bless 

18 hours ago, Dave2836 said:

Urine.  Looking for the usual controlled substances, narcotics, barbituates, opiates, amphetamines, and thc.  Also looks at alcohol as well.  

Last time I was there, they mentioned failure of the drug test prohibits you from applying to an MTA job for 2 years.  Correct me if I am wrong.  Inability to produce an adequate amount of urine (for my experience it was 3oz - 4oz) or leaving before getting discharge papers results in a failure.

How do you know if you failed a drug test? Do you get a letter in the mail stating such thing?

4 hours ago, 123melvin said:

Hello everyone. Finally can reply. I know someone who went for the opa and with in a month he was called back to see doctors and speak to union. He said he was in 45 day total. He was from 8094 test non promo.

Interesting. How long ago was he hired?