2015 MTA Bus Roadeo

MTA Bus

does this thing cost money? and where is it?

Of course it cost money. They have to fuel the buses pay the drivers and step up other things. They have the Roadeo in a few different places. The had it at Floyd Bennett Field in Brooklyn and I believe they had one in downtown Brooklyn the exact location I don't know.

Of course it cost money. They have to fuel the buses pay the drivers and step up other things. They have the Roadeo in a few different places. The had it at Floyd Bennett Field in Brooklyn and I believe they had one in downtown Brooklyn the exact location I don't know.

I think he meant if you need to pay to see the roadeo, not the cost for putting together such an event...

does this thing cost money? and where is it?

It's still up for debate from what I am hearing, yet it should be free as it has been in the past... 

NYCT Roadeo is at Floyd Bennett. Downtown is just "Atlantic Antic" not a roadeo. It should also be combined with MTA Bus this year if they continue the tradition of the last roadeo. Prior to that MTAB and LIB had a separate Roadeo in Queens.

I've heard in the past that only MTA employees can go. Is this still true or are all people allowed now?

I never worked for the TA and I went to the Roadeo twice. They had a shuttle bus from Kings Plaza to the Roadeo site that was free. IDK what they will do this time around though.

• 4 weeks later...

what exactly goes on at the roadeo?

Its a competition between drivers to see who can drive best on a fixed course + a BBQ with Museum buses on display with random active fleet buses.

They always repaint the buses used in the active rodeo competition too. They usually used RTSs but I think they will used the Hybrids this time around... RTSs are too old to be used to at this kinda event IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

Today's the day the rodeo starts. Here are a few questions:

1. Is it MTA employees only, or the public can attend?

2. Do you have to pay for admission, or is it free?

3. Where do you enter the event?

and

4. Is there a shuttle bus that serves the rodeo? If so, where do you have to board it at?

Thanks.

Archived