R211 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So weird how the R211T sets have the extra features on and the other A sets don’t…..at this point I think the train operators just don’t want to turn them on or they forgot that protocol, not trynna offend any real TO’s here, it would be appreciative if someone could explain the reasoning thank you 

On 1/30/2024 at 5:43 PM, Ale188 said:

So I'm guessing 4085-89 and 4195-99 still at CIY? My predictions will be 

4085-89x4075-79

4135-39x4195-99

For now at least

That could be a possible since 4085-89 will be the last one to go back in service once the set gets fixed. The new set 4195-99 could go either way with 4135-39 or 4190-4194 that’s already been at South Brooklyn which should be at Coney Island yards. 

5 hours ago, Chris89292 said:

So weird how the R211T sets have the extra features on and the other A sets don’t…..at this point I think the train operators just don’t want to turn them on or they forgot that protocol, not trynna offend any real TO’s here, it would be appreciative if someone could explain the reasoning thank you 

If I’m not mistaken, bugs were found in the software on the pilot set so they were disabled until it was sorted out. The 211A I rode today didn’t have them. 

43 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

If I’m not mistaken, bugs were found in the software on the pilot set so they were disabled until it was sorted out. The 211A I rode today didn’t have them. 

@Metro CSW What you was saying about the pilots????? 😂😂😂😂😂

16 hours ago, LGA Link N Train said:

Both sets are running?

Sorry, should have mentioned. I just assumed everybody knew that detail already.

I will say that I've seen the debut of every car from 160 on and the fanfare the Ts got was nothing I've ever seen. People not only impressed, but COMPLIMENTING the MTA for putting our money to the right stuff and asking for MORE.

(All options better be Ts. The public, from what I saw in EIGHT HOURS, want them)

Smiles, pictures, people testing the gangways and re-learning the art of balance. It felt amazing to be a railfan yesterday. A feeling I haven't felt since.....the first time I got to ride the ToMC? I can't even remember the last time I was on a train, or even in the system, for that long.

Normally, I'd say the future is bright, but I learned some shit yesterday that killed that for me.

Just......yare yare......

Edited by LTA1992

1 hour ago, LTA1992 said:

Sorry, should have mentioned. I just assumed everybody knew that detail already.

I will say that I've seen the debut of every car from 160 on and the fanfare the Ts got was nothing I've ever seen. People not only impressed, but COMPLIMENTING the MTA for putting our money to the right stuff and asking for MORE.

(All options better be Ts. The public, from what I saw in EIGHT HOURS, want them)

Smiles, pictures, people testing the gangways and re-learning the art of balance. It felt amazing to be a railfan yesterday. A feeling I haven't felt since.....the first time I got to ride the ToMC? I can't even remember the last time I was on a train, or even in the system, for that long.

Normally, I'd say the future is bright, but I learned some shit yesterday that killed that for me.

Just......yare yare......

Team hard shell or soft shell?

1 hour ago, Ale188 said:

Wait, wait, wait. I'm straight up confused. It went into service and got taken out why? Was it time to go to Pit? Problems already? Like damn, it's been only 1 day.

I believe it ran all day yesterday until about 9 or 10pm, not in service today yet. 

31 minutes ago, MJHmarc said:

I believe it ran all day yesterday until about 9 or 10pm, not in service today yet. 

I seen a post from a facebook group (Transit Photos & Videos) confirming it's in service today also.

5 hours ago, Ale188 said:

Wait, wait, wait. I'm straight up confused. It went into service and got taken out why? Was it time to go to Pit? Problems already? Like damn, it's been only 1 day.

Bare in mind they start laying up trains early in the evening aswell as not all crews are trained yet. 

21 hours ago, Chris89292 said:

that's not something the crew can control. It's just not part of the programing on the 211As at the moment. 

17 minutes ago, MJHmarc said:

C line GO this weekend starts at 945pm tonight, so the T will be on break until Monday. 

The GO makes the (A)(C)(E) express between Canal St and 59 St-Columbus Circle, and the T is allowed to run express in this section, since only three local stops are skipped, and between each local stop are two express stations.