ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, kev2112 said:

Medical today took 6 hours. Passed all exams including neck size. But I have to get a sleep study due to my BMI being too high. 

That sucks. Which level BMI causes you to need a sleep study? I always thought it was both BMI and neck size together. 

29 minutes ago, Ironbravo said:

I’m just curious i’m not 15xx and haven’t been called for medical but you those of you in the 17s have and sworn in…….am I missing something?

Either you were suppose to get a letter in the mail stating you were eliminated via the 1 in 3 rule or they forgot about you (which has happened!). Either way, I would contact Michelle Vargas and see what your situation is.

Michelle.Rivera-Vargas@nyct.com

Edited by Jericho

2 hours ago, Harlem said:

That sucks. Which level BMI causes you to need a sleep study? I always thought it was both BMI and neck size together. 

I’m not 100% sure but I believe I saw on one of the medical forms that it’s under 34 BMI and 17 neck size

7 hours ago, kev2112 said:

Medical today took 6 hours. Passed all exams including neck size. But I have to get a sleep study due to my BMI being too high. 

I’m sure I’m gonna have to get a sleep study..do they send u to one of their places or just advise u to get one?

4 minutes ago, N930 said:

I’m sure I’m gonna have to get a sleep study..do they send u to one of their places or just advise u to get one?

I think you go to one that your doctor refers you to, my advise is to get one done in advance just in case, that way you have the documentation if they say something just make sure the paper work isn't too old.

1 hour ago, Schecter said:

I think you go to one that your doctor refers you to, my advise is to get one done in advance just in case, that way you have the documentation if they say something just make sure the paper work isn't too old.

MTA doctor told me…”note from doctor or advance test is not valid”  I would suggest making an appointment in advance but don’t waste your time getting the test

9 hours ago, Jericho said:

Either you were suppose to get a letter in the mail stating you were eliminated via the 1 in 3 rule or they forgot about you (which has happened!). Either way, I would contact Michelle Vargas and see what your situation is.

Michelle.Rivera-Vargas@nyct.com

So I just searched for that email , had the conditional offer sent to me July 9th and didn’t find it till now, so I emailed her waiting on a response to see what I can do .

14 minutes ago, Ironbravo said:

So I just searched for that email , had the conditional offer sent to me July 9th and didn’t find it till now, so I emailed her waiting on a response to see what I can do .

😮 I wish you the best of luck I hope she can get you into the August 30th class 

21 hours ago, kev2112 said:

I'm sorry man. That sucks. That's exactly what I'm afraid of happening to me. My BMI's hovering around 32-33 roughly, which is right under the wire. Figure I got a week or two to try to shed some pounds to help it. My blood pressure's right at the edge too, hovering between 120/75 to 135/95. Need to get that down too. I've been prepping for this medical for a couple years now, losing almost 100 pounds so far and staying active but even with that I'll be able to slide by only if I'm lucky it looks like. Hope they let you take your shoes off before weighing you. lol

35 minutes ago, dee-bees said:

I'm sorry man. That sucks. That's exactly what I'm afraid of happening to me. My BMI's hovering around 32-33 roughly, which is right under the wire. Figure I got a week or two to try to shed some pounds to help it. My blood pressure's right at the edge too, hovering between 120/75 to 135/95. Need to get that down too. I've been prepping for this medical for a couple years now, losing almost 100 pounds so far and staying active but even with that I'll be able to slide by only if I'm lucky it looks like. Hope they let you take your shoes off before weighing you. lol

Losing 100 lbs is an amazing accomplishment man. Don't get discouraged if u miss the august class as I'm sure as hell there will be more. 

And once u get here try to maintain your weight loss because u will gain some down here. Believe me 😂

1 hour ago, dee-bees said:

Well done  on the weight loss. I’ve lost 40 pounds this year myself.  Like i said I did “excellent” (doctor’s words) on all the other tests including neck size. I don’t agree with it (I have no symptoms of sleep apnea) but given the trust we will be given as operators I understand the need to eliminate all doubt.  I have a consultation scheduled for Wednesday and am hoping to get a take home test kit. Really hoping I can get my spot in the August class. 

1 hour ago, dee-bees said:

Congratulations on the weight loss!  Well played!  They subtract five pounds for clothing and shoes. Your BMI and pressure are on point too. If your neck circumference is LESS than 17 inches, and EKG are normal, you’re golden. Good luck

5 minutes ago, Embalmman said:

Congratulations on the weight loss!  Well played!  They subtract five pounds for clothing and shoes. Your BMI and pressure are on point too. If your neck circumference is LESS than 17 inches, and EKG are normal, you’re golden. Good luck

My neck was 16.5 and my ekg was “excellent”  I’m on hold and have to get a sleep study