ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

33 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

I had a strong suspicion they would skip February. Short month and 2 classes in January. 

Means I'll probably have to take another drug test since mine expires february 16th.

Also means another 2 months AT LEAST at my shit job. 

f**kit it is what it is. 

I hear ya. Mine expires Feb 28th. All good though. We will get there eventually

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, 2nice said:

U guys really think feb being 2-3days short of a reg full month is a reason for why they might skip that month lol. If they need people that wouldn't matter at all.

Like I said, the fact that there were 2 classes in January, with the 2nd being at the end of the month, made me suspect that February would be skipped. I didn't say that's the reason, just that it made me suspect February would be skipped. 

4 hours ago, MarkGuy said:

Why skip feb just cause it is a short month? I can understand maybe skipping bc there are two jan classes though.

I'm going to hope this is just a rumor and they're not skipping any months but if it is true then I'm probably not getting in til at least summer time with an 111x list number.

It’s not a rumor. I was at PS248 Thursday and Friday and that’s from a superintendent 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️.

3 hours ago, 2nice said:

U guys really think feb being 2-3days short of a reg full month is a reason for why they might skip that month lol. If they need people that wouldn't matter at all.

More than likely it was the amount of school car TSS’s available and timing. That’s probably why they made two classes in January. The April thing is up in the air from what I was told, but it looks like they are skipping it. But hey, what do I know😉😂🤷‍♂️

27 minutes ago, JoseL1992 said:

Just found out that there will be no more classes for at least 3 months 

Do you think it's because of the L train not shutting down?  Maybe they don't need as many people?    MTA has figured out a way to do construction w/o the shutdown. 

2 hours ago, LEO1990 said:

does anyone know what rule 4.7.1 of the rules and regulations in accordance to the personnel director actually means? i tried to speak with people on the phone but couldnt get an answer

Look up the 1n 3 rule in civil service law. Usually agencies use this rule as an excuse in not selecting you. Did you get a letter of disqualification?

49 minutes ago, TAI STUNNER said:

Look up the 1n 3 rule in civil service law. Usually agencies use this rule as an excuse in not selecting you. Did you get a letter of disqualification?

yes i did. so you are saying that even though i scored exceptionally on this test, and met all of the other requirements, it was still always a random 33.3% chance that id be hired? lol that is the most ridiculous rule ive ever heard. is there some legal action i can take?

9 minutes ago, LEO1990 said:

yes i did. so you are saying that even though i scored exceptionally on this test, and met all of the other requirements, it was still always a random 33.3% chance that id be hired? lol that is the most ridiculous rule ive ever heard. is there some legal action i can take?

It really doesn’t matter how well you did on the exam. If during pre-employment, they find something unfavorable in your paperwork they will disqualify you and use that rule to justify their determination. By unfavorable, I mean you owe tickets, a bad driving record, certain instances of termination from employment or city employment. Most of all dishonesty. Transit will hire people with a criminal past but will not deal with liars. If you are squeaky clean then yes, get a lawyer. Do you have a feeling why they may have disqualified you?

On 1/4/2019 at 3:42 PM, JoseL1992 said:

Just found out that there will be no more classes for at least 3 months 

This is true. I was in class at Schoolcar on Friday 1/4 and was told this by a TTS, who was just notified by the Asst. Directer of Schoolcar (that was buzzing around all day Thurs & Fri) that there is a hiring freeze for all titles in RTO........ If you paid attention here on this forum (this thread and other RTO titles) and at P/E...... if you ever even went to P/E that is...... Hiring and all projected hiring's are done by quarters and in RTO, this quarter ends in January. This is why after the official list was established in September, we all found out about the classes in Nov, Dec, and Jan around the same time.............. and hence why JoseL stated 3 months above............ 

On 1/4/2019 at 5:19 PM, Gherigfan1 said:

Don’t believe it. Or do what you want. Ms Vargas ain’t school car. She does what she’s told. Like I said, I spoke with a superintendent in school car. But again, what do I know.

This not to say Gherigfan is wrong..............he is probably....... definitely right when he heard about the staggering month hiring on I believe he said around Thurs-Fri...12/27-28.....late December. I point this out to illustrate how fast things can change when the powers that be....do what they do........and how fast this hiring freeze can be called off........and to not get hopes to high or dreams delayed, but to know what we're dealing with....... and what can happen.....

Let's lay off Ms. Vargas.....she's in charge of all hiring in RTO and Hiring and Schoolcar go hand in hand........and especially so because she's the only one from HR down at 180 Livingston that ever been honest and forthright ........forthcoming with the Q & A's we've been killing her with on the phone.......LOL.......... 

On 1/4/2019 at 4:13 PM, msmcmillan said:

Do you think it's because of the L train not shutting down?  Maybe they don't need as many people?    MTA has figured out a way to do construction w/o the shutdown. 

Personally.......... IMO I think this is happening because of the directive handed down by Fernando Ferrer, the Acting Chair of MTA to streamline budget..........but, this time they are extending it to the Safety Sensitive Operations part also........

If you guys want to see that directive, go back a few pages and click the link.......... 

On 1/4/2019 at 3:18 PM, Gherigfan1 said:

We have a ton of people retiring this year. The new contract is making folks wonder what they might lose. So people will be out before May in droves. Don’t worry, they need folks badly. You’ll get here. Good luck!

What is it about this new contract that's making so many people retire? 

1 hour ago, BigCountry said:

Personally.......... IMO I think this is happening because of the directive handed down by Fernando Ferrer, the Acting Chair of MTA to streamline budget..........but, this time they are extending it to the Safety Sensitive Operations part also........

If you guys want to see that directive, go back a few pages and click the link.......... 

👋 I am a train operator, I’m pretty well versed in who’s in charge of what. That being said,  that bulletin wasn’t directed at RTO. If you read it, it explains essential positions are exempt. RTO IS ESSENTIAL 🤦‍♂️. My point, 🤷‍♂️. Just saying there’s no freeze for RTO. There will be classes and you will be called. Relax, it’s all coming around. I’m only on here to watch for my wife’s cousin being called and possibly give some insight. I’m just gonna watch from this point on. Y’all seem to have it under control 🤦‍♂️. Good luck😉