ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

4 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

Ok I see. Btw someone at pre-employ in the conductor thread is saying they were told another class is on July. Idk if it includes t/os though. 

Yeah the following classes are June 10th July 14th for conductor he pulled the T/Os in a room separately and probably told them something else but we didnt hear what was said to the T/Os

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Yeah the following classes are June 10th July 14th for conductor he pulled the T/Os in a room separately and probably told them something else but we didnt hear what was said to the T/Os

This sounds promising.

11 minutes ago, Poconodanno said:

Only thing he told us today was 60 to be hired for 6/11 start 

That’s  depressing. Idk why they need to hire 200 c/r’s and around the same number of t/os but they’re giving more conductor classes. Almost like they’re deemphasizing train ops.

So my list # is 11**. I didn't get a letter or call for pre-employment. I appealed and had my appeal approved but no letter for pre-employment. Anyone know the highest list number they called for the recent P/E's?

5 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

That’s  depressing. Idk why they need to hire 200 c/r’s and around the same number of t/os but they’re giving more conductor classes. Almost like they’re deemphasizing train ops.

That’s not really the case, if they sent out an order for 225 T/Os more than likely it will be split up in multiple classes. Apparently the April 29th class had only 25 ppl, which might have been the last round up of one of those 200+ request. They didn’t have enough TSSs to teach the classes which is why it slowed up. remember the training for B division T/Os is 9 months, C/R is just 6 weeks. Again just be ready when they call, get your job and resident history together and that will help your process go smoother!!

6 minutes ago, Harlem said:

So my list # is 11**. I didn't get a letter or call for pre-employment. I appealed and had my appeal approved but no letter for pre-employment. Anyone know the highest list number they called for the recent P/E's?

If I were you I would go to 180 Livingston during one of the P/Es and let them know you might have missed the call, letter, email and you never know they might process you then and there! Wouldn’t hurt! 

26 minutes ago, Imhim said:

That’s not really the case, if they sent out an order for 225 T/Os more than likely it will be split up in multiple classes. Apparently the April 29th class had only 25 ppl, which might have been the last round up of one of those 200+ request. They didn’t have enough TSSs to teach the classes which is why it slowed up. remember the training for B division T/Os is 9 months, C/R is just 6 weeks. Again just be ready when they call, get your job and resident history together and that will help your process go smoother!!

If I were you I would go to 180 Livingston during one of the P/Es and let them know you might have missed the call, letter, email and you never know they might process you then and there! Wouldn’t hurt! 

So they already may have finished with the t/o request for 225 bodies? Or not, and they’re going to likely have more classes very soon? 

5 minutes ago, Harlem said:

Thanks for the advice Imhim. I'll call them tomorrow. Do you know the documents required for the P/E?

If I were you I’d scroll back a couple pages, to check for the P/E dates. Honestly they might not answer if they’re having P/Es to fill that class for next month. Either go tomorrow or Monday because I know Monday definitely is a P/E someone in here mentioned. I would bring high school diploma, passport and/or drivers license, resume, just in case you don’t remember jobs off the top of your head and also that approved appeal letter. 

6 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

So they already may have finished with the t/o request for 225 bodies? Or not, and they’re going to likely have more classes very soon? 

I’m not sure if they finished or not, I don’t work in HR, but if the request was put in at the beginning of May, they couldn’t have gotten through it already. There’s a dude in my induction class that told us he was told to come in for P/E and to stand by because someone might drop out the class, literally the Friday before we started he was sworn in. So you never know what can happen. My class had 71 ppl to start, maybe 72, but when we got down to the school it was 70. Not sure how the class sizes after mine were, haven’t heard much from about the classes, but again, just keep up with the number count called and hang in there! Your number will be called, hopefully sooner than later!

10 minutes ago, Imhim said:

I’m not sure if they finished or not, I don’t work in HR, but if the request was put in at the beginning of May, they couldn’t have gotten through it already. There’s a dude in my induction class that told us he was told to come in for P/E and to stand by because someone might drop out the class, literally the Friday before we started he was sworn in. So you never know what can happen. My class had 71 ppl to start, maybe 72, but when we got down to the school it was 70. Not sure how the class sizes after mine were, haven’t heard much from about the classes, but again, just keep up with the number count called and hang in there! Your number will be called, hopefully sooner than later!

I hope they can run through to the 1100s for medical for the June class. But 200 plus people would have to defer, fail drug testing, fail medical, have open cases or just turn it down and doubt that’ many people will do that in a small timeframe. 

Thank you, I hope you’re right.

39 minutes ago, Imhim said:

If I were you I’d scroll back a couple pages, to check for the P/E dates. Honestly they might not answer if they’re having P/Es to fill that class for next month. Either go tomorrow or Monday because I know Monday definitely is a P/E someone in here mentioned. I would bring high school diploma, passport and/or drivers license, resume, just in case you don’t remember jobs off the top of your head and also that approved appeal letter. 

Thanks. Do you have to submit the job history info the day of the P/E or is that taken home?

1 hour ago, Harlem said:

Thanks for the advice Imhim. I'll call them tomorrow. Do you know the documents required for the P/E?

Birth certificate, social security card, high school or GED diploma. These must all be original. And also all the jobs starting from the age of 18 until now.

6 minutes ago, Harlem said:

Thanks. Do you have to submit the job history info the day of the P/E or is that taken home?

Yeah they make you submit one and they give you a packet to go home with which has work history on there as well as a few other things. 

5 hours ago, Harlem said:

116x , so nothing yet. Last and only PE was in November. 

5 minutes ago, Productions27 said:

116x , so nothing yet. Last and only PE was in November. 

Well possibly they'll be a 2nd class in July I know conductor has two classes one June 10th and the next one July 14th so hopefully we T/O can make it a class a month as well to speed up the hiring process with the list numbers 

Also...anyone going in for P/E and filled out the paperwork that was emailed...it is the old form and they will make you redo it. If the first page of P/E application says  they require 10 year work history, it is the old form. The newest form will come in the mail. I had to redo mine listing each employer since I graduated HS in 1990...

We actually had somebody from the front office answering questions. Delayed the process a bit because he was cool enough to answer every question asked. 

One thing I heard that is weird is some lady (I assume Ms Vargas but idk what she looks like) said we might not get to pick for 2 and a half years and might not get weekends off for 10 years lol. I hope this is just a gross exaggeration. 

She also said that everybody that has been processed this week has a good chance at one of the 2 classes, june and July. Everybody coming in next week she can't guarantee. I know it sucks to hear but I'm seeing a lot of people here for train operator who I have seen 2 times previously as well. So unless u are coming in for your 3rd pe, be patient because you may not be in these 2 upcoming classes. 

12 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

She also said that everybody that has been processed this week has a good chance at one of the 2 classes, june and July. Everybody coming in next week she can't guarantee. I know it sucks to hear but I'm seeing a lot of people here for train operator who I have seen 2 times previously as well. So unless u are coming in for your 3rd pe, be patient because you may not be in these 2 upcoming classes. 

So there's a July class too?

2 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

So there's a July class too?

Yea she said they are looking to hire 60 TOs and 40 Conductors in June and July each. She also said they are trying to fill 180 train operator vacancies but she doesn't know about a class beyond July just yet. Sounds like there will be 3 classes of 60 each for to. I forgot how many vacancies she mentioned for conductor. 

Just now, acabral136 said:

Yea she said they are looking to hire 60 TOs and 40 Conductors in June and July each. She also said they are trying to fill 180 train operator vacancies but she doesn't know about a class beyond July just yet. Sounds like there will be 3 classes of 60 each for TO. I forgot how many vacancies she mentioned for conductor. 

3 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

Yea she said they are looking to hire 60 TOs and 40 Conductors in June and July each. She also said they are trying to fill 180 train operator vacancies but she doesn't know about a class beyond July just yet. Sounds like there will be 3 classes of 60 each for to. I forgot how many vacancies she mentioned for conductor. 

I wonder if They may have to go over 100 people to fill those classes, so maybe 11xxs might have a shot for July.