ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Msmcmillan for the number. Productions27 did not want to provide the number for some apparent reason.  We are all trying to get a job on this feed least you can do is look out for one another. Wasn’t asking for your spouses  number  Productions27i m literally on this feed trying to obtain valuable information and ask questions pertaining to the position. 

25 minutes ago, Future4me said:

Thank you Msmcmillan for the number. Productions27 did not want to provide the number for some apparent reason.  We are all trying to get a job on this feed least you can do is look out for one another. Wasn’t asking for your spouses  number  Productions27i m literally on this feed trying to obtain valuable information and ask questions pertaining to the position. 

Hmmm, if I'm not mistaken I think we all get called on that same number. But, I could be wrong!

2 hours ago, Future4me said:

Future4me, I don’t have the phone number. I understand why you would want to save the number on your contacts, but remember an agency like the MTA sends out automated phone calls via switchboards. Even if you had saved the a number, it’s possible you would get a call with the same area code but with a different prefix. I know that most people nowadays won’t answer a call if they don’t recognize the number, so with that being said, if you hear the phone ring and you don’t know the number, answer it. I hope this helps and get the message across. Have a great weekend.

I declined the job back in November, but they still want me to come on May 23. List #107x.

The reason I declined is that I took the test just to see if I could possibly get employment at age 59 at the time (now 61).  I am retired and leading a good life, so as I said in a previous post I want to see someone get this job because they need it, especially those who have young families or those whose living conditions will improve with decent pay and good benefits.  For me, it is just a dream I had since I was a child.  I have a huge model railroad layout consisting of subways and scratch built structures including elevated lines and stations.  Also, I am in the process of building routes in openBVE.  They are great substitutes for the real thing.   There is probably someone far down the list that will get this job and be thankful for it. I am happy to give my possible employment to that person.

6 hours ago, GGTrain said:

I declined the job back in November, but they still want me to come on May 23. List #107x.

The reason I declined is that I took the test just to see if I could possibly get employment at age 59 at the time (now 61).  I am retired and leading a good life, so as I said in a previous post I want to see someone get this job because they need it, especially those who have young families or those whose living conditions will improve with decent pay and good benefits.  For me, it is just a dream I had since I was a child.  I have a huge model railroad layout consisting of subways and scratch built structures including elevated lines and stations.  Also, I am in the process of building routes in openBVE.  They are great substitutes for the real thing.   There is probably someone far down the list that will get this job and be thankful for it. I am happy to give my possible employment to that person.

Thank you for being selfless, but I just want to say it's never too late to live a childhood dream. I don't know your situation but why not give it a shot? Even for just a few years or just to train and get to drive a real train for a while. I understand you wouldn't want to take up a spot for someone else but since u said it was a childhood dream I imagine it would be amazing for you to do it. 

Still, I appreciate your selflessness and humility! 

1 hour ago, acabral136 said:

Thank you for being selfless, but I just want to say it's never too late to live a childhood dream. I don't know your situation but why not give it a shot? Even for just a few years or just to train and get to drive a real train for a while. I understand you wouldn't want to take up a spot for someone else but since u said it was a childhood dream I imagine it would be amazing for you to do it. 

Still, I appreciate your selflessness and humility! 

Thank you.  I firmly believe that there should be an age limit also.  This job entails a lot of responsibility.  Think about it. You are in the driver's seat transporting up to 2500 people. At one-time airline pilots were forced to retire at 60 (now 65).  I'm in decent shape, but not what I used to be.  This job is not easy work.

I feel honored to be considered for employment.  That is all I wanted. My situation is this: I cannot be dedicated to the job as required.  You must eat, breathe, and sleep transit, at least for the first year.  My wife wants to travel, enjoy the summer, hit the beaches, etc..  So do I.  I have the resources to do so.  So will a lot of those on here that will be hopefully retired at my age with a decent pension.

I see that many are really pumped up and enthusiastic. That is great and I am sure they will make great transit workers.

26 minutes ago, FatboyNYC said:

all these guys coming in for pre employment, anyone know when's the next class scheduled for or have an idea?

Might be June, I asked but they didn’t know hopefully by Wednesday at pre employment they will have the date, I’ll post on here if anything 

4 hours ago, GGTrain said:

Thank you.  I firmly believe that there should be an age limit also.  This job entails a lot of responsibility.  Think about it. You are in the driver's seat transporting up to 2500 people. At one-time airline pilots were forced to retire at 60 (now 65).  I'm in decent shape, but not what I used to be.  This job is not easy work.

I feel honored to be considered for employment.  That is all I wanted. My situation is this: I cannot be dedicated to the job as required.  You must eat, breathe, and sleep transit, at least for the first year.  My wife wants to travel, enjoy the summer, hit the beaches, etc..  So do I.  I have the resources to do so.  So will a lot of those on here that will be hopefully retired at my age with a decent pension.

I see that many are really pumped up and enthusiastic. That is great and I am sure they will make great transit workers.

I see.. That's awesome though, I'm glad you are enjoying your retirement. You are living my goal which is to have the resources to travel and enjoy my retirement when I get there. This job will certainly help with that. 

Again I thank you and wish you all the best going forward! 

Something just hit me that should've been obvious. If they wanna hire 225 t/o's by summer, then that means theyre gonna schedule quite a few classes for the few months (barring the impossibility they have like 100 people per class suddenly.)

1 hour ago, MarkGuy said:

Something just hit me that should've been obvious. If they wanna hire 225 t/o's by summer, then that means theyre gonna schedule quite a few classes for the few months (barring the impossibility they have like 100 people per class suddenly.)

I agree with you 💯

4 hours ago, MarkGuy said:

Or probably classes every month or two classes a month samething for conductors they're hiring 200 people first class is June 10th 

24 minutes ago, JoseL1992 said:

Found out next class  for TO goes in June 10th same day the conductor class begins 

Did Vargas tell u that? She isn’t picking up when I call. Wonder if they’ll reach the 1100s for that class. Thx!

17 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

Did Vargas tell u that? She isn’t picking up when I call. Wonder if they’ll reach the 1100s for that class. Thx!

I called last week and today and got no answer as well. 16xx and hoping

26 minutes ago, kev2112 said:

I don't think 1600s will get called yet, I'm in the 1300s and wont get called this time around even though I was hoping for it since I'm on an outstanding certification again lol

48 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

I guess I got lucky lol yeah she answered 

but honestly you deff will get called but I chances are is not going to be for June, I’m 79x and I’m not even 100% sure I’ll make the next class cause remember there are way lower numbers that deferred and may process for this class 

20 minutes ago, kev2112 said:

list number 112x was the highest number called so far from reading the forums.

im list 115x and have not received anything yet, I will post if I receive anything to update the forums.