ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, NycHopeful718 said:

Couple questions:

1) what is the sleep apnea test?

2) can it keep you from being hired if it is confirmed you have sleep apnea?

1. There's several different types of test but they all require analyzing your oxygen intake during sleep and how many times u wake up gasping for breath. If your neck is a certain size, mta wants u to get a letter from a doctor stating either that u don't have aepna or that u do have it but are using the cpap machine to regulate your sleep oxygen intake. 

2. It won't stop u from being hired as long as u comply with the doctor's orders. They just don't want anybody falling asleep while driving a train in a dark tunnel. I know somebody who had aepna and he would fall asleep mid-sentence on me. 

On 5/24/2019 at 11:38 AM, Productions27 said:

Any news MarkGuy?

I heard from some others that they heard of an August class as well. But since it was my second time there They kept me away from orientation. So I couldn’t ask Vargas herself about what numbers they’re up to unfortunately.

found out from Vargas they’re at 852 for meds as of yesterday. Huge leap from 739 last week. They may just well get to the 1100s by summers end after all, hopefully.

8 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

I heard from some others that they heard of an August class as well. But since it was my second time there They kept me away from orientation. So I couldn’t ask Vargas herself about what numbers they’re up to unfortunately.

found out from Vargas they’re at 852 for meds as of yesterday. Huge leap from 739 last week. They may just well get to the 1100s by summers end after all, hopefully.

Just in case you didnt notice, in the green box at the top of the forum, it says classes are scheduled for 6/10, 7/21 and 8/19

29 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

I’m aware of that. Though transit has only confirmed the June 10 and July classes and is looking for dates for the July and  August class so I’m waiting for their confirmation on the exact dates honestly.

Just got sworn in a few mins ago. I asked the person that sworn me about a possible July or August class. She said she not aware that right now she can only confirm June 10

I however feel like they will have a couple more back to back classes 

13 minutes ago, JoseL1992 said:

Just got sworn in a few mins ago. I asked the person that sworn me about a possible July or August class. She said she not aware that right now she can only confirm June 10

Congrats man. List number?

17 minutes ago, JoseL1992 said:

Congratulations for starters! Also, me Vargas herself told me there will be a July class and they’re seeking a date for August but she didn’t give exact dates as posted here. So I’m going to wait til she can as opposed to what’s posted at the top of this page, no disrespect intended.

1 hour ago, MarkGuy said:

Congratulations for starters! Also, me Vargas herself told me there will be a July class and they’re seeking a date for August but she didn’t give exact dates as posted here. So I’m going to wait til she can as opposed to what’s posted at the top of this page, no disrespect intended.

I think you are right, I remember back in PE Vargas did mention she receive classes in quarters. If she’s approved, it’s usually every 3mo then wait until more dates are approved.

1 hour ago, Bronxmike said:

Hey I seen in the forum that the school car was hard, how many in a class and how many actually make it through? I remember at my first PE she said if you fail one test your gone. Do a lot of people actually fail out?

It’s not that hard.

Just pay attention, study, and listen to your instructors. It’s a very simple thing; put in the work, and succeed.

There will be a lot of information and it will be overwhelming, but you’ll learn to sift through information that is nice to know and information that you NEED to know. Talk to your classmates and help each other out. Most of the classes in my induction class were having issues because they didn’t like each other. I had an incredibly easy time because my class is close knit. 

Be humble and open to criticism.

You’ll be fine, just put in the effort.

3 minutes ago, FutureBOtoTO said:

Just checked my email and I have my medical /final processing on Friday May 31st. List # Range is in the 860's. Good luck to all who are going tomorrow. I had my P/E on May 15th

Got my medical/final processing email but for conductor instead this Friday I go in at 730am

Edited by Schecter

41 minutes ago, FutureBOtoTO said:

Just checked my email and I have my medical /final processing on Friday May 31st. List # Range is in the 860's. Good luck to all who are going tomorrow. I had my P/E on May 15th

Congrats! 

For June 10th?