Jump to content


Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
ren

T/O #7604 Hiring Process

SevenEleven

LIST STATUS UPDATE: 5/22/2019

This list HAS been established as of 9/19/2018. To view your list number, click here and either type your last name in the search box on the top right or type in "7604" to view the entire list, followed by pressing enter.

PAY: $34 to start, raises to $36 after 231st road day after schoolcar.

TRAINING: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

HIGHEST LIST # CALLED: For initial P/E: (1800s); For Medical: (800s)

CLASSES SCHEDULED FOR 6/10, 7/21 & 8/19

Message added by SevenEleven

Recommended Posts

Does anyone care to share if they received medical emails after last Wednesday,  I'm curious to know because there are people here doing  medicals today for train operator and I would like to have an idea if its anyone that came in after may 15. I would like to know what class I'm falling into 😉 😆😆 thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Conductor2015 said:

Does anyone care to share if they received medical emails after last Wednesday,  I'm curious to know because there are people here doing  medicals today for train operator and I would like to have an idea if its anyone that came in after may 15. I would like to know what class I'm falling into 😉 😆😆 thanks 

Kevin also told me they’re calling Medicals this week. But Vargas again is not answering. I’ll also ask when it’s my turn Friday 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

Kevin also told me they’re calling Medicals this week. But Vargas again is not answering. I’ll also ask when it’s my turn Friday 

I got lucky again and she answered, I’m list 79x she said they in the 600s for medical. I’m trying to figure out myself what class I’ll fall under, it may be a close one for the June 10th 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, JoseL1992 said:

I got lucky again and she answered, I’m list 79x she said they in the 600s for medical. I’m trying to figure out myself what class I’ll fall under, it may be a close one for the June 10th 

I’m sorry but There’s no way that’s correct they’re in the 600s for meds. She’s told me and others here the last no for meds was in the 860s. Are you sure you heard her correctly?

Edited by MarkGuy
My mistake you are correct. She told me 860 was last appointed and 739 for meds. I was confused bc when I called and asked for med number she gave me the 860 number, which is actually last appointed. Guess nobody in the 1000s is gonna be in the summer.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vargas also confirmed a July class but if they’re only up to 700s for medical in late May i don’t think anyone with a 1000s list no is getting in before fall. And who knows, they may slow down classes again after summer. Disappointed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listen ya need to stop speculating . Yes the 1000s will at least make the summer class because first of all 860 plus 185 equals 1045. That's considering every single person passes the medical,  which they are not . Ms Vargas Is not going to confirm anything else cause I'm pretty sure she gets harrassed enough . I got 3 dates June July and August.  Confirmed dates because they are coming from the school car superintendent. The classes are supposed to be 60/60/65. If anyone else feels like being negative their problem.  As for everyone else within the range of 860 and 1045 . I'll be seeing ya this summer . Say good bye to those beach days 😅😅😅😅

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Conductor2015 said:

Listen ya need to stop speculating . Yes the 1000s will at least make the summer class because first of all 860 plus 185 equals 1045. That's considering every single person passes the medical,  which they are not . Ms Vargas Is not going to confirm anything else cause I'm pretty sure she gets harrassed enough . I got 3 dates June July and August.  Confirmed dates because they are coming from the school car superintendent. The classes are supposed to be 60/60/65. If anyone else feels like being negative their problem.  As for everyone else within the range of 860 and 1045 . I'll be seeing ya this summer . Say good bye to those beach days 😅😅😅😅

I know I’ll get in. That I’m 100 percent positive on. But I’m in the 1100s so I’m right after that cutoff number. I just don’t know if I’ll be in by July. 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I’m looking at it from what happened last time we got pre emp letters in November. A lot of us (myself included) thought we would be in. Look how that turned out 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Conductor2015. This is getting pretty annoying now with all these so called educated guesses and wrong info. If you guys look at the top of the forum it states the highest called for P/E is 1800s and medical 800s. If people are being hired with a 600-700 list number still that has to be due to them being on hold for some reason or deferring previously. No one knows what list number they will get up to. A good number of people can be put on hold once again and the list will keep pushing as she stated before.

  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fredman0220 said:

Thank you Conductor2015. This is getting pretty annoying now with all these so called educated guesses and wrong info. If you guys look at the top of the forum it states the highest called for P/E is 1800s and medical 800s. If people are being hired with a 600-700 list number still that has to be due to them being on hold for some reason or deferring previously. No one knows what list number they will get up to. A good number of people can be put on hold once again and the list will keep pushing as she stated before.

And that's just what's going to happen . Trust me . The December class ranges from list number 500 to 700. I know people in that class. We have 3 confirmed class dates.  Yes , we did get pre employment letters back in November and unfortunately they didn't need more people and stopped classes . Well this time they need 185 and a large group will not be ready and others will . That's that . I stay positive 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fredman0220 said:

Thank you Conductor2015. This is getting pretty annoying now with all these so called educated guesses and wrong info. If you guys look at the top of the forum it states the highest called for P/E is 1800s and medical 800s. If people are being hired with a 600-700 list number still that has to be due to them being on hold for some reason or deferring previously. No one knows what list number they will get up to. A good number of people can be put on hold once again and the list will keep pushing as she stated before.

I’m 790 I’m speaking for myself, I deferred back in November , I been ready since February but what happened was as I was explained, after the list got officially established sometime after the new year, they restarted and went all the way down to the beginning of the list calling people like myself who had deferred before the list was officially established. Since then according to what I was told they have only reached the 600s for medical ( maybe higher now) as for me sitting at 790 they have not reached me and I attended pre employment May 15   

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im banking on late winter 115x for me. depends how things go with MTA and if deblasio decides to stir up any issues again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

im banking on late winter 115x for me. depends how things go with MTA and if deblasio decides to stir up any issues again.

And I'm banking on the middle of next year with list 131X

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are those class dates definite? I was called for the June 10 class and asked Michelle Vargas if I could defer to the July class. She said the class was probable but not official and told me to give her a call back around June 7th to talk about getting into a July class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jmksi said:

Are those class dates definite? I was called for the June 10 class and asked Michelle Vargas if I could defer to the July class. She said the class was probable but not official and told me to give her a call back around June 7th to talk about getting into a July class.

No one can tell you better than Ms. Vargas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Fredman0220 said:

No one can tell you better than Ms. Vargas

Yeah she gives good information and she's very polite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then maybe the mods should've held off on updating the upcoming classes until Vargas has said they're official?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listen guys this is the last thing I'm ever going to post here Because clearly my future coworkers have alot of negativity in their life.  Ms vargas will never tell you anything is official , why because she gets 1000s of calls a day . Shell get 1000 more if she makes any date official . How did we find out about the June class ??? Because someone saw that the list had a update of a number of train ops that they wanted . When did ms vargas say anything was official for June??? She never did and that's my point. I'm pretty sure many people called in may and in April and we would have never known of June until we started getting PE letters. look you guys do not have to take my word about a July and August class, but be very clear about one thing . I get this info from school car itself . From someone that knows how much work they are about to receive based on schedules.  A school car superintendent who is above ms vargas and clearly makes the choices of how many people he can take . I work in transit , you guys don't understand how many times a day they "beg" train ops and conductors to stay and work overtime.   That being said I believe my source , do you really believe that for June,  a potential 60 people class,  they would hold a whole weeks worth of PEs and call more than 10 people a day . I don't think so . Unfortunately the last time we were unlucky because the classes stopped , but there was literally a class per month . This time it started back up a bunch was called . But look at the bunch , its clearly greater for more than 1 class . I don't know about ya . But I'm getting in and that's my mind set . Look take the job while you can , sacrifice whatever it is . Trust me it'll work out .

  • Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Received confirmation from reliable source (school car supervision) that there will be classes for June, July, and August.

Be patient. The call will come.

  • Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

off topic, is anyone getting weird notification to the posts? im getting 4-5 emails for the same post for some of yall.

 

but also we all should keep in mind many people begins to call vargas, shell probably avoid your calls or give you what you want to hear. nothing is set in stone, they could possible put a hold on the upcoming classes if the city chooses to.

 

play it day by day, its MTA "might take a while"

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoseL1992 said:

Update 79x got my medical email for Wednesday 

 

Did u defer before or will this be your first medical? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2019 at 9:21 PM, BigCountry said:

Hey GGTrain... Let me get this right, you declined in November and they still sent you another invite for PE for 5/23? The first time, did you send in the PE letter with the bottom part signed and the "I decline appointment" checked or simply did not come in the day requested?

I think it's great that part of your dream came true and very noble of you to pass your spot onto someone else. And Cheers for a wonderful retirement...

Yes I did. Guess it doesn't matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

Did u defer before or will this be your first medical? 

Deferred back in November 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.