ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, 2nice said:

How do they even know if u owe tickets anyway? When I went everyone that was sent home disclosed the fact that they owe a ticket or two. But what if u didn't disclose.

I always wondered the same thing...

35 minutes ago, 2nice said:

How do they even know if u owe tickets anyway? When I went everyone that was sent home disclosed the fact that they owe a ticket or two. But what if u didn't disclose.

Well if you and dont and they find out then you'll get fired while your out working or while you're in school car. I called 180 and asked them and they said do it at your own risk but if we find out then we'll pull you off the field or take you out of school car and you'll be fired.

51 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

I always wondered the same thing...

lol hello they run a background check. If you lie on any part of that paperwork, for any TA job and they catch it, you will get fired even if you already started! That is a fact, there’s no reason to lie, they do not care about your driving record, I’m telling you from experience, license just has to be valid, I was scared of the same thing. Again these things have been addressed over and over in the thread, but if you want to mess up an opportunity for something silly go right ahead.

5 minutes ago, Imhim said:

lol hello they run a background check. If you lie on any part of that paperwork, for any TA job and they catch it, you will get fired even if you already started! That is a fact, there’s no reason to lie, they do not care about your driving record, I’m telling you from experience, license just has to be valid, I was scared of the same thing. Again these things have been addressed over and over in the thread, but if you want to mess up an opportunity for something silly go right ahead.

Yup exactly

24 minutes ago, Imhim said:

Oh I always disclose and pay any tickets before i show up. But I have run drivers license checks before myself as part of my job and I've never seen a parking ticket background check. I guess department of finance but then if that's the case, why parking tickets but not taxes owed to the city? I've heard it said in here as an explanation that the mta doesn't want u owing the city any money, but if that's the case then something like owing taxes or other types of violations should be disclosed too no? 

Doesn't matter, I say disclose it all and pay any tickets anyway. I even pled guilty to a moving violation back in November just so it wouldn't stop me, even though I had a very good chance of winning the case. 

Edited by acabral136

32 minutes ago, Imhim said:

I’m working on plans to settle my ticket before next week def. btw, Imhim, congrats on passing your final! When will you or have you been released to the crew office? How many sacrifices in terms of time for stuff outside of work have you been making? Do you get am’s? Pm? Midnights? 

14 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

Oh I always disclose and pay any tickets before i show up. But I have run drivers license checks before myself as part of my job and I've never seen a parking ticket background check. I guess department of finance but then if that's the case, why parking tickets but not taxes owed to the city? I've heard it said in here as an explanation that the mta doesn't want u owing the city any money, but if that's the case then something like owing taxes or other types of violations should be disclosed too no? 

Doesn't matter, I say disclose it all and pay any tickets anyway. I even pled guilty to a moving violation back in November just so it wouldn't stop me, even though I had a very good chance of winning the case. 

Yeah I hear you, not sure how they know but when I went in for P/E there were a few ppl who thought the parking tickets didn’t matter, but the HR rep there said if you have any tickets open today, you will not be allowed to proceed, best believe phones came out and they were paid on the spot lol. 

5 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

I’m working on plans to settle my ticket before next week def. btw, Imhim, congrats on passing your final! When will you or have you been released to the crew office? How many sacrifices in terms of time for stuff outside of work have you been making? Do you get am’s? Pm? Midnights? 

Thanks...💪🏽💪🏽 Yeah get it sorted, you don’t want to delay the process, I almost deferred myself, but thank God I didn’t. I got released to the crew office two days after the road practical. Tues/Weds off, working PMs, can’t lie it’s not really that rough! We were already warned about the schedules, honestly, you will hear this a lot, but the hardest part really is getting to work lol. I like the job a lot, everyday you learn something new and every station stop is like you’re taking your practical. The money is good also lol, stay in your books, learn your job and everything will come together with time! 

13 minutes ago, Imhim said:

Yeah I hear you, not sure how they know but when I went in for P/E there were a few ppl who thought the parking tickets didn’t matter, but the HR rep there said if you have any tickets open today, you will not be allowed to proceed, best believe phones came out and they were paid on the spot lol. 

Thanks...💪🏽💪🏽 Yeah get it sorted, you don’t want to delay the process, I almost deferred myself, but thank God I didn’t. I got released to the crew office two days after the road practical. Tues/Weds off, working PMs, can’t lie it’s not really that rough! We were already warned about the schedules, honestly, you will hear this a lot, but the hardest part really is getting to work lol. I like the job a lot, everyday you learn something new and every station stop is like you’re taking your practical. The money is good also lol, stay in your books, learn your job and everything will come together with time! 

I hear. Did you get to pick while you’re an xtra xtra? Or you still have to wait? I’ve heard of some people picking before even finishing schoolcar.

1 hour ago, Nexdup said:

spoke with ms. vargas earlier, 50 person class for june at this time. names are sitting from what was requested.no other date except for 6/10/19. 

Sounds like people are going to have to multiple PEs to go to, thankfully I only did 1 since November of last year.

Hopefully that quota of the 225 vacancies is for this quarter they’re currently in. But the fact that they called only about 300 candidates for P/E is a little discouraging. Hopefully that’s only bcuz they have just this one class scheduled at the moment but hopefully more to be scheduled soon for July and the coming months.

List 109x , 2nd PE scheduled on 5/24

13 hours ago, MarkGuy said:

So I shouldn’t even go to pre employment unless I fix it?

No, go to pre employment. But also take care of that, when they put you on hold, you can go to the DMV down the block to pay for the ticket, then come back so they can take the hold off you so you can continue. 

14 hours ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

yea, on my first P/E there was a guy there with outstanding tickets when we were grouped in the room. the instructor let him pay it right there over his phone online and cleared him once he saw the confirmation.

damn, he got lucky, they didn’t let me do that, I went to the DMV real quick to pay my tint ticket then went back to continue the process. 

9 hours ago, MarkGuy said:

I hear. Did you get to pick while you’re an xtra xtra? Or you still have to wait? I’ve heard of some people picking before even finishing schoolcar.

Yeah got awarded a job from the vacancy bid, a couple of my classmates won jobs also, being on board is good OT, but being sent all over the place can get demanding, I’m glad I got the job, hopefully it’ll last through my probation, then I’ll go back extra extra list! 

55 minutes ago, Imhim said:

Yeah got awarded a job from the vacancy bid, a couple of my classmates won jobs also, being on board is good OT, but being sent all over the place can get demanding, I’m glad I got the job, hopefully it’ll last through my probation, then I’ll go back extra extra list! 

Hope I'll get to pick when its my time. I wanna stay on the xtra xtra list as little as possible--less money but more stability. I know am's with weekends will be impossible at first, but if I can pick at least Thursday/Friday, Friday/Saturday, or Sunday/Monday off with pms (or even ams), I'd settle for that. How long is an average day? 10 hours?

1 hour ago, Elfamoso2020 said:

No, go to pre employment. But also take care of that, when they put you on hold, you can go to the DMV down the block to pay for the ticket, then come back so they can take the hold off you so you can continue. 

In that case, might as well pay before going. I just need the help I'm seeking to come through, cause I'm broke as a mf'er now.

4 hours ago, MarkGuy said:

Hope I'll get to pick when its my time. I wanna stay on the xtra xtra list as little as possible--less money but more stability. I know am's with weekends will be impossible at first, but if I can pick at least Thursday/Friday, Friday/Saturday, or Sunday/Monday off with pms (or even ams), I'd settle for that. How long is an average day? 10 hours?

Every line/job is different there is no average day when you’re XX. 

Also being XX isn’t the worst thing in the word I’m still XX and I’ve had ams/weekends since I’ve finished schoolcar and that’s going on over10 months now. 

3 hours ago, Jchambers2120 said:

Also being XX isn’t the worst thing in the word I’m still XX and I’ve had ams/weekends since I’ve finished schoolcar and that’s going on over10 months now. 

Yeah it’s not bad at all, I actually wouldn’t have cared if I didn’t get awarded a job, I just did it to see if I would get one, the bid already started so our class didn’t get to put in a preference sheet, so I was stuck with middle of the week days off lol. 

6 hours ago, Jchambers2120 said:

Ok I see. Btw someone at pre-employ in the conductor thread is saying they were told another class is on July. Idk if it includes t/os though.