ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

Thought I would shed some light on this to help those who don’t understand it. Here are what each column means.

This info comes from just deducing and picking my union rep’s mind a little.

Cert Seq No – Certification Sequence Number. Not 100% sure, but I believe this is your rank in the current certified list. For example, if your Cert Seq Number says “150”, that means you are ranked 150th on the list of people that will be called in for the next pre-employment.

Request Date – Date that NYC Transit asked for a certified list of probable employees for the vacancies available.

Salary – Self Explanatory

Cert Issue No – Just the ID number for the list

Cert Date – Date the list was certified

Reissue Date – no idea

Cert Expiration Date – The date that list expires. So they have until June 6th to call people in for those vacancies from that list.

No. Certified – Amount of people on the current certified list

No. Requested – Amount of people NYC Transit actually requested. You will notice that the number that was actually certified is always higher than the amount requested.

Provisional Replacement – Whether or not you were being called for provisional or permanent employment

No. Vacancies – Amount of vacancies actually available, which is 225 in our case.

As I was typing this I actually just got the email and an automated phone call to come in May 16th. Really excited.

Good luck to all of you that will be getting calls and emails today and the rest of the week I imagine.

LETS GET IT!

congrats, thanks for the good info as well 

7 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

I would caution this is just for another drug test. What if they stall again for medicals?

Definitely a possibility but with the website showing 225 vacancies I'm sure 225 of us will be getting in there by the summer. I don't have any medical issues either besides being a little overweight so I should be good. 

2 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

Definitely a possibility but with the website showing 225 vacancies I'm sure 225 of us will be getting in there by the summer. I don't have any medical issues either besides being a little overweight so I should be good. 

Just make sure your vitals are in good shape no high blood pressure no heart problems and etc. 

1 hour ago, Schecter said:

Just make sure your vitals are in good shape no high blood pressure no heart problems and etc. 

Greetings Schecter.  I just recieved an invitation to start the pre-employment process for the train operator position.  I am currently taking medication to keep my blood pressure under control.  I've been to the doctor fairly recently to have it checked, and it was at a normal level.  Will the fact that I'm on blood pressure meds be an issue for me going forward?  Could it be grounds for disqualification?  I'm very healthy otherwise.  No serious medical issues.  Any advice or insight you can provide would be helpful.  Thanks for your time.

For all you folks that are marginally overweight, or suffering from slightly elevated blood pressure or high sugar levels, and have not been called yet for medicals, might want to make some serious lifestyle adjustments for several reasons, now. 

First, you don't want anything to delay your employment.  Sleep apnea, diabetes, etc. handle it before they call you, find a way to adjust your lifestyle, turn a new leaf, now is the time. 

Second, you will gain weight.  School Car stress, rotating shifts, long hours, long commutes, it will take a toll on you and your health.

Want a edge over all your classmates and coworkers?  Develop a healthy lifestyle now.  It will help you stay awake and focused during training and your career.  Now is the time to do it.   

5 minutes ago, Late Clear said:

For all you folks that are marginally overweight, or suffering from slightly elevated blood pressure or high sugar levels, and have not been called yet for medicals, might want to make some serious lifestyle adjustments for several reasons, now. 

First, you don't want anything to delay your employment.  Sleep apnea, diabetes, etc. handle it before they call you, find a way to adjust your lifestyle, turn a new leaf, now is the time. 

Second, you will gain weight.  School Car stress, rotating shifts, long hours, long commutes, it will take a toll on you and your health.

Want a edge over all your classmates and coworkers?  Develop a healthy lifestyle now.  It will help you stay awake and focused during training and your career.  Now is the time to do it.   

How would they even know if you have sleep apnea?

4 minutes ago, Late Clear said:

As long as you throw a flag for having it, neck size and BMI readings, you're a candidate and they will put you on hold. 

That's weird because in order for my BMI to be normal I'd have to weigh 128 pounds I'm 5 foot 9 and apparently I'd have to lose 86 pounds and look like a stick to have a normal BMI... I feel bad for myself now lmao

5 minutes ago, Schecter said:

That's weird because in order for my BMI to be normal I'd have to weigh 128 pounds I'm 5 foot 9 and apparently I'd have to lose 86 pounds and look like a stick to have a normal BMI... I feel bad for myself now lmao

They'll measure your neck and as long as it isn't past a certain point u should be good, or so I've been told in here. 

List num 11xx...got the call as well but I'm going to decline so someone else can get pushed up. Expected to start the fdny fire academy in nov. it would be selfish of me to take a position knowing I would leave in 6 months when one of u guys can get your dream job. Good luck to all.