ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, BrooklynKam said:

What do you mean by skipped ahead? I'm still in school car so not really familiar with all the jargon yet 

This means for example instead of being a 1433 out of van court on a southbound 1 they move you “up one” or “up three” intervals in service ….so if trains are running every 6 minutes instead of 1433 you’d be a 1427…or up three would be 1415…..etc.  basically you’re moved ahead of your orig scheduled trip

On 9/14/2021 at 5:12 PM, beanz said:

I'm road posting now and in 2 days we been skipped ahead 3 out of 4 trips due to lack of crews. Shit is crazy i cant wait to come out n make some $$$$$.

Maybe I'll get u as a student and not even know it ha. 

And yes the lack of crews is taking a toll on us.

7 hours ago, MarkGuy said:

Maybe I'll get u as a student and not even know it ha. 

And yes the lack of crews is taking a toll on us.

What line u on? Just finished posting the Delta and now on the Bravo rest of the week. Lima, Echo and Juliet next week on the midnights.

6 hours ago, beanz said:

What line u on? Just finished posting the Delta and now on the Bravo rest of the week. Lima, Echo and Juliet next week on the midnights.

I move around so I don't really have a set line. But if u have those lines next week likely u won't see me esp since I don't do mids 

On 9/16/2021 at 5:56 AM, MarkGuy said:

Very. The G line for ex had almost no am crews on Tuesday.

The Fox Line is always running Flexes due to lack of TOs more than anything..

Especially the Highway  Both Tours...

Im usually flexed leaving STL at least three four times a week on my first trip.

Another reason i went early PMs this pick it was killing me last Pick(Had a later job no more 0230 AM clearing times for me).

12 minutes ago, RTOMan said:

The Fox Line is always running Flexes due to lack of TOs more than anything..

Especially the Highway  Both Tours...

Im usually flexed leaving STL at least three four times a week on my first trip.

Another reason i went early PMs this pick it was killing me last Pick(Had a later job no more 0230 AM clearing times for me).

Well no one else has been called for a drug test cept that one guy apparently lol

Just now, Ricardo924 said:

Just got the email to come in for pre-employment on Monday! I know that the information is buried somewhere in this thread, but what should I expect?

Congrats!  First off, what’s your list number please? In for format of 19xx or 193x.  Second, pre employment is basically a drug test it’s nothing too crazy. Just make sure all your paperwork is complete so it’s a smooth process at 180

5 minutes ago, Ricardo924 said:

Just got the email to come in for pre-employment on Monday! I know that the information is buried somewhere in this thread, but what should I expect?

Also in conjunction with what @STtoMTA said, be sure to bring your state ID (driver's, non-driver's or other qualifying ID), social security card, birth certificate or passport, and HS diploma or college degree. Everything must be an original document.

If you have tickets or violations that you have pending or haven't paid off they will tell you to pay them there on the spot or they will dismiss you and you will not take the drug test.

In the employment section of the paperwork they sent you, be sure to put the reason why you left that job. Indicate if you Resigned, were Terminated or Laid-off. They will ask you to write that in if you do not already have it there.

If you have been drug tested in the previous 2 years (I believe) for a job they will ask you to sign a release for the results of that drug test.

Make sure you have to urinate once you get called. If you do not have to urinate once you are called, or you do not produce enough urine, you will be given water every 30-60 minutes for up to 3 hours before you can try again. I hope my memory is correct on 3 hours. It's something like that. Just make sure you gotta go either by waiting or drinking water.

Bring something to drink because the machine is notorious for not working (what I was told when I took the drug test). You will be there for a long time so if you need a snack bring one.