Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
ren

T/O Exam # 7604 (Open-Competitive)

SevenEleven

LIST STATUS UPDATE: 5/27/18

The list HAS NOT been established but candidates are being called provisionally. What this means your employment status is temporary until the list is established. Once established, provisional employees will be changed over to permanent status and candidates hired thereafter, will be permanent.

Your probationary period (1 year) will NOT start until you are a permanent employee, and you will be not eligible to take any promotional exams until then, so do keep that in mind.

PAY: $34 to start, raises to $36 after 231st road day after schoolcar.

TRAINING: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Message added by SevenEleven

8 minutes ago, Physcoles said:

Not 100% sure, but I don’t think the LIRR to Atlantic runs early at that time. You might wanna double check. I think the earliest LIRR train to Atlantic leaves around 630 and gets there at 655.

Your right. I'm transferring at Jamaica.

9 minutes ago, Gisnunnie said:

When do we get the golden ticket? The LiRR is not cheap!

You get your metro card & LIRR/MetroNorth pass first day of orientation. It will say either LIRR or metro north on your metro card along with your picture in it.

8 hours ago, Gisnunnie said:

Thanks, so good to know! I'll be on 430 train from where I am, transfer from Jamaica to Atlantic and take the D from there I think.

7 hours ago, Physcoles said:

Not 100% sure, but I don’t think the LIRR to Atlantic runs early at that time. You might wanna double check. I think the earliest LIRR train to Atlantic leaves around 630 and gets there at 655.

If hes coming from wheatley heights he should be on train 2005 during the weekdays which has the first atlantic terminal getting him in around 5:55am. Should be fine. If they ever surprise you with a weekend class that would be where the challange comes in. Thats when trains don't start rolling in until around 6:40.

26 minutes ago, LIRRMedford said:

If hes coming from wheatley heights he should be on train 2005 during the weekdays which has the first atlantic terminal getting him in around 5:55am. Should be fine. If they ever surprise you with a weekend class that would be where the challange comes in. Thats when trains don't start rolling in until around 6:40.

That is correct. But it is still a transfer at Jamaica according to the July 21 to September3rd schedule. When I went in for processing there was a later 7:16 train that went directly to Atlantic, the new schedule doesn't show any direct trains to Atlantic terminal. If there is a weekend class I'll probably drive in.

17 hours ago, Gisnunnie said:

I'm coming from LI. How tight is parking? I'm concerned about train delays and cancellations like the one on Friday. The interviewer recommended I drive in because of the "complexity " of the directions they gave us.

Definitely true what Physcoles said about public transportation... it just helps to cover your ass if anything does happen. 

If you do decide to drive in, alternate side parking can be a pain. And remember you are probably not the only student to drive in so you will have to contend with the other people looking for parking too. First day I drove in took me about 20 mins to find parking... about 5 blocks away and that was around me 5:30 in the morning. Once you get a feel for the area and remember the alternate days it gets a little easier.  Around the general area, looks like Wednesday is the only day ASP isn’t in effect. Some blocks have Mon/Thur, some have Tues/Fri. Some just Tues or Thur only. 

For those that are curious, the school has water coolers so no need to bring in bottled water. The gym and lunchroom has vending machines for drinks and snacks. Lunchroom also has a small fridge and microwaves.

If you go to the Dunkin’ Donuts by the school I recommend you go in an hour before class or put in your mobile order 30 mins prior. The folks there are not just slow but when it gets close to start time all the students crowd in and the line will be ridiculous. 

Hope these little tips will benefit folks on the thread!

• Thumbs Up 1