ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

7 minutes ago, aTrainHopeful said:

Not really. First day of preemployment was May 11th which means those people have until August 9th if you count the first day.

Thanks. I wasn’t aware of the first date of PE. 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/5/2018 at 12:02 AM, Mtahopeful2287 said:

My list number is between 3500 and 4000 what are my chances of being called?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it’s likely that you’ll have to wait until next year, if not longer.

6 hours ago, kev2112 said:

Can anyone tell me who I have to contact to change my address?  List number 16XX    Many thanks

On the PE letter it says change of contact info should be sent to:

NYC Transit, Personnel Testing and Selection Unit, 180 Livingston Street, Room 4070, Brooklyn NY 11201, or email examsunit@nyct.com. Include your old contact information. It also says you need to notify DCAS by filling out a Data Correction Form. 

Include your ss#, exam title and exam number. 

Edited by Djx

16 hours ago, Mtahopeful2287 said:

How long is train operator schooling and do you get paid while going?

15 hours ago, Jay-Oh said:

IIRC, it's approximately 3 months. You do get paid during school car.

If you include YX (yard extra) then it is more like 6-8 months depending in the subdivision you choose or are placed in (folks with the lowest list number of that class may not get a choice.) 

9 minutes ago, apokeguy said:

If you include YX (yard extra) then it is more like 6-8 months depending in the subdivision you choose or are placed in (folks with the lowest list number of that class may not get a choice.) 

Can you elaborate on the subdivision part? I’m not knowledgeable in that, thanks 

20 minutes ago, Mtahopeful2287 said:

I received the letter with  my list number and it also says that the final list would be established in June or July wondering if the list has been established if not how long it might take

All letters say that, however the list has not been officially established, it has been slightly delayed due to a scoring error on one of the sessions

5 hours ago, Budryan2504 said:

Can you elaborate on the subdivision part? I’m not knowledgeable in that, thanks 

The subway is split into 2 divisions. The A Division which is the numbered lines and the 42nd st Shuttle, and the B Division which is the lettered lines, the Franklin Ave Shuttle and the Rockaway Shuttle. The reason for the 2 divisions is that the tunnels and stations are built differently for each division. The A division has more narrow tunnels, more narrow cars, usually shorter stations and shorter cars then the B division which has wider tunnels, wider cars and usually longer stations and longer cars.B division trains can not fit into A division tunnels and stations however A division trains can fit into most B division tunnels and stations but since the cars are more narrow there would be a big gap from the platform to the train. Because of this the MTA maintains 2 separate fleets, 1 for each division. The B division has a more diverse fleet and usually requires more training.

10 hours ago, LIRRMedford said:

All letters say that, however the list has not been officially established, it has been slightly delayed due to a scoring error on one of the sessions

That's correct..my score was changed from a 91 to an 93. I only found out because they sent me a letter about the appeal. They still havnt even notified those that were affected by the error from that session. 

8 hours ago, njbk said:

Is there lunch every day in schoolcar? I like to bring lunch but don't want to carry it around if I'm not gonna have the opportunity to eat.

Majority of the time yes you will get a lunch break. Some days you will have a “working lunch” where you eat your food when you can. Those days could be in the yard where the instructors want you to get more hands on time for the day or road ops days (operating a train on the mainline) and you eat when it is not your turn.  If it is not a scheduled road ops day the instructors (at least ours did) will give you the opportunity to go get food if it is going to be a working lunch. 

Hope that makes sense!

Edited by apokeguy

21 hours ago, Mtahopeful2287 said:

If theres an error on a session I'm assuming that affect the list I've heard they started calling people how does that work ?

It only affected those people in that session. Your score either went up or down by 2pts or stayed the same. If your at the top with a 97 and drop down to a 95 it doesn't matter bcuz they've called up to that for PE. By the time they call more ppl for PE, they should be using the official list with the adjusted numbers. People shouldn't really worry unless u took the exam during that session.

Edited by 2nice

1 hour ago, 2nice said:

It only affected those people in that session. Your score either went up or down by 2pts or stayed the same. If your at the top with a 97 and drop down to a 95 it doesn't matter bcuz they've called up to that for PE. By the time they call more ppl for PE, they should be using the official list with the adjusted numbers. People shouldn't really worry unless u took the exam during that session.

Do u happen to know what session the grading issue pertains to? 

4 hours ago, apokeguy said:

Majority of the time yes you will get a lunch break. Some days you will have a “working lunch” where you eat your food when you can. Those days could be in the yard where the instructors want you to get more hands on time for the day or road ops days (operating a train on the mainline) and you eat when it is not your turn.  If it is not a scheduled road ops day the instructors (at least ours did) will give you the opportunity to go get food if it is going to be a working lunch. 

Hope that makes sense!

It does, thanks man.